DC homerun hire would be...

Any of these guys have any connections to Richt at all? serious question not being a smart ***

Advertisement
I would take Orlando. Who would be the best recruiter out of Leavitt, Aranda, Orlando? Personally I don't think we pull Orlando from Houston.

Recruiting ability should be the last thing on your mind when hiring a DC.

Obviously but, I was just curious out of the three.. They can all coach very well. We most likely wont end up with any of the three.

How about we just tell Charlie Strong how bad he is going to fail in 2016 and that he should jump ship and be our DC :Y-u-no:

people really don't understand the 3-4 4-3 isn't that different in todays day and age. theyre dead set on a 4-3 without really knowing why lol

Not true at all...Miami has always been excellent in the 4-3. Why are we still trying to tinker with that? Makes no sense to me.

I agree 4-3 all the way. BUT people are acting like the world would end with a 3-4.

Actually the 3-4 is mentioned in the book of revelation

Advertisement
people really don't understand the 3-4 4-3 isn't that different in todays day and age. theyre dead set on a 4-3 without really knowing why lol

Not true at all...Miami has always been excellent in the 4-3. Why are we still trying to tinker with that? Makes no sense to me.

I agree 4-3 all the way. BUT people are acting like the world would end with a 3-4.

Ok, that was funny.

I don't care if its a 4-3 or 3-4 but it **** well better be attacking and not friggin back peddling like we have seen the last 5 years.

We recruit friggin Alpha's and train and teach them to be beta's. Thats not what made the U great.

The number 7 does figure prominently; but you can still get there with a 3-4 or 4-3.

Bring back Shannon or Barrow

I did 'hear' that Butch and Ritch both mentioned Shannon as a possible DC.
I thought this is what may have canceled Butch but why not just offer Butch as the DC?
Instantly brings the best case for the current situation.
Ritch builds the offense, Butch builds the defense.
Tie the old and the new.

Advertisement
biggest problem i see oinf Aranda is that he's gonna get a HC job in a couple years and were gonna have to look for ANOTHER DC.

biggest problem i see oinf Aranda is that he's gonna get a HC job in a couple years and were gonna have to look for ANOTHER DC.

I assume our DC will also be the Assistant HC. If our DC comes in here and kicks *** with our defense for a couple years, then I'm all for him getting a HC job elsewhere.

Advertisement
DC Homerun hire would be Bud Foster from Virginia Tech

This, they say richt has targeted him before I read at uga

bud foster will never leave blacksburg. he makes 900k annually and is a god there.

I never took Foster as a serious candidate for us (etoh rumors, etc) that might not mix with pastor Richt, but the guy is a great DC. He allowed Beamer to run the O and ST, while VT succeeded largely because of their defense. Also, I doubt he'll be leaving for a HC gig if he comes.
Regardless, just get an aggressive coach that knows how to utilize athletes.

To solve the defensive coaching continuity problem Miami\Coach Richt could do the following. Hire Dave Aranda as DC\AHC, hire Green Bay Packers asst LB Coach Scott McCurley ( he has studied under Dom Capers and Winston Moss for years) an when Aranda moves on McCurley can be promoted to DC.

McCurley's Bio
Green Bay Packers Coach McCurley

McCurley video interview talking about coaching different positions
Green Bay Packers News | Scott McCurley in the position he wants to be in

Finally move Hurley Brown to DB coach his natural coaching position.

An it goes without saying hire Kevin Patrick as Dline coach.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll make this simple.

Hire Gene Chizik and let him choose the position coaches.

Except Rocker, the only defensive position coach we allegedly went after, and who coached w Chizik at auburn, is staying at UGA.

Hmmmmmm

Kills off UNC in Coastal too

Hmmmmmm

List of things richt should do
1. Make a run at bud foster
2. Hire co defensive coordinators- Ed Oregeron and Corey Raymond. Offer them both 750000 each
3. Go after Dave Aranda
4. Go after Winston moss
5. We still have guys like Michael barrow, randy Shannon in the back pocket IMO too

Advertisement
Back