2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Never trust kids from that area. Said it for months all while Miami “felt good” he was a silent.

Better hit the portal cause I didn’t see difference markers on this roster in the secondary outside of Brown.

Secondary recruiting has been lackluster. You have both starting safeties leaving for the nfl and you knew it and couldn’t land a ready to play safety. You got Patterson who is elite but more of an in the box guy and and transfer from Vandy.

Wtf has Guidry and Addea been doing? Questions at CB also.
The DB recruiting is horrendous. Can’t have the whole unit be developmental players outside of Brown and Patterson. Need more bodies. And with the double transfer rules would Porter go follow his brother to FSU?

Advertisement
The DB recruiting is horrendous. Can’t have the whole unit be developmental players outside of Brown and Patterson. Need more bodies. And with the double transfer rules would Porter go follow his brother to FSU?

Yeah I have no clue what the depth chart will look like next year for the secondary. The front 4 better get so much pressure that the secondary doesn’t have to do much.

Win at the line and with blitzes to protect the back end

Yeah I have no clue what the depth chart will look like next year for the secondary. The front 4 better get so much pressure that the secondary doesn’t have to do much.

Win at the line and with blitzes to protect the back end
I assume it’s going to be

CB: Porter
CB: Damari
S: Richard
S: Harris

Safety to me is nowhere near solved and us striking out on the top names has been surprising there especially considering both are going pro top 120 picks likely

I assume it’s going to be

CB: Porter
CB: Damari
S: Richard
S: Harris

Safety to me is nowhere near solved and us striking out on the top names has been surprising there especially considering both are going pro top 120 picks likely

If Miami is going to run a 3-3-5 you need more DB’s.

Is couch done or coming back? Who else can play the slot position?

Advertisement
DB recruiting is a crime. We have to get rid of Addae. He has had multiple classes to step up. Raymond is out there. U make the move and go big for 2025.

Stinks. Buddy seemed to have strung some folks along pretty well. Should have had other options.

Advertisement
Never trust kids from that area. Said it for months all while Miami “felt good” he was a silent.

Better hit the portal cause I didn’t see difference markers on this roster in the secondary outside of Brown.

Secondary recruiting has been lackluster. You have both starting safeties leaving for the nfl and you knew it and couldn’t land a ready to play safety. You got Patterson who is elite but more of an in the box guy and and transfer from Vandy.

Wtf has Guidry and Addea been doing? Questions at CB also.
Tough part is, while the secondary had its moments where it got lit up, they played really well last year given who was out there

Porter was awesome. Couch was Couch but Guidry found a way to have him make an impact. Davis is a limited kid but he had some good moments.

If we got some actual elite talent back there it would be dangerous

This 2024 class is heavy af on the evals so it remains to be seen how that plays out

If Miami is going to run a 3-3-5 you need more DB’s.

Is couch done or coming back? Who else can play the slot position?
I know they like Stafford, but again I’m very against trotting out unproven guys with no backup plan. I’m not saying don’t play them, but we should bring in another DB imo. At worst, he competes against stafford or anyone else in camp, just like we’re doing at OL bringing guys in or at DT bringing guys in. If it were up to me, two corners - one slot and one boundary.

Safety I think they will add a guy or two, but if it’s one guy, he needs to be a starting-quality guy. Not depth.

Advertisement
We've recruited like crap at DB for years, and did anyone think out secondary was a huge weakness this year? I certainly didn't.

Porter and Brown would form one of best CB tandems In the ACC.

Patterson is the #2 safety in the class behind Bolden. I don't want to start him in 2024, Riley helps here.

We need to keep improving talent and athleticism in the backend, but some here are going overboard imo.

Tough part is, while the secondary had its moments where it got lit up, they played really well last year given who was out there

Porter was awesome. Couch was Couch but Guidry found a way to have him make an impact. Davis is a limited kid but he had some good moments.

If we got some actual elite talent back there it would be dangerous

This 2024 class is heavy af on the evals so it remains to be seen how that plays out

Need to get a transfer CB

Jeez, Addae stinks

Can we get a real DB coach or at least a top recruiter and CB coach and let Guidry handle the safties

Advertisement
Need to get a transfer CB
Hopefully a lot better than Brown was last year. Transfers are tough. I remember people ****ting all over Porter for a while but he emerged under Guidry. Then you had Brown.

Stating the obvious but our recruiting in high school just has to change the SEC has been raiding us for CBs in our backyard for too long

Safeties: Jaden Harris, Markeith, Savion Riley, Kaleb Spencer, Zaquan. Need one more guy from the portal who as of now its going to be the WVU guy from Polk county.

CB's: DPJ, Damari, Jadais, Stafford, Freeney, Mack and Day (day should be moved to FS from the moment he steps on campus).

Should get one CB from the portal imo. Next year you will have to go portal heavy for DB's and DL again. Need to fix the DB recruiting to make it sustainable can't rely on the portal for that room just look at what happened to LSU this year.

DB recruiting is so tough. Unless you’re able to land a Pat Peterson or Pat Surtain type, you need good development and coaching. For their faults in recruiting we do seem to have that in Rumph and Addae. Guess we’ll have to get the SOFL 3 stars and low 4 stars and hope they can coach them up 🤷🏻‍♂️

We've recruited like crap at DB for years, and did anyone think out secondary was a huge weakness this year? I certainly didn't.

Porter and Brown would form one of best CB tandems In the ACC.

Patterson is the #2 safety in the class behind Bolden. I don't want to start him in 2024, Riley helps here.

We need to keep improving talent and athleticism in the backend, but some here are going overboard imo.
I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom, but say we land Ward at QB…I mean this team should win 10 games. It would be an absolute failure not to.

Now under the assumption we land a program-changing QB like Ward (and I still think we will shortly), now you start looking at weaknesses elsewhere. We’ve addressed the DT issue so far with Burroughs (maybe?), Cook, Clark, Scott and the other freshmen. If we can snag Allston from Marshall, now we’ve got three beast edge guys in Mesidor, Bain and Allston + Wayne, Lightfoot, Kelly, etc.

D-Line has been properly addressed. LBs have a lot of youth, I’d like to add one more to replace the veteran leadership of Cloyd/Flagg…but someone from the ‘23 class will have to step up.

Secondary was volatile at times, and I just don’t think there’s any depth there. It’s Brown and Porter at DB with nothing after that. All either unproven, true freshman, or the older Brown. Absolutely need DBs and I think Mario realizes that, hence him mentioning it recently. That’s our main weakness right now.

Advertisement
Back