Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lmao. I have never seen a bigger blind homer. Elder, Bandy and Colbert were all 4 star kids coming out of high school and they were jags? And Rumph the best in CFB? Lmaoooooooooooo. Guys like Kerry Coombs, Corey Raymond, Mel Tucker, Travaris Robinson and Jimmy Lake are just a few that **** on Rumph. It's one thing to be a fan, it's another to be so blind and dumb that you can't even be obejctive.

Mel Tucker. Lmfao.

Forget coaches for now. I thInk our recruiting strategy should be as follows assuming we take 3 cbs and 3 safeties:

Lock down Good and Brownlee at cb. Keep the last spot open for Davis, Steele, Dixon, or Blades.

Lock down Logan and Smith at safety. Keep the last spot open for Stevenson, Gant or Battle.

Advertisement
A kid rumph coached since before he can tie his shoes..chose Mel Tucker over rumph to get him to the next level. Mel ***n Tucker. Y'all need to chill out with calling people the best in the biz. Also the only people that was downing Michael Jackson was folks who didn't know football...jackosn was in the rotation from he step foot on campus. Me and dmoney was praising the kid from the jump.
Rumph is a solid cb coach learning on the job and developing. Let him develop..that resume ain't nothing to write home about right now. It can be with better recruiting by him

Advertisement
A kid rumph coached since before he can tie his shoes..chose Mel Tucker over rumph to get him to the next level. Mel ***n Tucker. Y'all need to chill out with calling people the best in the biz. Also the only people that was downing Michael Jackson was folks who didn't know football...jackosn was in the rotation from he step foot on campus. Me and dmoney was praising the kid from the jump.
Rumph is a solid cb coach learning on the job and developing. Let him develop..that resume ain't nothing to write home about right now. It can be with better recruiting by him

lol Tyson Campbell took a shi%%load of bags from UGA. That's a retarded point you're making.

lol Tyson Campbell took a shi%%load of bags from UGA. That's a retarded point you're making.

He took bags and Rumph ain't out it yet?. Aww man..lol. If he was in the bag game why even recruit him till the end since we don't apparently drop bags?. Why didn't even have a contingency plan for jobe, surtain, campbell and all the bag grabbers?.

He took bags and Rumph ain't out it yet?. Aww man..lol. If he was in the bag game why even recruit him till the end since we don't apparently drop bags?. Why didn't even have a contingency plan for jobe, surtain, campbell and all the bag grabbers?.

Contingency plans? The ****? Why would we need contingency plans when we already had FOUR CBs committed. Campbell was just icing on the cake. He was never a must have kid. We gave it our best shot and when he took da bags, we closed up shop.

Advertisement
Im curious here. Now sticking to the fact were talking about coaching (meaning recruiting has zero to do with it) what exactly makes you say all of these other coaches **** on mike? Mike has developed every kid weve brought in to a set standard. U mention adrian and say the whole 4 star thing. Well adrian is my lil bruh. #1 he was mainly a safety at texas. #2 he had washed out at texas for numerous reasons and wouldnt have had a prayer at an nfl career before here. #3 **** tell you himself he owes EVERYTHING to mike and his season of teachings. He loves the man to death. If you question him than why do you not look at corn under paul williams? He was average at best. How bout mike jackson? He was someone all of us wished wouldve transfered out. He had potential but no clue how to tap in to it. Now look at him. Talking bad about malek i wont even justify. Its absurd. He def was developing into a high caliber player. Im not saying hes the best or anything similar. But its absurd how much our supposed own fans like to **** on him.

Can't get enough Brooklyn in this house!

tenor (2).gif

Essentially, you're bashing Rumph for only having been a college coach for 2 years.

And you also seem to not understand there's a difference between the guys he's developed,and the 5* the coaches have at LSU, Bama, FSU, etc.

You're too invested in hating Miami and Rumph. What is he supposed to do? He can't just add 15 years to his resume. His development of talent over the past 2 years can be put up there against any coach. Corey Raymond, who you love, sure did a great job with Kevin Toliver and Savion Smith

First off, show me again where I hated on Miami and Rumph? Oh ****, you can't. Because I state the obvious and facts, which he is nowhere near the best in the biz, the nut huggers like yourself and Lexigirl get their panties in a bunch. I don't live in a fantasy world like you dudes do who think everything Miami is the best simply because you're a fan. And than dopes like you like to try and clown on people who are objective and keep **** real.

And genius, Rumph being on the job 2 years, and not being on it 15 years is indeed another reason why you can't say some asinine **** like he is the best in the biz. Did you catch the part where I said let's revisit this topic in 5 years to see what he has accompished by than? Or how about where I said Rumph has proven to be a good coach? Nah, you didn't. Because it doesn't fit your and Lexigirl's agenda of saying I am anti-Miami and Rumph.

And Rumph turning guys into a 7th rounder and 4th rounder sure makes him the best in the biz. Yup, he took a 4 star, Mr. Tennessee and already going to be drafted Elder and made him a 4th rounder. That sure as **** sounds like best in the biz. To this point he has Colbert to his name, which he turned from an undrafted kid into just getting drafted in the 7th. Yup, those are clearly qualifilying accolades to be called best in the best biz.

Like I said, this can be revisited in 5 years, but to say he is the best in the biz or anywhere near that right now is laughable and shows just how much of BLIND HOMERS you and Lexigirl are

Last edited:
Geta, I say this respectfully because of who you are and what you bring to the board. I always read your opinions with respect. Rumph has done great the last 2 year's but you're right in that he doesn't have the longevity at this level to show a 20 year track record. Doesn't make him possibly as good or better than these guys but they have the longer track record and can show it like you said.

I know you don't agree that Rumph may be doing just as well or better than these guys because you have said he was an optimist coach within this decade and then in HS for a few years. I think Rumph will be more like Kul over time in that he can coach and will need help in recruiting. One difference from what I can see is that Rumph tries to recruit. He will get better. Kul just didn't give a shît.

As for bags and reporting it, I'm not commenting on the veracity of whether or not a particular recruit got paid as I don't know that personally or from a good source but if he got paid, I doubt UM coaches would run to the NCAA and rat them out...and if it was Bama, it wouldn't even matter with Emmert in there.

The backlash for turning snitch amongst future recruits would be, IMO, detrimental to our recruiting and I wouldn't want Rumph or UM to be the snitch.

Now, if information comes to the NCAA through a federal investigation started by, let's say, a reporter, and Congress gets involved, then great. That would be ideal. JMO

Advertisement
Contingency plans? The ****? Why would we need contingency plans when we already had FOUR CBs committed. Campbell was just icing on the cake. He was never a must have kid. We gave it our best shot and when he took da bags, we closed up shop.

Everything you wrote is false.

Mel Tucker. Lmfao.

Let's see.

Mel Tucker

1997–1998 Michigan State (GA)
1999 Miami (OH) (DB)
2000 LSU (DB)
2001–2003 Ohio State (DB)
2004 Ohio State (Co-DC)
2005–2007 Cleveland Browns (DB)
2008 Cleveland Browns (DC)
2009–2011 Jacksonville Jaguars (DC)
2011 Jacksonville Jaguars (interim HC)
2012 Jacksonville Jaguars(AHC/DC)
2013–2014 Chicago Bears (DC)
2015 Alabama (AHC/DB)
2016–present Georgia (DC/DB)

"In 2005 Tucker entered the National Football League (NFL) with the Cleveland Browns. He coached defensive backs from 2005–2007 and was promoted to defensive coordinator in the 2008 season following the firing of Todd Grantham. Under Tucker, Cleveland consistently ranked fifth in the league, with the defense making 73 interceptions."

For years in the NFL, Mel was considered not only a top coordinator but a head-coaching candidate,” said Ian Rappaport, NFL Network national insider. “He’s been an interim coach in Jacksonville, and really commanded the respect of players. Sharp, diligent, he always got the most out of his guys.”

"In 2009 Tucker was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguarsas the defensive coordinator. In the 2011 seasonhead coach Jack Del Rio put Tucker in charge of defensive play-calling, and the team quickly became the fourth highest rated in the NFL. On November 29, 2011, Tucker was named Jacksonville's interim head coach following the firing of Del Rio. He ran the team for their final five games and was in consideration for the job full-time until Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was named head coach on January 10, 2012."

"He is an outstanding coach all the way around and really does an excellent job in terms of teaching the players,” Saban said when Tucker was hired. “When you look at his college and NFL experience, his resume is very impressive.”

"Tucker was part of a 2017 staff that led the Bulldogs to a record-tying 13 victories, first SEC championship since 2005, first appearance in the College Football Playoff, first appearance (and victory over Oklahoma) in the Rose Bowl CFP semi-final game, and first appearance in the College Football Playoff Championship Game. Georgia’s defense finished second in the SEC and 6th nationally in Scoring Defense (16.4 ppg), 2nd in the SEC and 6th nationally in Total Defense (294.9 ypg), and 2nd in the SEC in Rushing Defense.

Mike Rumph

Before AH - Coached Teeny Boppers
2011-2012 American Heritage High School (DC)
2013-2015 American Heritage High School (HC)
2016-present Miami (FL) (DB)

Hmmm, seems comparable. But again, don't let the facts get in the way here. Let me guess, you simply are "lmfao" based on Mel in Chicago? Another uninformed, clueless poster. But yeah, Rumph is on Tucker's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back