Davonte Brown Update

Advertisement
Advertisement
I first posted on him last year back in May in my 20/21 CB thread when he was still at Piper & I liked him as a prospect with upside, he has good technique with his upper body & is physical corner. But he's a bit stiff & isn't fluid enough with his hip movement & footwork needs coaching but he's a solid developmental prospect that after a few years could grow into a good corner.

I didn't think he was a take in this class initially because I felt we would land higher prospects, but here we are lol.

I'm not really tripping if we get him or not because he won't be ready to go until he's a Red Soph anyway. I'd take his commitment if he wants in but I'd prefer we get a game ready JUCO CB with some speed who can contribute day 1.

We need CB's in this class who can come in right away & play in the event of injury & to challenge Ivey for game reps.
What higher rated CBs were we after that you thought we might be able to land?

I first posted on him last year back in May in my 20/21 CB thread when he was still at Piper & I liked him as a prospect with upside, he has good technique with his upper body & is physical corner. But he's a bit stiff & isn't fluid enough with his hip movement & footwork needs coaching but he's a solid developmental prospect that after a few years could grow into a good corner.

I didn't think he was a take in this class initially because I felt we would land higher prospects, but here we are lol.

I'm not really tripping if we get him or not because he won't be ready to go until he's a Red Soph anyway. I'd take his commitment if he wants in but I'd prefer we get a game ready JUCO CB with some speed who can contribute day 1.

We need CB's in this class who can come in right away & play in the event of injury & to challenge Ivey for game reps.
Yup give me a JUCO he can kick rocks! 3 years from now..

Advertisement

Couch & williams

Advertisement
Couch & williams
Will be learning on the job having played sparingly & primarily on ST's.

We need a veteran Corner with real game experience. Couch & Williams are two good promising kids but they don't have the experience.

We're in trouble if we're expecting Ivey to hold down his side of the field for the entirety of the season next year.

Advertisement
Will be learning on the job having played sparingly & primarily on ST's.

We need a veteran Corner with real game experience. Couch & Williams are two good promising kids but they don't have the experience.

We're in trouble if we're expecting Ivey to hold down his side of the field for the entirety of the season next year.
Juco is the same thing tho. You never know what you gone get from those guys. Me personally i would rather roll with one of the young guys or a grad transfer.

Advertisement
Back