Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t offer a scholarship to him. They did the same as UF is doing with Trey sanders brother. UF offered a chance for him to walk on.

Mostly wrong, at least with Dent. He got a grayshirt offer, so he is getting put on scholarship, per Nee/Newberg from the FSU site. Obviously that scholarship gets revoked if Akeem goes elsewhere.

Even if that weren't true, Miami can't compete with the low in-state tuition of UF/FSU. Hence why Trey's brother went to UF over us

Advertisement
And thats why we are also stuck with Corch Dumph. Part of the deal meant he came with Richt.

Richt without SEC money isn't a top recruiter.

(lands Miami's first top 10 class since 2008, and highest rated/per player class since at least 2004)

(Richt sucks! he can't recruit!)

There are some seriously miserable people on here. Sorry the program didn't dissolve with Golden like you fantasized about. And Dee is right, why even post here? Just go be a Bama fan.

Richt is far from perfect and yes, he's not Saban, but to act like he isn't doing a good job or is struggling as a recruiter is just dumb

We're not getting Stingley, Steele or Christian Williams. We MIGHT have a shot at Mo Hampton, idk if that's who BD meant by the Nawlins kid. This is the same ****, AGAIN. I get not taking Crouch. But not taking Jaden Davis is dumb. His 7on7 coach says he's 5 ft 10 and 170. That's big enough to play here. Every corner doesn't have to be 6 ft. I don't get how we can be so picky and we don't have a single corner committed. And we're holding out hope for OOS long shots who haven't visited and might not? Makes no sense.

We're not getting Stingley, Steele or Christian Williams. We MIGHT have a shot at Mo Hampton, idk if that's who BD meant by the Nawlins kid. This is the same ****, AGAIN. I get not taking Crouch. But not taking Jaden Davis is dumb. His 7on7 coach says he's 5 ft 10 and 170. That's big enough to play here. Every corner doesn't have to be 6 ft. I don't get how we can be so picky and we don't have a single corner committed. And we're holding out hope for OOS long shots who haven't visited and might not? Makes no sense.
My guess would be they just signed 4 cbs in the last class and with Bandy,Ivey and Frierson we have our starters for the next 3 years.They might not want to bring in anyone they don't believe can beat out those 3 and just be a back up.Blades and Bethel can be solid backups.

My guess would be they just signed 4 cbs in the last class and with Bandy,Ivey and Frierson we have our starters for the next 3 years.They might not want to bring in anyone they don't believe can beat out those 3 and just be a back up.Blades and Bethel can be solid backups.
Have to bring guys in every year at every position. Transfers, injuries, busts. We need 3 this year. Where are they gonna come from?

Advertisement
They might not want to bring in anyone they don't believe can beat out those 3 and just be a back up.

Lol, nah. No disrespect but that ain’t how it’s done. Kids don’t always pan out the way you plan/want them to. On top of injuries, etc.

You definitely don’t “not recruit” no matter how much you believe in some kids on the roster that have yet to play in a single college game yet.

I still think Jaden Davis ends up in this class. Yall need to calm down. Remember Trajan Bandys recruitment? That might be how Jadens will play out, chill.

Sony cost $200,000. Most expensive recruit the 'Dawgs' foundation ever funded. They have yet to eclipse the price. CEO of my employer bragged about it for years................ I told him Sony was 100% UM and he told me that "the Michels were 100% Benjamin Franklin!" He turned out to be correct!
Not connected but I can assume that the 200k record was broken last cycle.

Mostly wrong, at least with Dent. He got a grayshirt offer, so he is getting put on scholarship, per Nee/Newberg from the FSU site. Obviously that scholarship gets revoked if Akeem goes elsewhere.

Even if that weren't true, Miami can't compete with the low in-state tuition of UF/FSU. Hence why Trey's brother went to UF over us

Your wrong as uge....Brother is already on their roster.

Advertisement
In South Florida...not recruiting cornerbacks from South Florida?

Sounds like buffoonery, to me.

Sony cost $200,000. Most expensive recruit the 'Dawgs' foundation ever funded. They have yet to eclipse the price. CEO of my employer bragged about it for years................ I told him Sony was 100% UM and he told me that "the Michels were 100% Benjamin Franklin!" He turned out to be correct!
Heard Tyson was approaching that range tho.

Advertisement
And thats why we are also stuck with Corch Dumph. Part of the deal meant he came with Richt.

Richt without SEC money isn't a top recruiter.

Come on, he just had a top 10 class. Do that year-in and year-out and we're in good shape.

Like many here, I have concerns with Rumph's recruiting, but as a whole we're doing well with getting talent to campus.

Preferred walk-ons on both accounts, but your point is still valid.

Advertisement

Lol not sure where yo

i was 1000% right. And zero chance Nee ir Newberg would have said that. Those guys prob are the most level headed people covering fsu. 0% chance you can find them say that. If you look on their site it shows Dent is a walk on and he is already practicing with the team which obviously a grey shirt would not be allowed to be. Regardlesss it’s common knowledge and it takes one simple google search to see how foolish you look...

“Five-star FSU CB commit Akeem Dent was also taking in the Seminoles' first practice under Willie Taggart. His brother Adarius Dent is a walk-on wide receiver at FSU.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallahassee.com/amp/448273002

I’m sure this is a real story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back