2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hussey is a completely different player than Aguero, but Hussey is massively underrated because he's so new to the safety position.

Who’s the better prospect Hussey or Mack? Haven’t watched film on either one

Advertisement
Who’s the better prospect Hussey or Mack? Haven’t watched film on either one
Mack has been playing DB much longer may be more techical, both athletic...Hussey to me has more upside. I honestly would take both considering what type of db classes we got the last 2...both will have time to simmer because the cupboard isnt bare.

King Mack film honestly looks alot like Avantae Williams film. Penn State is getting a good one imo.

If someone was to say we landed either kid in the class i wouldnt even blink.

Would imagine he takes Aguero's spot if he doesn't pop for us later this month?

I know this is going to seem like sour grapes, especially if Joenel ends up elsewhere, but I never understood taking both Joenel and Bonsu. They played essentially the same position, though they have different strengths. They are both SS in most defenses.

But, to me, Hussey looks like a FS with range and ball skills. And we need one of those in this class, regardless if Aguero or Bonsu commit

I know this is going to seem like sour grapes, especially if Joenel ends up elsewhere, but I never understood taking both Joenel and Bonsu. They played essentially the same position, though they have different strengths. They are both SS in most defenses.

But, to me, Hussey looks like a FS with range and ball skills. And we need one of those in this class, regardless if Aguero or Bonsu commit
I don't understand why we just went after two out of state guys when we got 2 good players at Aquinas. Maybe they rate those other guys so much higher. Most of Bonsu film is at nickel back and in the box too. And Joenel has limited
film. Maybe they don’t like the body types and traits we have to play that tweener position whatever they call it now. Romeo Finley was the last good one

Advertisement
I think this kid is gonna be a flip candidate again. If Penn State starts clifford + Mannys D getting ran over by iowa, wisconsin types etc its gonna be a long year in happy valley.

I don't understand why we just went after two out of state guys when we got 2 good players at Aquinas. Maybe they rate those other guys so much higher. Most of Bonsu film is at nickel back and in the box too. And Joenel has limited
film. Maybe they don’t like the body types and traits we have to play that tweener position whatever they call it now. Romeo Finley was the last good one

I don't mind that they are OOS but I'm concerned they essentially play the same position. Joenel played some cb at IMG but good luck finding any film on him. My concern is, if we sign both, where do they play?

Bonsu, who is listed at 210, could grow into a LB, and I don't think he should have any issue with that transition seeing how he played in the box a bunch in HS.

But, neither of these guys has film, and presumably, experience at FS.

Mack is faster with legit 10.6 100m & 21.4 200m speed & more polished at DB...

Hussey just started playing Safety his Junior year, he was primarily a RB/ATH.

Mack has better Ball skills & more range, Hussey is bigger physically, he has good sub 10.9 100m speed as well, but Mack is true Sprinter playing Safety, Hussey is a converted offensive player playing Safety, meaning he’s a lot more raw as a prospect & has room to grow.

Mack is the better prospect right now coming out of HS, but Hussey has good traits & athletic upside as well.
It seems our staff has shown interest in Hussey but maybe not so much with Mack... any thoughts on why they might prefer Hussey over Mack?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back