2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im usually with you guys but not to impressed with this kid but honestly my option doesn't equate to much. Im more of a wr and qb dude, and you fckers dont like the qb that I did. lol . JMO I still think we missed on the biggest hidden Gem. But to be fair these types of kid's come on and if coached up develop up to become total studs. No way no how am I a guru on these types so if you guys sign off then I will bowl down to you. If this kids a total bust I will at least chime in. I wont be busting balls but I would at least like to throw my name in the hat f having my name in the hat of at least putting these kids in some kind of pecking order.
Who was the QB you liked?

Advertisement
There is no real comparison between Hussey and Javonte Royal. Hussey has always been a certified baller and they could never find a position for Royal at STA. Royal passed the look test and that was about it. He never made plays at DB or WR, but played because of his measurables. Hussey has similar measurables, (is probably faster than Royal), but has always made plays no matter which side of the ball he was on. Someone will get an underrated gem in Hussey. No one said that about Royal.
I wasn’t comparing them in skill set, I was comparing based on how they were rated in the context as to why Hussey isn’t ranked as a 4-star yet.

Im usually with you guys but not to impressed with this kid but honestly my option doesn't equate to much. Im more of a wr and qb dude, and you fckers dont like the qb that I did. lol . JMO I still think we missed on the biggest hidden Gem. But to be fair these types of kid's come on and if coached up develop up to become total studs. No way no how am I a guru on these types so if you guys sign off then Ill defer to you guys.

Rewatched his highlights with out my Capt Morgan googgles and kid looks pretty nice. I didn't even look at where he plays at so him being STA kid is also a pretty big deal to me so definetly growing on me.
You don’t have to bow down to anyone, your opinion is just as valid as anybody else’s.

You’re allowed to not like a prospect based on what you see, there’s no issue with that at all.

I’m not necessarily that high on him either, but I think he’s a solid prospect with good upside, there’s potential there.

I see him as a take if we miss on higher rated targets, but that doesn’t mean he sucks or isn’t good.

People have to learn to understand that there’s a large space in between not good at all & the best ever, it’s not always an either or proposition, not every player is either terrible or a Hall of a famer, some players are just good & that’s perfectly fine lol.

Operating between the two extremes of binary thoughts is a really really silly way to view things on a constant basis, especially when it comes to Football recruits. It’s an inexact science & no one bats a 1.000, not one person ever lol.

You don’t have to bow down to anyone, your opinion is just as valid as anybody else’s.

You’re allowed to not like a prospect based on what you see, there’s no issue with that at all.

I’m not necessarily that high on him either, but I think he’s a solid prospect with good upside, there’s potential there.

I see him as a take if we miss on higher rated targets, but that doesn’t mean he sucks or isn’t good.

People have to learn to understand that there’s a large space in between not good at all & the best ever, it’s not always an either or proposition, not every player is either terrible or a Hall of a famer, some players are just good & that’s perfectly fine lol.

Operating between the two extremes of binary thoughts is a really really silly way to view things on a constant basis, especially when it comes to Football recruits. It’s an inexact science & no one bats a 1.000, not one person ever lol.
I appreciate the feed back. He definitely looks better after watching his tape with a clear mind. lol . We were up late and I had to school some dudes on the pool table last night.

Advertisement

agreed.

and another point that people have to remember: these are tennagers. they are never static in their development, and one of the goals (and challenges) is to try to puzzle together how a player projects not as a 17 year old, but as a 21 year old starter on a power 5 team. You try to determine how he might change as a prospect, (either positively or negatively) once he gets to the next level, and what he might be when you have to look back on what he has done over a +/- 4 year college career. It's the hardest part of evaluation

It's why you see a QB with skinny arms, or a CB that looks like he might not have strength in the lower body, it doesn't mean you can't look through the crystal ball of your educated eyes, and see how that might not always be the case.

Evaluation is a process. One that involves trying to make predictions when the information at your disposal is not only incomplete, it's always changing.

If you think about it that way, it gives you a good understanding of how and why reasonable minds can look at something, and disagree about what they see.

🤔

**** LCE this is a **** good take. Probably one of your best. I am guilty of looking at a kids tape and if I dont see 5* level ability I just shrug them off. A kid can be a good player even if they are not some super elite talent. Doesnt have to be so black and white.

Glad we got Alonzo to help out and give us another trained eye as well on the staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
"Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas safety Conrad Hussey (new four-star 90 on 247Sports) is a prospect we have been kind of waiting to get some more live exposure on after he missed most of his team’s spring football practices due to track -- and he probably couldn’t have looked any better out in Las Vegas (at Overtime's OT7 event). He picked off multiple passes and was sticky in coverage. That’s notable because he was utilized mostly as an outside cornerback and not a safety, which is where he projects to play on Saturdays for the Nittany Lions. Toss in his production from last season (four interceptions) and recent speed times (10.9 in the 100-meter dash) and it’s pretty obvious that he needed to move up in our defensive back rankings." --Andrew Ivins, 247Sports Southeast analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back