Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna leave it at people really dont understand richt... hes got this image people think of when it comes to him that is SO FAR OFF... the man is a savage! I had respect for the man before because we have mutual acquaintances. But now that ive got to know him i love this man. There is several coaches who could be better for us but we say that because we dont comprehend the network behind these coaches. Coaches are made by their staffs and their networks. The elite coaches arent a possibility for us not only financially but because our network wontbdo the same for saban that bamas will or urbans will or tom hermans etc. Thats why i respect the **** out of the pattersons and d'antonis because they do it right year after year. We had things lined up to close to an omg level last year. What u got to realize though is that the powerhouse programs with deep pockets they have a different level they take it too once they see what position they are really in. We can have whatever kid loving us,giving us a silent etc mid season. But **** changes real quick when these squads start throwing out 6 digits,houses,high paying jobs,cars for everyone etc. We cant match that. For the people who dont comprehend that im sorry but youre not a realist and you dont understand this is a HUGE business. These kids are highly paid employees and just like in all other big business its a war for the sought after youngins. Our staff is beasts. Give them their just due.
@Brooklyndee not sure if it's been asked but how dialed in is the coaching staff to what programs/kids are involved in bags, and how much of that knowledge goes into their evaluations/recruiting strategy? Do they have or are they developing a plan to recruit with such a competitive disadvantage? Just want to be able to remain somewhat optimistc.

Advertisement
I dislike comments like this. Bandy, Colbert, and Young were all 4* and had offers from all over at one point or another. He definitely deserves credit for Corn, Colbert, and Mike as we haven't seen consistent DB play like that in a while. Bandy is just a sophomore and while he played well last year, it's too early to talk about NFL. Young was a decent CFB CB, wouldn't say he was NFL caliber.

Lies. lol.

Young was a 3 star kid that no one cared about...Trayvon Mullen was the kid everyone wanted from that school. Youngwas an ALL ACC type as a true SO, he was easily on track to be an NFL pick as a SR.

Bandy had offers from NO ONE in Florida until Richt finally said yes. He was about to go to OU cause neither FSU nor UF nor Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc wanted him. He was barely a 4 star kid nowhere NEAR the hype of Surtain and Campbell.

Colbertson was in the garbage bin until Rumph turned him into a star and a 7th round pick. Elder and Jackson speak for themselves.

So easy to trash our coaches by dumb Canes fans who don't even know our own history. NO ONE has had a better track record of developing talent at CB than Rumph.

Recruiting wise, the best a staff can do under these circumstances is be relentless in pursuing the kids at or near the top of the board, sell them on their vision for them at the U, constantly work to strengthen and evolve the brand, strengthen community ties in South Florida, and constantly (and independently) evaluate the incoming talent to make certain they are targeting the best players available to them. Overall, I think our staff gets it.
I’m usually pretty negative when it comes to recruiting top prospects because of bags but you are correct. But besides the staff we as fans also have to rep hard.
We allegedly have over 55k season tix sold so let’s make every game 55 k fans up in that stadium. I dont care if we are playing the Vatican school of the blind at 8am on a Monday. You show up to that game period. We complain about the negative recruiting but bama would fill that stadium in that game. We shouldn’t have to have our head coach on social media asking people to come to game. I live down here and that stupid narrative that we have other things better to do and only show up for big games has to fuuuukking stop!! If you buy sieason tickets show up to the **** games. If you don’t then stop complaining about kids dipping and how rumph can’t recruit. I better see just as many FSU fans as I did for the ****** tech and Notre lame games. Which was barely any. If I know you have season tix and you’re in my section and I see an FSU fan in your seat on game day then fugg you in advance you sell out mf’er!!!

@Brooklyndee not sure if it's been asked but how dialed in is the coaching staff to what programs/kids are involved in bags, and how much of that knowledge goes into their evaluations/recruiting strategy? Do they have or are they developing a plan to recruit with such a competitive disadvantage? Just want to be able to remain somewhat optimistc.
They are relatively well dialed into that. Most kids let it be known thats their interests. Yes there is strategys in place for those sorts of kids. In large part its simply educating some of them that if they are insistent on that it doesnt mean they have to go their. Kids take money all day and still go to different schools. The smart schools dont pay out till you sign. Theres all sorts of conditions to that though from visits,to verbals etc. If they are stupid enough to pay you up front what can they really do to you assuming u cover ur bases without snitching on themselves too.

[

Yup just so many options that can do both...I can understand WHY he thought the Rumph hire would work, I mean if it was 2015/2016 again and I was thinking give me a Broward Country recruiting advantage, Rumph woulda been one of the first names i woulda had in mind too. Banda and Patke are both very puzzling

If they really knew broward..they would have known rumph wasn't plugged in with anything really. He coached at Ah..that was already recruiting kids from everywhere b4 he got there and he got the Back end of the uschool fall out..and Chad Wilson and company brought kids over. Rumph got some west miramar kids in there too he coached like Campbell, etc. But ah flood gateswere already open. He never coached at any other broward schools other than Ah. He was hired to get that haul of prospects in and he was a cane alumni. From the outside it looked like you were getting a "state champ" coach with sfla ties..but he really wasn't plugged in other than at ah. He's developing now though and as he builds a track record ..recruitong for him should become better..though ill never think of him as a good recruiter.

Advertisement
Plenty of great X’s and O’s on our staff. Brown as a rb coach, Dugans at Wr, Rumph at cb, Simpson at dl, Richt at qb and oc, and Diaz at dc. Those are proven teachers.

Dee is saying that when it comes to kids getting the most bags, the only ones we’ll get are the ones that are true Canes in their hearts. Frierson. Blades. Jordan. Lingard. Hall.

I will add to that that we’ll get kids to choose us over the bags through relationships. Getting cooney got us the 3 southridge kids for example.
MY question to @Brooklyndee or @gogeta4 or whoever would know is: Who is the "Cooney" at Central and St. Thomas? Would love to get those guys on the support staff like we did with cooney. St. Thomas getting a joyner from southwest miami or central getting flanagan kids to come there is wild. If they have such a lock on relationships to be able to routinely recruit kids from other local schools to those two schools at the rate they do, they should, like cooney, have the relationships to recruit those same kids to coral gables, in theory. Would love to know who they are and if that would translate to miami.

I’m usually pretty negative when it comes to recruiting top prospects because of bags but you are correct. But besides the staff we as fans also have to rep hard.
We allegedly have over 55k season tix sold so let’s make every game 55 k fans up in that stadium. I dont care if we are playing the Vatican school of the blind at 8am on a Monday. You show up to that game period. We complain about the negative recruiting but bama would fill that stadium in that game. We shouldn’t have to have our head coach on social media asking people to come to game. I live down here and that stupid narrative that we have other things better to do and only show up for big games has to fuuuukking stop!! If you buy sieason tickets show up to the **** games. If you don’t then stop complaining about kids dipping and how rumph can’t recruit. I better see just as many FSU fans as I did for the ****** tech and Notre lame games. Which was barely any. If I know you have season tix and you’re in my section and I see an FSU fan in your seat on game day then fugg you in advance you sell out mf’er!!!
****, I'd show up to see the Vatican School of the Blind play just for the Vatican School of the Blind.

Im gonna leave it at people really dont understand richt... hes got this image people think of when it comes to him that is SO FAR OFF... the man is a savage! I had respect for the man before because we have mutual acquaintances. But now that ive got to know him i love this man. There is several coaches who could be better for us but we say that because we dont comprehend the network behind these coaches. Coaches are made by their staffs and their networks. The elite coaches arent a possibility for us not only financially but because our network wontbdo the same for saban that bamas will or urbans will or tom hermans etc. Thats why i respect the **** out of the pattersons and d'antonis because they do it right year after year. We had things lined up to close to an omg level last year. What u got to realize though is that the powerhouse programs with deep pockets they have a different level they take it too once they see what position they are really in. We can have whatever kid loving us,giving us a silent etc mid season. But **** changes real quick when these squads start throwing out 6 digits,houses,high paying jobs,cars for everyone etc. We cant match that. For the people who dont comprehend that im sorry but youre not a realist and you dont understand this is a HUGE business. These kids are highly paid employees and just like in all other big business its a war for the sought after youngins. Our staff is beasts. Give them their just due.

I really think if Richt can get our QB situation fixed, he can have a tom Osborne like finish to his career(yeah, I have my orange-and-green glasses on, admittedly) but I can see this coming together. The roster upgrades in just three classes(really two where he had a full cycle to recruit) is pretty remarkable

You look at Richt''s trophy case he has everything except one thing - a chip. And I dont think for one second he doesn't think about this or comprehend what this means for his legacy. If you look at his time at UGA, if they had the current playoff system he would've made it 3 or 4 times, and in 2007 and 2012 he had teams that were no worse than top two or three. He just caught some bad breaks.

This will be his last job, he knows this. It can actually work to Miami's advantage

.....But besides the staff we as fans also have to rep hard.
We allegedly have over 55k season tix sold so let’s make every game 55 k fans up in that stadium. ...... I better see just as many FSU fans as I did for the ****** tech and Notre lame games. Which was barely any. If I know you have season tix and you’re in my section and I see an FSU fan in your seat on game day then fugg you in advance you sell out mf’er!!!

This X 1,000

You deserve to be dropped the next time your seen

Advertisement
MY question to @Brooklyndee or @gogeta4 or whoever would know is: Who is the "Cooney" at Central and St. Thomas? Would love to get those guys on the support staff like we did with cooney. St. Thomas getting a joyner from southwest miami or central getting flanagan kids to come there is wild. If they have such a lock on relationships to be able to routinely recruit kids from other local schools to those two schools at the rate they do, they should, like cooney, have the relationships to recruit those same kids to coral gables, in theory. Would love to know who they are and if that would translate to miami.
The things is with central and sta its similar to what we need to get to. It's win and they will come. Central hc is um alumni, at sta were plugged in..they also have the twan Russel around more um alumni. I rather keep those guys in place at pipeline schools.

Lies. lol.

Young was a 3 star kid that no one cared about...Trayvon Mullen was the kid everyone wanted from that school. Youngwas an ALL ACC type as a true SO, he was easily on track to be an NFL pick as a SR.

Bandy had offers from NO ONE in Florida until Richt finally said yes. He was about to go to OU cause neither FSU nor UF nor Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc wanted him. He was barely a 4 star kid nowhere NEAR the hype of Surtain and Campbell.

Colbertson was in the garbage bin until Rumph turned him into a star and a 7th round pick. Elder and Jackson speak for themselves.

So easy to trash our coaches by dumb Canes fans who don't even know our own history. NO ONE has had a better track record of developing talent at CB than Rumph.

The fact that you have to include "type" to describe Malek proves my point. Was he or was he not All ACC is what matters. He was a solid CB at best here. Not in the same category as Corn or Artie.

Dont want to make this too much about the players but Rumph isnt the best teacher. He does a good job no doubt but the #1 guy?

please shut the F**K UP about Butch Davis.....this thread literally has nothing to do with him.
I just asked one question specifically to dee and he answered thats all I need. Im pretty sure we dont land Tyrique especially with what Dee said I have no hope maybe like 5% hope

Advertisement
I just asked one question specifically to dee and he answered thats all I need. Im pretty sure we dont land Tyrique especially with what Dee said I have no hope maybe like 5% hope

hasn't Dee said he's positive we land Tyrique? I'm sure he mentioned before that he's on campus all the time

hasn't Dee said he's positive we land Tyrique? I'm sure he mentioned before that he's on campus all the time
Yea but u saw what he said in that big *** paragraph, bama will pay and uga and we cant compete with that. Thats all I have to see to think of course those schools will come on strong late, we may get that verbal but u cant count those cheating ******** out

Advertisement
Yea but u saw what he said in that big *** paragraph, bama will pay and uga and we cant compete with that. Thats all I have to see to think of course those schools will come on strong late, we may get that verbal but u cant count those cheating ******** out

Idk about alabama but I have a bad feeling about Georgia - not even Auburn so much anymore. There were a bunch of pics posted from the Southridge scrimmage this week and he was pretty clearly wearing his Georgia gloves. Not that it means a lot but still. He spent last weekend up there - both he and the mom seemed to enjoy it from his post visit interview on TOS. He said they let him know he is a "priority".

Sometimes I think it is almost a disadvantage being so close. Takes away some of the novelty of the recruiting process. We have to hope he sees the opportunity to play early and advantage of being close for his family and friends to watch him. (supposedly his mom doesn't like to fly - he mentioned that in an interview). And winning won't hurt...

The fact that you have to include "type" to describe Malek proves my point. Was he or was he not All ACC is what matters. He was a solid CB at best here. Not in the same category as Corn or Artie.

Dont want to make this too much about the players but Rumph isnt the best teacher. He does a good job no doubt but the #1 guy?
Malek was well on his way to being as good as Corn if he hadn’t gotten injured.

As for Artie, his physical attributes were off the charts. So no, Malek will never be in the same catagory as Artie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back