Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Fvck those 2 Broward SEC KKK groupie facquits with a red hot spicy rotten Johnsonville brat. I hope they bust like a regular-sized condom on Johnny Depth. Get that arms-length laudatory discussion of those two rats off here.
Back like a SAVAGE

Saying we can't compete with bags and then expecting us to consistently compete with the big boys doesn't make sense if you ask me. The bag game isn't going anywhere. Our guys aren't known as bigtime X's and O's guys, so what am I missing here?
@Brooklyndee
Thats why things are so fluid. What seperates teams beyond the behind the scenes crap is coaching and developement. We have several coaches who ARE elite in that regard. We need to be patient and scope out the kids who are cut from a different cloth or who the majority of the big boys simply dont want. The problem we are starting to experience now is similar to what weve been experiencing with Tennessee. But its with fspew. They have a staff in place now who is all about the booster network. We cant tell a local kid look stay home and be close to ur family etc cause nowhere thats offering you bread gives you that possibility. Now ur getting the bread thanks to willie phaggot and ur only a 7hr drive away. If thats a problem ALL of these schools AND I MEAN ALL will give you and ur people free flights. Its a slow grind but well be fine. Thats the great part about local kids for us. Theres so many that stay undeveloped or underappreciated because of depth or schools etc that with proper developement u can still find a stud. Its not at all that theyre hidden gems or anything of the sort but the big time schools dont want to put in the work. They want u ready as a plug and play. Otherwise u get left behind...

Yea just like people argue that its a win n loss thing and it isnt. It sucks cause it feels like whats the point we cant get plan A guys because of the cheating those other schools do

There is always going to be some plan A guys we miss on, happened even when we were dominating, but I think we are real close to catching up on those other schools. Winning is part of it, as is how you develop your players and how they do in then draft, how much you are on National TV, how much hype you are getting and so on. Golden did immeasurable damage in ALL of those areas, but we are ahead of schedule in getting back. We should have a better season next year both on the field and the draft that will help level the playing field. Those other schools are shook, just look at how the Kevin Harris situation played out.

Lol at “I wanted Butch bc he was savage bc of how he was in the 80s”.... yeah his 1988 routine would’ve gotten us Surtain and TC?? Gtfoh lol plz Jump off a bridge some of u old mfkers are senile
Is all that extra **** really necessary? I agree its not realistic. But brother you aint gotta tear down anyone let alone a fellow canes fan,let alone possibly one of your elders to get ur point across. I get ****ed about something or other too from time to time but we gotta remember to atleast try and respect each other. No reason to do otherwise. Save our hostility for those semenholes or gayturds.

Advertisement
Is all that extra **** really necessary? I agree its not realistic. But brother you aint gotta tear down anyone let alone a fellow canes fan,let alone possibly one of your elders to get ur point across. I get ****ed about something or other too from time to time but we gotta remember to atleast try and respect each other. No reason to do otherwise. Save our hostility for those semenholes or gayturds.
Since I know you...and know who you are...The appreciation is 10 fold....

Advertisement
Ya but this is a couple years worth with Rumph.
The first year that may have been a fair assesment. Since i strongly disagree. People look at him and instantly lock on to ah kids or they think banda is recruiting all of our dbs. No one who wasnt willing to compromise our program wouldve got the ah kids. Also what people dont realize is rumph is involved in **** near all these dbs heavy in the early stages. He weeds out ones he relates with and banda takes over for the others. Reason for that is two fold. Rumph is very involved in x and os. Hes a very technical dude who we are dependent upon in coaching and developing our dbs. Banda although a good dude who relates well with kids,hes limited in his involvement with actual coaching responsibilities (much like lil richt)ill leave it at hes very green with the day to day aspects of being a position coach at any level let alone this one.

I believe it's almost essential to have HC @ the U who is an alum or at least is very familiar with the culture and landscape of SFL. Richt checked all the boxes (let alone his years of experience) and brought in assts who also were also very familiar with SFL - Diaz, Rumph, and others he could trust unconditionally - Richt JR, Brown, etc. Shannon was/is not HC material and Golden was absolutely clueless. I don't think anyone saw Richt being available when our HC position came open. Not defending all of Richt's decisions, but he definitely has us headed in the right direction. No sense in playing the "what if" game.

[
this is very confusing to me..considering rumph doesnt have much experience coaching at all either. Dude coached optomist ball, and like 3 years in high school (one at a well oiled machine high school choc full of prospects) . Willing to bet ..Banda was more prepared since he actually GA'd somewhere. Ive always questioned having TWO defensive back coaches at MIAMI. A place smack dab in the best recruiting ground in the COUNTRY for ......DEFENSIVE BACKS. There is very little coaching up needed to be done with a S. FLA db and if you question that...i'd like to invite you to any big time park (optomist) in south florida and watch how the 11 yr olds are playing the position already.

Yup just so many options that can do both...I can understand WHY he thought the Rumph hire would work, I mean if it was 2015/2016 again and I was thinking give me a Broward Country recruiting advantage, Rumph woulda been one of the first names i woulda had in mind too. Banda and Patke are both very puzzling

Advertisement
this is very confusing to me..considering rumph doesnt have much experience coaching at all either. Dude coached optomist ball, and like 3 years in high school (one at a well oiled machine high school choc full of prospects) . Willing to bet ..Banda was more prepared since he actually GA'd somewhere. Ive always questioned having TWO defensive back coaches at MIAMI. A place smack dab in the best recruiting ground in the COUNTRY for ......DEFENSIVE BACKS. There is very little coaching up needed to be done with a S. FLA db and if you question that...i'd like to invite you to any big time park (optomist) in south florida and watch how the 11 yr olds are playing the position already.
You feel free to question what you want. What you just expressed is what makes very little senses to me through bruh. Its like saying ed reed after a career as a hall of fame safety is less qualified to coach than banda... the facts whether you like rumph or not is hes a very technical coach who is all about x & os. Hes got a mind for the intricacies of football. He can break down with detail whats happening on the field and coach a kid up with preparations. Banda has very lil understanding of the same. Before you come back and say well he played safety as well please dont embarrass yourself or waste the time comparing banda with a first round draft pick and a long time starter in the nfl... banda just doesnt really understand how to coach up kids like that.

Isn’t Davis like 150lbs soaking wet?

He's 5'10 160lbs. Pretty much the exact same size as Samuel. Actually a little taller, Samuel was more like 5'9. Davis will never be a big kid like Bandy who is short but extremely stout at 185ish. I think Davis maxes out at 175ish pounds but that's still Kelly Jennings weight and that kid was an excellent corner for us. Davis is only a piece but an important one. I don't see any of our freaks from last year covering the slot, except Bethel and he's the most developmental kid we have. Bethel also has the length to play outside too so if Davis and Bandy are our slot corners, Bethel could easily swing outside and contribute there.

Samuel and Davis were both dogs for STA. Would be a shame to make the same mistake for both and miss out on both of them.

[

Yup just so many options that can do both...I can understand WHY he thought the Rumph hire would work, I mean if it was 2015/2016 again and I was thinking give me a Broward Country recruiting advantage, Rumph woulda been one of the first names i woulda had in mind too. Banda and Patke are both very puzzling
Main thing to remember with richt is hes a family oriented,very loyal dude. Banda is a **** good recruiter who relates well to kids these days. Rumph in large part doesnt. For recruiting purposes they work well together and the fact that rumph has played at a high level for both corner and safety makes him someone who can interact with both. Its an easier pitch than youd imagine. Patke on the other hand i agree with. Im not a fan of that hire. But only because i know some of the other options we had on the table.

Advertisement
Is there a better CBs or overall DB coach in the game than Rumph? I'm talking about teaching not recruiting. Mike Jackson, Adrian Colbertson, Trajan Bandy, Corn Elder, Malek Young. All were or are turning into NFL caliber talents under his watch, and all of these kids were underrecruited or JAGS, with not even 1/1000th of the hype of those 5 star Broward dopes lol.

Is there a better CBs or overall DB coach in the game than Rumph? I'm talking about teaching not recruiting. Mike Jackson, Adrian Colbertson, Trajan Bandy, Corn Elder, Malek Young. All were or are turning into NFL caliber talents under his watch, and all of these kids were underrecruited or JAGS, with not even 1/1000th of the hype of those 5 star Broward dopes lol.

Attachments

• proxy-5.jpg
    proxy-5.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 40

I agree - excellent Xs and Os coach. He's done an awful lot with what IMO has been less-than-typical Miami talent at CB. Not saying our guys haven't been good. However, IMO we are accustomed to having more prototype NFL-calibre DBs in our secondary.

Hope some of these kids realize this instead of going with the slick salesman (which Rumph is not).

I dislike comments like this. Bandy, Colbert, and Young were all 4* and had offers from all over at one point or another. He definitely deserves credit for Corn, Colbert, and Mike as we haven't seen consistent DB play like that in a while. Bandy is just a sophomore and while he played well last year, it's too early to talk about NFL. Young was a decent CFB CB, wouldn't say he was NFL caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back