DB rules - What?

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
At some point, would love to hear what we’re teaching our Corners. Guys are visibly *sitting down* in a zone after a WR has gone vertical in their zone for like 12-15 yards? On other plays guys are continuously dropping despite a clear cut 3rd and 9 pattern to the sticks.

As for the confusing sitting down on deep routes, who the **** is the Unicorn Safety who can get over the top of that vertical route? Do we simply refuse to match up regardless of distances crossed? I’m half joking, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen multiple times in a game.

I mean, at the Junior High level, you’re taught some exchange and pattern-match rules. What’s going on here?

Today’s defensive game (to say nothing of the offense) had the vibe of a mid-level HS game. I said off the board I’ve seen more intensity and focus from HS games I’ve watched.

Advertisement
At some point, would love to hear what we’re teaching our Corners. Guys are visibly *sitting down* in a zone after a WR has gone vertical in their zone for like 12-15 yards? On other plays guys are continuously dropping despite a clear cut 3rd and 9 pattern to the sticks.

As for the confusing sitting down on deep routes, who the **** is the Unicorn Safety who can get over the top of that vertical route? Do we simply refuse to match up regardless of distances crossed? I’m half joking, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen that happen multiple times in a game.

I mean, at the Junior High level, you’re taught some exchange and pattern-match rules. What’s going o

Today’s defensive game (to say nothing of the offense) had the vibe of a mid-level HS game. I said off the board I’ve seen more intensity and focus from HS games I’ve watched.
Rump isn’t a good recruiter but he’s good at coaching.😂

Advertisement

I mean, at the Junior High level, you’re taught some exchange and pattern-match rules. What’s going o

I don't get it, man.

We sink on 3rd & 11 and give the an easy comeback at the sticks.

Then we bite on a rollout on 3rd & 17.

Just mentally unfocused.

I mean, at the Junior High level, you’re taught some exchange and pattern-match rules. What’s going on here?

I don’t get it. That 3rd and 10 play to 98 on Ivey was just pitch and catch for and first. Not only was Ivey soft, he started back peddling like crazy once 98 got 5 yards upfield. Was Ivey playing halves and protecting the deep ball? Why are so protective of the deep ball against teams with mediocre QBs? I have to think there’s a reason - I’m not Xs and Os guys but it’s baffling.

Advertisement

After six years of running this system, if you can’t get every single player to understand how to play 2-read aka Palms aka Cover Blue then you shouldn’t be coaching this level.

Advertisement
I don’t get it. That 3rd and 10 play to 98 on Ivey was just pitch and catch for and first. Not only was Ivey soft, he started back peddling like crazy once 98 got 5 yards upfield. Was Ivey playing halves and protecting the deep ball? Why are so protective of the deep ball against teams with mediocre QBs? I have to think there’s a reason - I’m not Xs and Os guys but it’s baffling.

They are scared sh*tless of their slow cbs. Ivey being the main one.

Another thing i laugh about is the thought of Rumph being some hellafied cb whisperer/coach. His starting guys are clueless half the **** time. I have no idea what Blades was doing or attempting to do on his big play give up...But thats consistent where we see are corners are late to gettng set or leaveing their man open.

Ive just come to realize we are essentially running a lil more agressive No DFrio Bend but dont break defense and they are happy with that and hoping the other team messes up or gets behind the sticks.

Advertisement
After six years of running this system, if you can’t get every single player to understand how to play 2-read aka Palms aka Cover Blue then you shouldn’t be coaching this level.
I realize we had Corn Elder and GT Colbert, but it somehow looked cleaner at the beginning of the system. I’m not sure what is mentally happening out there on some of these. I also said off the board I think our DBs talk to the opponent’s sidelines more than they talk to each other.

I realize we had Corn Elder and GT Colbert, but it somehow looked cleaner at the beginning of the system. I’m not sure what is mentally happening out there on some of these. I also said off the board I think our DBs talk to the opponent’s sidelines more than they talk to each other.
When Manny was in charge, we were sharp. Maybe the new crop of players arent as bright or focused as Elder, Colbert, Jaquan, MJ, etc.

Advertisement
Back