Dawson

Yes and then the world realized TVD can’t read a zone to save his life and stopped playing man and now those sideline comebacks aren’t there.

Most college QBs can’t “read” zone coverage.

Good offensive systems make it so you don’t have to be Joe Montana to know where to go with the ball when facing zone.

Mario does.

Advertisement
TVD lit up P5 schools under Lashlee. What are you talking about?

Lashlee’s offense took a QB that absolutely sucks. We all see that. And made him one of the most hyped QBs in all of college football. And TVD didn’t play a single G5 school under Lashlee.

It’s because the space and pacing made playing QB a lot easier than all of the stupid **** we will ever do under Mario.
smoke and mirrors. Lashlee and TVD had 2 good wins vs NCSU and Pitt. Didn’t beat another even decent team and the offense was absolutely putrid VS UNC and FSU strongly because of TVD’s 3 INTs

Most college QBs can’t “read” zone coverage.

Good offensive systems make it so you don’t have to be Joe Montana to know where to go with the ball when facing zone.

Mario does.
TVD didn’t have to be Joe Montana to not underthrow wide open receivers….

Advertisement
Yes and no. Lash was able to get 10x more out of TVD than Dawson can (with way worse OL at the time) and thats why Lash is a much better OC. We all know TVD has flaws but Lash made the game simple for him. Lot of RPO (1 read and throw), lot of 1v1 Go routes on outside (1 read pre-snap and throw), lot more scheming to get skills guys open. Somehow Dawson cant figure that out cause he sucks.
TVD has given up. Btw, look at how he played against FSU as a sophomore. He threw to Rambo non stop and some to mallory/ teams figured out. Dawson trusted Emory more on the goaline. TVD cant play under center. it's really nuts. The kid is literally falling to the ground and throwing some of the. worst ints I have ever seen. He doesnt even look to the left side of the field. Did you guys not see multiple plays colbie young was WIDE open?

smoke and mirrors. Lashlee and TVD had 2 good wins vs NCSU and Pitt. Didn’t beat another even decent team and the offense was absolutely putrid VS UNC and FSU strongly because of TVD’s 3 INTs

Yes. TVD struggled his first few starts and his 2nd game/first start on the road.

Yet The offense still scored 35 against UNC.

You tell me whose **** I have to suck to have an offensive system under Mario that, even with a freshman making his 2nd start, and even with 3 turnovers, can go on the road and score 35, and I’ll take that one for the fanbase.

Unfortunately Mario will never make that kind of hire.

Advertisement
Yes. TVD struggled his first few starts and his 2nd game/first start on the road.

Yet The offense still scored 35 against UNC.

You tell me whose **** I have to suck to have an offensive system under Mario that, even with a freshman making his 2nd start, and even with 3 turnovers, can go on the road and score 35, and I’ll take that one for the fanbase.

Unfortunately Mario will never make that kind of hire.
Emory Williams in that EXACT situation next week, at least I hope.

Sir, could you say that again for the people in the back who think this all started a few weeks ago.

TVD has 7 multiple interception games in 23 starts and 6 of them are losses. All under 3 different OCs and 2 different HCs. The constant is simple here.

EDIT: the win was last week in OT vs Virginia where we clearly won despite of him. Shout out to Mark Fletcher

After catching the kickoff or punt off his face, I can see why he hasn’t gotten a deep ball
That was legit bad but still worth throwing a few deeps balls his way. Better than asking TVD to read zone or running into a 9 man front again. Wrost case, you push the safeties back to give more running room.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s been targeted a few times and stopped every pass but one.
Not 1 deep ball to Harrell all year. He has 4.3 speed. Get him outside on 1v1 which is pretty easy since every team stacks the box now to stop the run and chuck it deep. Not hard to take a shot.

I kind of feel sorry for the dudes who think all we need is a QB switch to have an explosive offense that scores a bunch of points with Mario as HC.
We had that explosive offense the first 4 games when our QB wasn’t underthrowing every pass though…. So what was going on then? I’ll hang up and listen

We had that explosive offense the first 4 games when our QB wasn’t underthrowing every pass though…. So what was going on then? I’ll hang up and listen
You're right, if we switch to Emory we're gonna be lighting up that scoreboard in Tally.

TVD was a freshman under Lashlee.

He had some bad games.

But these are the offensive value generated games in 2021 for the games that are evidence that this is a TVD problem:

UVA: -.2
UNC: .2
FSU: -5.9

That’s as bad as it got with TVD under Lashlee when TVD played like sh*t. Two of those games are basically 0 games. And while FSU was not good, we have 2 double digit negative value games so far this year, and the NC State value hasn’t been released yet.

People are trying extra hard not to grasp this. And I get why. You’re hoping this isn’t a Mario issue, but a TVD issue. And if we can just get that right QB, things will be fine. Because Mario is here to stay, so if it’s a Mario issue, we’re ****ed.

But Lashlee’s offenses with TVD were still able to generate enough offensive production despite TVD’s bad play, to make it so that the offense wasn’t that bad.

Cristobal’s can’t. Because Cristobal’s offensive mentality is a death penalty.

Advertisement
Back