2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Yeah, you have to wait until the dust settles. I firmly believe Pruitt shoots up the rankings as an example. That said, I also believe people jump the gun on anybody that shows any flashes and crowns them. Let’s see how Cooper and Young develop first. I remember when JHH flashed and people were crowning him an NFL talent and 1st round potential.
Yup agree….both sides are guilty

But I would argue Colbie Young, for where he was ranked and basically coming out of nowhere, has already "developed" long past what anyone thought.

Advertisement
Much like I said when we flipped Rudolph how I want to see a Michigan and/or a Pitt offer on my DEs

I like seeing the FSU offer on the OL - Atkins is as good as anyone including Mario and Mirabal identifying and developing the OL.

Best identifier yet hasn’t identified 1 NFL OL in a decade of D1 coaching? Don’t be nice to this guy.

Best identifier yet hasn’t identified 1 NFL OL in a decade of D1 coaching? Don’t be nice to this guy.
He's bounced around too much to identify, recruit, develop, and have a guy drafted all on his own. So of course that's the case.

Clemson won 2 national championships with 1 OL on either roster drafted - and he didn't play in either season that they won it.

Atkins has been at the G5 level most of his career and then took over the worst OL I've ever seen at the P5 level when he got to FSU. I respect his work. He's basically carried a top 25 rushing offense everywhere he's been or taken teams from the 100s to jump 60-70 spots immediately.

And he's about to put out 2-3 draft picks in coming classes. I'm just trying to say that Broussard getting an official offer from FSU is a good sign. Both fan bases are ****ting on eachother for taking unranked/3 star kids on the OL but both OL coaches are proven enough to do it and get away with it. I expect nothing different this year. Mirabal almost exclusively (aside from Sewell) has late rounders and UDFA on his resume. But his lines are always good and he carries a good running game everywhere he goes.

When you’re on here doing this…
View attachment 251081

…and threatening receipts when someone doesn’t agree, that’s what people are going to respond with when it doesn’t work out which is why it’s better for all to just not approach things that way.
@RVACane going in hard y sin vaselina…with a little bit of sand added on the tip to make it hurt just a little more. Savage!

He's bounced around too much to identify, recruit, develop, and have a guy drafted all on his own. So of course that's the case.

Clemson won 2 national championships with 1 OL on either roster drafted - and he didn't play in either season that they won it.

Atkins has been at the G5 level most of his career and then took over the worst OL I've ever seen at the P5 level when he got to FSU. I respect his work. He's basically carried a top 25 rushing offense everywhere he's been or taken teams from the 100s to jump 60-70 spots immediately.

And he's about to put out 2-3 draft picks in coming classes. I'm just trying to say that Broussard getting an official offer from FSU is a good sign. Both fan bases are ****ting on eachother for taking unranked/3 star kids on the OL but both OL coaches are proven enough to do it and get away with it. I expect nothing different this year. Mirabal almost exclusively (aside from Sewell) has late rounders and UDFA on his resume. But his lines are always good and he carries a good running game everywhere he goes.
They’re not trying to build NFL lines, they’re trying to build lines for College Football. This post is spot on.

Advertisement
FSU has recruited him as a OT all cycle he was always one of the top tackles on their board
He would be a center here.

He has a 89 3 star..the top is what i usually go by though his composite says 4 star.

I think he is a solid prospect.

FSU has a Tackle commit with similar offers to our center commit Nino Brown. Daniels to me is the best take i dont like anything else committed including the 4star cali kid who i would take our tackles over.

He would be a center here.

He has a 89 3 star..the top is what i usually go by though his composite says 4 star.

I think he is a solid prospect.

FSU has a Tackle commit with similar offers to our center commit Nino Brown. Daniels to me is the best take i dont like anything else committed including the 4star cali kid who i would take our tackles over.
Ya I remember Gabby saying UM had backed off the Cali kid and was going another route. He is friends with Collins A and rumor was would have definitely been serious about UM…It was UM who backed off. So seems Mirabal/CMC agrees with ya

Much like I said when we flipped Rudolph how I want to see a Michigan and/or a Pitt offer on my DEs

I like seeing the FSU offer on the OL - Atkins is as good as anyone including Mario and Mirabal identifying and developing the OL.

I do somewhat questioned their take on Helton and somewhat even the Cali kid. Daniels is a stud.

I'd take Broussard 100% of the time over Helton and Jayden Todd, though. Frame, size, athleticism, etc. He just looks better now and should project better.

Also, recruiting rankings completely go out the window on the OL a high % of the time once you get out of the top 10 or so guys. Elite evaluators still only bat maybe .500 on hitting the guys they're taking. Mirabal and Mario, Atkins, Pittman, Kapilovich at Mich State, etc. included in that. Recruiting services haven't figured out the formula for projecting the OL. Mario and Mirabal seem to bet on size, knee/ankle bend, and then athleticism. That is what they want. I don't know the other's strategies.

If we're taking an OL, I trust it. I don't care where they're rated. I'd tell you the same thing about Partridge and Narduzzi taking a DL, Hartley taking a TE, Saban taking a DB, etc.
It would be an interesting tactic to recruit guys based on the elite evaluators who offer them (especially when it’s not saban). Specifically when they are under the radar / not highly recruited.

@DMoney from the 8/15 Bank

There is mutual interest between Miami and CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and, as reported last month, the UF crystal balls were way premature. However, the rumors of his imminent commitment did not come from Miami. They are continuing to work here.

Video Comments
  • Never as far along as Internet rumors said
  • Miami has made a positive move

Advertisement
@RVACane going in hard y sin vaselina…with a little bit of sand added on the tip to make it hurt just a little more. Savage!
I smell ya! BIG PAUSE!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Mirabal’s late round and UDFA guys (Shane Lemiuex, Calvin Throckmorton, Alex Forsyth, Laulu) from Oregon have done a good sticking around the league. That’s why I don’t mind the Minaya and Nico takes. Mirabal has the track record.

Atkins is a real good OL coach and recruiter. Will be nice when he leaves FSU after this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back