*** DC/LB Coach WATCH Thread ***

The one thing I don't like about brining in Williams is that means Manny has to continue calling the defense in the coming years until someone on the staff leaves and he can hire a DC or he turns play calling over to a DC who has either no experience or only experience as a CO-DC.
Simpson actually has experience calling plays he should name them CO-DC with T-Rob and structure it the way Dabo structures it at Clemson.

Advertisement
One thing this board should learn by now is not to talk definites with manny lol. If the name Miami has been chasing at dc wants in with a lb coach you can bet manny will make it happen. If he doesn’t then just roll with the lb coach and be done. Manny always has a plan , just like with stroud. He was the insurance policy for Simpson since he was interested in the nfl.
For the love of god Cribby. I've been pretty damning on Manny but if this friggin guy figured out a way to get:

Steele as DC
T-Will as LB
Patke demoted to analyst (Field becomes TE/ST?)

I know this is not what you're insinuating but I would become an instant Manny slurper with that above staff. Gimme dat Manny ramen slurp slurp slurp.

Last edited:
Speaking of analysts I was told Butch Jones and Charlie Strong are pretty much running the defense at practice lol. Two “ analysts “ .
It was the same thing with Hugh Freeze when he was an Analyst at Bama too, he was basically the De Facto OC that made every play call in practice & designed & did the install for most of the plays throughout the week.

It was the same thing with Hugh Freeze when he was an Analyst at Bama too, he was basically the De Facto OC that made every play call in practice & designed & did the install for most of the plays throughout the week.

Do you ever see them putting a cap on how many analysts you can have?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any of the bottom two and I'm pretty **** happy.

Option A
DC/LB - Steele
AHC/DL - Simpson
DB - T-Rob
CB - DVD

Option B
DC - Manny
AHC/DL - Simpson
LB - T-Will
DB - T-Rob
CB - DVD

What if there was a 3rd scenario where Patke was pushed out and both a DC and LB coach, with ST shifting to Field.

For the love of god Cribby. I've been pretty damning on Manny but if this friggin guy figured out a way to get:

Steele as DC
T-Will as LB
Patke demoted to analyst (Field becomes TE/ST?)

I know this is not what you're insinuating but I would become an instant Manny slurper with that above staff. Gimme dat Manny ramen slurp slurp slurp.

I don't think moving Patke to analyst is a demotion if it comes with a sizable raise (which he just got). More aligning him with his skill set, which is Xs and Os rather than recruiting. I don't believe the perception will be that he lost his job because he sucked like Baker did- it would be that Diaz is playing 4D chess and stacking the position coach jobs with top recruiters and then loading up on elite analysts (fingers crossed for Morris on O). It's possible that Diaz could basically steele most of Auburns former coaches to include T-Will and Morris along with T-Rob and have one of the deepest staffs in the country.

Advertisement
That’s not the best case scenario, more like worst case scenario. Best case is a a lot better than this. We’ll likely know which in the next week, manny is trying doe.

62d.gif

Advertisement
The two who got allACC honorable mention and AllACC First team their final seasons with Diaz as their position coaches
Yeah, they should have been better. You telling me they didn't regress? If so, you're in the small minority bud.

Yeah, they should have been better. You telling me they didn't regress? If so, you're in the small minority bud.
They regressed their senior season. When Baker was their position coach. In hindsight, they should’ve gone NFL after their junior seasons. Especially Quarterman.

2002 coached Burnette at NC State. First team AllACC
2003 coached manny Lawson at NC state

Texas. Jordan Hicks, Keenan Robinson, Emmanuel Acho

MissState. Chris White, KJ Wright

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back