2024 DB Zavier Mincey

…and Have I been saying something different? Lol
Now Streaming Dule Hill GIF by PeacockTV

Advertisement
Because I would argue early returns of the Cristobal/Highsmith era are showing they evaluate lower ranked kids better.

Whether star whores want to agree or not, there are still ace talent evaluator coaches out there that evaluate better than rivals and 247 writers.
This may ultimately end up right, and I would bet that it does. But until there are more wins and more draft picks, it is purely speculative, and people drinking the practice report koolaid, skeeter. As was pointed out earlier, the recruiting class rankings (if 24 holds) are shaking out very similar for the staffs, lets see in a couple seasons how the w/l and pro count looks.

That's why for the time being (aka this entire summer stretch and now into the fall) I don't pay attention to most predictions on this board. It's mostly fluff for nothing. Our staff clearly has a poor sense this cycle (so far) of how "close" these kids are to popping or if they even lead.

We look like idiots every time we do this, and it's happened at least six or seven times this cycle. So I'm done falling for it until big fish land in the boat and I have a reason to actually believe a real run of blue-chip commits is coming.
How do u know if the staff has a poor sense? Did someone on the staff tell u dat so & so was going to commit in a certain date at a certain time? If not then don’t blame it on the staff. As far as insiders go, they’re just giving us “FREE” info that they heard from their sources. Ur the one getting ur hopes up. All they did was tell I what Dey heard. **** changes daily. Either take the info & wait for sun to happen or just ignore it big dawg! Don’t let dis **** determine ur day & run ur life Gangsta. **** changes everyday B! U can handle it (BIG PAUSE)! U tuff right! BIG BIG PAUSE! Go Canes

How do u know if the staff has a poor sense? Did someone on the staff tell u dat so & so was going to commit in a certain date at a certain time? If not then don’t blame it on the staff. As far as insiders go, they’re just giving us “FREE” info that they heard from their sources. Ur the one getting ur hopes up. All they did was tell I what Dey heard. **** changes daily. Either take the info & wait for sun to happen or just ignore it big dawg! Don’t let dis **** determine ur day & run ur life Gangsta. **** changes everyday B! U can handle it (BIG PAUSE)! U tuff right! BIG BIG PAUSE! Go Canes
Staff has thought they stood in better positions with a number of recruits. if you don’t believe it ask
👇

1692061228816.gif

Advertisement
As a development guy that can play either guard or tackle….but they have to 4 star tackles in the class and Helton is listed at 270 on one site and 285 on the others
Who are the 2 4 star tackles.

The african kid from CALI isnt all that though may be the high ranking one you speak of. Hylton film is better than his.

Advertisement
This may ultimately end up right, and I would bet that it does. But until there are more wins and more draft picks, it is purely speculative, and people drinking the practice report koolaid, skeeter. As was pointed out earlier, the recruiting class rankings (if 24 holds) are shaking out very similar for the staffs, lets see in a couple seasons how the w/l and pro count looks.

I would agree ultimately yes

I’m just saying…arnez cooper for instance flashed for a freshman with some bad weight still on him…Colbie Young? I mean that was a moster find. and I think there is enough scrimmage tape and the right people noticing that Emory Williams is going to at least compete for a starting job one day (basically outplaying his rank)

We’ve already seen some of our 3*s this cycle drift upward in ranking but you (or whover made the rankings comparison) are also using final class ranking for the prev coaches. It’s August so that isn’t available to us just yet and the trajectory of some of these kids is more likely to continue than not.

But i agree I’m fine with waiting but I’m definitely leaning towards this evaluation trend to be a real thing.

Advertisement
I would agree ultimately yes

I’m just saying…arnez cooper for instance flashed for a freshman with some bad weight still on him…Colbie Young? I mean that was a moster find. and I think there is enough scrimmage tape and the right people noticing that Emory Williams is going to at least compete for a starting job one day (basically outplaying his rank)

We’ve already seen some of our 3*s this cycle drift upward in ranking but you (or whover made the rankings comparison) are also using final class ranking for the prev coaches. It’s August so that isn’t available to us just yet and the trajectory of some of these kids is more likely to continue than not.

But i agree I’m fine with waiting but I’m definitely leaning towards this evaluation trend to be a real thing.
Yeah, you have to wait until the dust settles. I firmly believe Pruitt shoots up the rankings as an example. That said, I also believe people jump the gun on anybody that shows any flashes and crowns them. Let’s see how Cooper and Young develop first. I remember when JHH flashed and people were crowning him an NFL talent and 1st round potential.

Advertisement
Much like I said when we flipped Rudolph how I want to see a Michigan and/or a Pitt offer on my DEs

I like seeing the FSU offer on the OL - Atkins is as good as anyone including Mario and Mirabal identifying and developing the OL.

I do somewhat questioned their take on Helton and somewhat even the Cali kid. Daniels is a stud.

I'd take Broussard 100% of the time over Helton and Jayden Todd, though. Frame, size, athleticism, etc. He just looks better now and should project better.

Also, recruiting rankings completely go out the window on the OL a high % of the time once you get out of the top 10 or so guys. Elite evaluators still only bat maybe .500 on hitting the guys they're taking. Mirabal and Mario, Atkins, Pittman, Kapilovich at Mich State, etc. included in that. Recruiting services haven't figured out the formula for projecting the OL. Mario and Mirabal seem to bet on size, knee/ankle bend, and then athleticism. That is what they want. I don't know the other's strategies.

If we're taking an OL, I trust it. I don't care where they're rated. I'd tell you the same thing about Partridge and Narduzzi taking a DL, Hartley taking a TE, Saban taking a DB, etc.

Advertisement
Back