DAY 10 PRACTICE THREAD

10616746_546718052100670_1529658582_n.jpg

Advertisement
Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 8s
Golden on whether he'd feel trepidation starting a true freshman QB at Louisville: "Absolutely not. Not based on what I've seen."

I feel like we all knew it, here, but Kaaya is reassuring us day by day that he is absolutely the real deal. Cant wait.

Now I know how FSU felt about Winston. Not saying Kaaya is THAT good, but he's the most exciting prospect we've had in a while. Love hearing that he is a hard worker.
Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 31s
Golden on Kaaya: "He came in at 228, he's 206 now. He leaned out. His endurance is good...he's better in the pocket."

"He loves the game"

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 23s
Golden on Kaaya's sucess: "Little bit of calmness you don't normally see. His feet tell him where to go." #UM

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 13s
Golden explained how much Kaaya has sacrificed: beaches, sightseeing, social life in Miami ... he's about ball.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 8s
Golden on whether he'd feel trepidation starting a true freshman QB at Louisville: "Absolutely not. Not based on what I've seen."

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1m
Golden said he wouldn't be scared to put a true freshman out there at QB on Opening Night #UM

Man I really hope that Kaaya wins the job...and I'm thinking that he actually will...granted we talkin' 'bout practice, but it feels good to be excited about a QB.

This is actually very true. It's exactly like Winston. I remember getting calls on a daily basis from my boys in Tallahassee who were effusive in their praise of Winston as soon as he hit the practice field as a freshman. And while Winston is a transcendent talent and I'm not going to put Kaaya in his category (yet), there is no question Kaaya is smarter and more mature than Winston. The fact the coaches have uniformly praised Kaaya tells you something about his character and personality. He's clearly confident but neither ****y nor entitled. If he were, the coaches would try to knock him down a few notches. But they don't, ever, which tells me he's solid as a rock upstairs and doesn't need to be motivated.

I really hate to say this, but I don't think I've ever seen a freshman or RSF play as good as Winston. He was spot on when he needed to be, If Kaaya can be 70% as good as he was last year we win 11 games during the season.

Glad the coaches are trying things to shore up the LB depth. I kinda like the idea of big WR's kicking the little DB's around, though!

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 13s
Golden explained how much Kaaya has sacrificed: beaches, sightseeing, social life in Miami ... he's about ball.

...and then Alfred started coughing uncontrollably. "Cough...Olsen....Cough....Olsen....Cough..."

Advertisement
Josh Darrow ‏@joshdarrow

Wyche says this tattoo tells his life story. Ink of his HS, JUCO, nickname, and on inside "2013 All-American"

BvF9G76CcAQ90MZ.jpg

10597297_801385806567799_75477784_n.jpg

Brax
1799833_735576596503370_1500130640_n.jpg

BvF7OfMIgAE3OHy.jpg

Last edited:

Honeynut looks like he's negotiating a car lease in this photo. Son of a ***** just got an extra 1000 miles per year added onto the allowance. Gus Machado will stick it to him on that minor exterior damage from the gravel trucks on the Palmetto though when he turns the car back in.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 3m
Berrios on Heaps/Kaaya: “Both of those QBs are great. I know, as well as you know, I have no clue what’s going to happen. None at all.”

Ale Narciso ‏@Ale_Narciso1 29m
“”I can crack him, it’s hard, but I can crack him”-Braxton Berrios on getting under Kaaya’s skin @TheStateOfTheU

Ale Narciso ‏@Ale_Narciso1 50m
“Herb’s great, he’s one of those guys that I’m always able to find open” -Kaaya on his relationship with Herb Waters

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait I thought anyone who hasn't played in a game yet is not allowed to be interviewed?

Wait I thought anyone who hasn't played in a game yet is not allowed to be interviewed?

Today they get to interview the freshmen. Theyve been doing for an hour or two so theyre will probably be quite a bit of coverage throughout the day.

Today they get to interview the freshmen. Theyve been doing for an hour or two so theyre will probably be quite a bit of coverage throughout the day.

I like that.

Want an interview on Yearby and Gray. And Hester and Gayot. See what they gotta say. As well as Owens and Harris.

Advertisement
Wanna circle back to David Njoku really quick: Him moving to LB may not be bad. Some guy named DJ Williams (you've might of heard of him) and a guy named Dan Morgan (you may have heard of him too) came in as offensive guys and made the switch, and you know, the rest was history. David would be an absolute nightmare as a SAM. He was nice as a LB in high school, as well; putting up 85 tackles in a 10 game season is pretty impressive. Could you imagine D Jax on one side and D Njoku on the other side?? How will the QB be able to throw over them on those quick slants? FINALLY, we're starting to have (bump, that) WE HAVE the athletes that can be move around. Our depth is not all the way there, but let this team win 10 games and a bowl victory this year and the elite talent will start flocking to us. We've seen this story before w/ our Canes in the 90's and we know how it eventually turned out in the early 2000's; it's happpening again.

Njoku talking about the position switch

[video=youtube;i8BxhAf33rA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BxhAf33rA&feature=youtu.be&a[/video]

Wanna circle back to David Njoku really quick: Him moving to LB may not be bad. Some guy named DJ Williams (you've might of heard of him) and a guy named Dan Morgan (you may have heard of him too) came in as offensive guys and made the switch, and you know, the rest was history. David would be an absolute nightmare as a SAM. He was nice as a LB in high school, as well; putting up 85 tackles in a 10 game season is pretty impressive. Could you imagine D Jax on one side and D Njoku on the other side?? How will the QB be able to throw over them on those quick slants? FINALLY, we're starting to have (bump, that) WE HAVE the athletes that can be move around. Our depth is not all the way there, but let this team win 10 games and a bowl victory this year and the elite talent will start flocking to us. We've seen this story before w/ our Canes in the 90's and we know how it eventually turned out in the early 2000's; it's happpening again.

DJ Williams did not come in as an offensive player. He was the #1 LB recruit in the country. But we were so stacked on defense that they put him at fullback for a year just to get his off the charts athleticism on the field.

Advertisement
Back