DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Time to come out of hibernation. I miss my Canes and CIS fam.

Welcome to the U Dylan!!

20230221_062643.jpg

This kid puts on 10-15 pounds and he will hurt some people….kids not afraid of contact and his cover skills are better than most HS kids…..if you’re starting for S.Lab you’re a stud cause they are usually stacked at most positions and don’t run just anyone out there….

I haven’t been following LSU recruiting this year so I wonder why they aren’t on him but I’m **** glad he’s coming ( if he sticks which I think he will).

Advertisement

Day, a 5-foot-11, 165-pound cornerback who Miami has recruited as a nickelback, became the fourth prospect to commit to the Canes when he made his announcement on Twitter. Day was one of Guidry’s top prospects during his time at Marshall and then his brief tenure at Tulane and was one of the first to receive a Miami offer following his hiring as the Canes’ new defensive signal caller.

Day had been in constant contact with Miami’s staff for the last two months. After a visit to Coral Gables April 1, he knew the Canes were the clear frontrunner. He just wanted to take a little bit of time to make sure he really wanted to be a Cane before he told the staff Saturday night he intended to commit.

“First off, I called coach Guidry Saturday night to give him the heads up and let him know,” Day said. “He was fired up. Everybody on the phone was fired up. Later that night, I got on the phone with coach (Mario) Cristobal. He got the news and he was fired up as well. It was just a great vibe. We talked business, talked ball and sealed the commitment. It was just a great feeling for everybody.”

Miami began pushing Day to commit about a month ago ahead of his first and only visit to Coral Gables so far. His Louisiana heritage helped him instantly connect with Guidry, who is also from the state, as the two hope to establish a Louisiana pipeline.

“When he reached out to me at his first job at Marshall, we clicked,” Day said. “When he got to Miami, he kept saying, ‘Boot to The U! Boot to The U!’ It really touched me. We started talking ball, I liked the way he called his games, and from there it was history.”

Guidry’s aggressive, attacking, downhill defense helped the Hurricanes take the lead in Day’s recruitment, and the program history and campus feel helped seal the deal. Day said the defensive scheme fits his style of play and he sees himself playing early in his career at Miami. He added he has full faith in the coaching staff’s ability to develop.

Day not shutting down his recruitment, but he’s ‘locked in’ with Miami​

Day’s recruitment isn’t completely closed, but he’s definitely a Hurricane.

“I plan on maybe taking one or two more visits,” Day said. “I still want to make sure everything is perfect for me and my family. But for right now with Miami, I’m locked in.”

Day did not say which schools he’s still hoping to see but added he’ll “most definitely” take an official visit to Miami this summer. He also wants to begin recruiting other 2024 players to Coral Gables, much like what Anderson has done since committing earlier this month.

“I’m most definitely going to try to get some of those Louisiana guys out here,” Day said.

He shouldnt shut it down he should go enjoy himself make sure he wants to be here. His recruitment will pick up but I think we hold on for sure

Advertisement
1. Lmao. Can’t get this kid to shut it down? Incredible.

2. I may be over my skis, but I am willing to call a kid who Guidry personally wants a take all day. Especially after losing two CBs since NSD.

This class isn't allowed to take an OV yet. No one really shuts it down this early and takes zero visits, very rare, they want to experience at least a couple. There are tons of kids out there committed to different schools right now, nearly all of them will take visits. Many of them to Miami.

Advertisement
I remember him from when Guidry initially offered. I wanted to see what caliber of athlete he was after and came away impressed with the film back then; fast, physical, versatile football player.

Last edited:
We like to funnel traffic to a new commitment thread, which gets posted on the front page as an article. It gets confusing for more casual users when the first post in a thread is from months (sometimes years) in the past and the new commitment posts are buried at the end.

I like the old way better.

Respectfully, the casuals can learn the ways of CIS and shouldn't be catered to.

Advertisement
This kid has a ton of upside and most importantly he's physical and has leadership traits. Kids like that is what we need to fill this program up with. Not stars with no desire to earn this praise anymore. When were stacked we can pay far more attention to ratings if we want. Right now we can use em all.
That sounds like every recruiting year since 2003 no offense, I’m not ragging on your knowledge but that’s how it appears to me. Hope you’re right.

Advertisement
Back