2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wish I could wave a magic wand and instantly all posters could understand the On3 prediction workings. It is mostly garbage and should not be looked at in any meaningful way. Not because On3 is garbage- they are- but because their prediction percentages are based on predictions of people who literally know nothing and are all equally weighted. It’s literal garbage.

My buddy coached a big time tackle prospect, and he told me most coaches don't even make any attempt to follow the rule. Most coaches straight up talked to the kid face to face.
Yet these same coaches expect the kids to follow their rules when on campus….like curfew etc. I get it but I don’t lol

My buddy coached a big time tackle prospect, and he told me most coaches don't even make any attempt to follow the rule. Most coaches straight up talked to the kid face to face.
We used to say “the ncaa doesn’t come to Godby” lol.

I remember one time Saban and a coach from another school were in our office. We called a kid down, Saban told the kid to shake the other coaches hand. He then joked “I won’t tell on you if you don’t tell on me.”

This one has been pretty quiet from both OU and Miami sides. Seems like both “feel good”

Advertisement
The kid committed to FSU is pretty **** impressive but he looks almost more like a WR. His tape shows more cuts and a bit more fluid running style but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a better TE prospect. Mitchell looks more physical, much more physical just from the brief things I’ve seen. Not saying FSU dude isn’t just haven’t seen it as his tape seemed more like a WR as I said
Mitchell is already 6’4”(+) 245lbs. He’s a physical specimen and will put you square on your ***.

1st thing you notice is he is a natural hands guys when it comes to catching the ball. He attacks the ball with his hands and plucks it. Too many kids nowadays try to trap the ball into their chest with their pads.

2nd thing he does incredibly well is his ability to reposition his body to make a play on the ball while in the air, better known as body control. He makes a number of very athletic back shoulder snags in his HL’s.

Mitchell is already 6’4”(+) 245lbs. He’s a physical specimen and will put you square on your ***.

1st thing you notice is he is a natural hands guys when it comes to catching the ball. He attacks the ball with his hands and plucks it. Too many kids nowadays try to trap the ball into their chest with their pads.

2nd thing he does incredibly well is his ability to reposition his body to make a play on the ball while in the air, better known as body control. He makes a number of very athletic back shoulder snags in his HL’s.

He’s a sophomore absolutely pancaking people on those highlights like a **** LT

Advertisement
He’s a sophomore absolutely pancaking people on those highlights like a **** LT
Something you gotta think about too lol. If he’s 6’4” plus as a 10th grader built like that??? There was a Darnell Washington comp earlier in the thread and they ain’t wrong lol.

Advertisement
Not even sure it is based on actual predictions from insiders. The only insider prediction listed on his On3 page is from a OU insider made on 5/1/23 unless you get see more predictions if you are a subscriber. The On3 prediction machine lists the following as I believe what makes up the prediction. Not sure how the algorithm determines how to weight social sentiment into it. Would be interesting to see how accurate it actual is.

View attachment 245164
What do they input into the machine to get it down to tenth of a percentage point 🤔

IMG_3667.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back