Dawson

Advertisement
Out of the timeout, 4th and goal, must have TD and he just ran the same okay he’d been running all game long. Everyone knew it was going there. Unreal.
That was a RPO tied into it..TVD might’ve had 4..

It was absolutely an RPO. Young threw his hands up as soon as he saw the entire defense playing the hand off. If Tyler executes, it's a great play call.
He hit the Trifecta
1. Int on the pass to 3 that was late AND short.
2. Refused to step up into one of the cleanest pockets resulting in a fumble and immediate red zone opportunity
3. RPO at the goalline. Runs instead of pass.

The crazy thing about tonight is that if he makes only 2 of those 3 mistakes I sincerely think we pull out the win.

Advertisement
Dawson might be a problem but I believe he is running what Mario wants so its hard to tell. I belive what we saw earlier in the year was Dawson and what we are seeing now is Mario meddleling.

I was wondering about that.

The early Dawson was very creative, and was fun to watch.

Then we had to veer off into the ditch - and I understand we need to be able to run - but tonight a five-year-old in my house yelled, "Run up the middle again, idiot" and I guess he'd just repeated what we'd been yelling about.

I therefore can't put this on Dawson - it's uncharacteristic.

It IS characteristic of Mario and his BS run, run, run, go slow as possible, and only throw on third and long.
Mario has his mind made - and while he can certainly recruit - he can sell, he can build - he needs to stay home on game day and just have his coordinators do their thing.

He's killing us on game days!

Even Saban abandoned the run first BS that is old as dinosaur ****.

Dawson isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer imo. He was a meh hire, but you were hoping his "air raid" passing concepts would be a big change from Gattis offense.

I'm just dumbfounded why we don't find ways to get speed on the field. Why we don't get Brashard Smith the ball in different ways.

Get Old Man McCormick off the field, and get Tyler Harrell on the field. CJ at RB. Put some fear in the defense. Run more tempo.

Use Jacurri Brown in packages. Like you can be way more creative than Dawson has been.

It's his responsibility to score points.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231028_222942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231028_222942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231028_235207_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231028_235207_Samsung Internet.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Can’t roll with this when we SEEN TVD throw INTs on plays that could be TDs. #3 got separation on a good route and was underthrown for a pick. Last week Restrepo was wide open and underthrown for a pick as well.
You’re picking out a couple plays a game. Tvd missed a td when NC State blew coverage but that was a blown coverage. We have no shifts , barely any motion or nothing in pre snap to get matchups or cause confusion. They just lined up and blitzed us all night and we just dropped back or tan it. Zero creativity. None.

Tvd deserves blame, he’s been awful but Dawson hasn’t been good since GT. Everything has went to **** after the bye week.

No might’ve, #4 was wide open, uncovered, alone in the end zone.
Only say might’ve because the safety didn’t completely sell out..but there was definitely a window..point is, I think TVD was handing that bih off no matter what..but it definitely was a RPO and a different wrinkle

Advertisement
I wish we had an all 22 because you’d be sick if you saw majority of the routes Vs the coverage. Tvd has been bad but Dawson has been awful too. Running 84 out there this much is hilarious , if he does get enough separation he still drops it lol.

It's easy to separate who knows football from those who don't. You don't even need to see the all 22 either. Just watch what we do offensively, overall, the coverages on replays, etc.

Gotta give NCSU some credit as well in a game like tonight's. They called a great game defensively and tackled well. They played very disciplined. Scouted us to a T and designed a great defensive plan.

You’re picking out a couple plays a game. Tvd missed a td when NC State blew coverage but that was a blown coverage. We have no shifts , barely any motion or nothing in pre snap to get matchups or cause confusion. They just lined up and blitzed us all night and we just dropped back or tan it. Zero creativity. None.

Tvd deserves blame, he’s been awful but Dawson hasn’t been good since GT. Everything has went to **** after the bye week.
I agree we could incorporate more motion but I can’t say that defenses are just blowing coverage week after week. Our OC is clearly doing something to cause them to blow those coverages and it’s our QBs job to execute when that happens and he’s done the opposite

Advertisement

I seriously don't think TVD can do anything right at this point.

Advertisement
Back