DB Dylan Day commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Just a generral statement. Man dont have to defend every pick up Mario and the staff make on these lower ranked players. People are gonna question every player thats not highly rated thats fine, the results will show in 2 to 3 years. That's how am looking at it.

We never gonna question a high ranked pick up, even when a player like James Williams so far has played like any 3 star player. Kam has played like the 5 star, we not gonna question a high ranked player or say mmmm i dont know if this guy is a 5 star, seems overrated. We are happy for the ranking boost.

Cristobal got a 10 year contract to fix the program, these players will have time to develop or not, then we can revisit. Only results will settle stuff. If man have questions about recruits they are welcome and should be allowed to do that. They could be right and they could be wrong, either way the player is a Cane. The only thing i can judge is do i think the kid is enough athlete to play here. And most are.

im glad this isnt one of those under the radar kids who cant run like the old staffs would get. He can run and has a good DB frame. Like this pickup
His frame is impressive. This guy is a ball player. I dont know how they do the ratings, i know what i see.

Btw up to his committment he had no rating, now 247 has him as a 87 3 star. This should tell yall to use rankings as a talking point but not the be all end all, the staff evaluated and recruited this kid before them. Those SEC schools are gonna put the press on him. Look at his frame, look at his attitude on the field. Typical SEC DB, used to be Miami DB. Lean, strong and physical. DB version of Wesley. I will put good money on it, he ends up a 4 star before the end of the cycle. Just me watching his film.

Advertisement
Dude is a beast! Good pickup! Need to show improvement and have guys ball out to keep this dude once he blows up! Has this guy camped anywhere?

That's because IT IS THE SAME AS EVERY YEAR SINCE 2003. It's no offense to me when I'm the one whose been said since Larry Coker took over we have been a broken product. Our culture and what we were known for being our work ethic and our accountability inside the program with each other immediately disappeared. We became a team that thought by showing up wed show out and once that was apparent it wasn't the case WE DID NOTHING to correct it. We've lacked leadership and toughness since that very moment. So yeah it certainly should sound the same. The difference is Mario has shown you his commitment to rectifying that. Y'all just don't wanna see the signs and everyone else wants to simply nag & complain. So no offense to either of us. But even when I was still in the league I was in the building. I saw first hand how and why we were ****ed. We simply lacked the individuals and the effort to correct it. That ain't the case no more.
Sorry Big Boi GIF by Outkast

exactly the kind of kid we SHOULD be recruiting to build the depth of talent we need.
kids a D coordinator dream
altho IMO he doesnt stick...we'll see tho

Advertisement
Looks like he's a track guy too with decent (not exceptional) track speed which hopefully translates well to football for him.

Advertisement
This kid kinda reminds me of the kid we just signed his name is escaping me right now and I dont feel like looking it up.....

If this is the type of kids we take at the bottom half of classes annually like a kaleb Spencer or Frankie T, I’m with it. You can see the size, length and versatility along with being a kid whose making plays..giving all that this kid definitely has a chance

Advertisement
We’ve been burned by “trust the staff” a million times in the past

But if Guidry identified this kid this early and still wants him even with the options at Miami, then I’m all for it. Tape looks good.

@Cribby comments from the locked Dylan Day thread

Got a little Homey Badger to his game , not the biggest but he’s a ballhawk that makes plays at multiple positions. He’s also physical and willing to tackle. By his film it’s obvious he’s under the radar , he’ll definitely blow up. Pretty **** complete. I want Louisiana kids and his school puts out players.

La , Ga, Texas and Cali.

For those of you who agree w/ him, we've got tracker threads for these states (plus MD). Only missing CA right now.

Edit: Added a CA tracker. I think we've got the core states covered now.

Last edited:
Pop in his tape...then pop the local dbs this cycle. I like his film more than a lot of the local guys as a cb.

Dont see a safety..see him maning tecoury couch spot.

Prioritize Howard..watch Sanders at Gulliver..and Knight i guess..but im not as high on him as others..but we may gotta go outside of s.fla for cbs..when wego out of state i want kids from power house programs

Advertisement
Back