DC homerun hire would be...

Not sure the hype on Orlando. Good coach, but he's not in Aranda's class yet.

Anyone suggesting position coaches to be DC is retarded.

Not sure about that.

Orlando replaced Aranda at Utah State ... I think both guys are equivalent, and i'd take either of them at DC.
[MENTION=7131]FullyERicht[/MENTION]

What's your knock on Orlando?

If he was Pitt's DC, would you feel better about him?

He's the guy Narduzzi wanted to hire, originally ... You know, the guy who runs the old Miami defense you love ...

Orlando couldn't say no to Herman, UH job - Houston Chronicle

Orlando had other offers, including the chance to return home and become defensive coordinator at Pittsburgh. Armed with a larger assistant coach salary pool, UH was able to offer Orlando a two-year deal that pays $501,000 annually, making him the highest-paid assistant from a non-Power 5 school. The salary was more than double the $216,000 he made at Utah State last season.

Advertisement
Orlando is a great DC. If you think otherwise, you haven't been paying attention. Aranda gets the hype but I'd ride the Orlando bus all day.

I would take Orlando. Who would be the best recruiter out of Leavitt, Aranda, Orlando? Personally I don't think we pull Orlando from Houston.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jim Leavitt would be the only home run hire.

Why exactly?

As far as Orlando I like him but I don't consider him a slam dunk hire. I'd rather Harlan Barnett from MSU if you want to run the Over Cover-4 defense.

why? did you see what he did with usf? oh yeah how about San fran? ******* moron.

What did he do exactly at USF? He was the HC there, and I don't recall them being all that special do you? They were a doormat for a decade until the Big East dissolved, then they had like one good year.

San Fran? He was the effing LB coach for one season there! He is now DC at Colorado and his defense is atrocious. He runs a size-based 4-3.

Again, what is so special about him? He yells?

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up with Randy, again, as DC. Right now we're getting a little desperate, and he'd take it for $1Mil.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back