2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Yes look at the actual (quality of) players being brought in. It’s a clear cut improvement. In fact this class is basically on par or better than like every class under Diaz/Richt but people don’t wanna hear that. Diaz did well in the portal. Richt had to turn around the Golden failure.
To be fair we don't know if they're better yet. I think they will be, but they'll have to show it on the field.

Advertisement
Hand up, my b.
I always fall for the bait, I can’t help it 😂
It’s all good my guy. It’s a recruiting board and we don’t have a ton to talk about so it’s natural

We all know we gotta do better. As many guys as we’ve whiffed on I think recruiting is still going to be exciting for a lot of big name prospects

The summer hasn’t gone according to plan but man stuff changes quickly in recruiting

Will crown if he doesnt have the attrittion of the other 2 and develops better which im expecting.

Its to early to tell..last year was my least favorite cane football szn of my adult life easily. We will see the fruits after next year imo...he'll have all of his guys essentially..**** i think he almost has that now with the attrition.
Yep, well said. Think most of us are in wait and see mode. Just hate this whole “it’s definitely better now than before”

We all hope it’s different this time, but we don’t know it until it comes to fruition. Until then all we got is rankings and past data.

Yep, well said. Think most of us are in wait and see mode. Just hate this whole “it’s definitely better now than before”

We all hope it’s different this time, but we don’t know it until it comes to fruition. Until then all we got is rankings and past data.
Yeah and let’s be honest it will be a few years

Like that class Manny had ranked #11 my man….just take a look at the train wreck that class is now. Woof.

2008 Richts top class it’s more of the same stuff. Just really disheartening.

We will see how Mario’s 23 class stacks up to those but we were all feeling pretty great with those classes and it just didn’t work out

GIF by Groundhog Day

Advertisement
Everyone’s rebuttal to the class averages being close is “look at the players man, it’s different”like we haven’t heard that for the past 15 years!

There’s a reason DMoney printed out “Greentree All-American” on hoodies. Stop talking about hypotheticals that aren’t definite.

We all LOVED Lingard, Nesta, Jeff Thomas, Donaldson, N’Kosi… etc. List goes on… until it came time to actually be that guy.
The 2008, 2012 and 2018 class all had some believers at some point then inevitably 5 or 6 years down the line they get called out for all the busts. Seems like every coach has atleast 1 class Manny’s class was 2021. Hopefully Mario stacks more then 2023.

Will crown if he doesnt have the attrittion of the other 2 and develops better which im expecting.

Its to early to tell..last year was my least favorite cane football szn of my adult life easily. We will see the fruits after next year imo...he'll have all of his guys essentially..**** i think he almost has that now with the attrition.
No - thats unacceptable, its my money and I need it NOW!

Do you sit around all day trying to think of new ways to argue with every poster on this board, over anything? No one on this board comes close to the breadth of battles you take on.

I say this in part because I get constant complaints about thread-derailing.
So then how exactly did I derailed this thread? I stay on subject and don’t take arguments/“beefs” outside those threads lol.

Y’all don’t have to like me or my opinions. I have never been a troll and I don’t ***** to you mods when others attack me. Nor do I block/ignore anyone cause I don’t have thin skin. Maybe y’all should pay less attention to who is constantly complaining to y’all and maybe look at how that is severely starting to bias you. Some people just dont go running to the police. Doesn’t mean the ones who do are the majority viewpoint…or broke any rules more than the next poster on here

Advertisement
To be honest if we are recruiting off of evals as opposed to stars and Zo and Mario think these guys are better than guys ranked better than others so be and I can live with that.
But don’t come with the BS that this will be the #1 DL in the country then come with a bunch of guys that are 3 stars even if you’ve evaluated them and think they’re the second coming of Ted Hendricks and Warren Sapp.Don’t throw the Greatest mantra out there giving fans undo expectations especially since Mario is supposedly some recruiting savant that recruits at a level not many others are on.

I’m good with going with kids that are 3 stars if they were evaluated and look better than their ranking after all teams like Utah and TCU have done this forever.I think all the hoopla caused all the ruckus from the promise of The greatest DL ever as opposed to who we actually have and will sign..jmo.

Advertisement
So then if do land Jeremiah Smith everyone will shut up about Our Recruiting under Mario forever?

… Sounds like we gotta just win this year and have a good offense and gameplan for future QB. I think we will. TBD whether we can convince Smith he’ll have a good QB for him.
Listen To Me GIF by PENNYWORTH

Advertisement
Sure, and I agree with your take 1000%.

Except I will never argue my own hypotheticals against factual information, especially when said theory is just that.

The fact is unless Mario surges into top 10 (unlikely right now) and flips some really good players… his first three classes will be on par with last two, not exactly “definitely improved recruiting”.

I disagree. We are talking about upgrading talent…not a number from a website

To be fair we don't know if they're better yet. I think they will be, but they'll have to show it on the field.
Ultimately yes I agree. But if anyone is going to use 247 recruiting ratings as the evidence, when it shows that our average team ranking we are ahead, and in average player rating we are clearly ahead, that would fall under “Definitively better” as of right now - even including how the 24 class stands today.

Advertisement
Back