2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially since the kid was apparently just here…again….despite being from CA leading up to a commitment date

Clearly they aren’t up on 2025 guys which kinda highlights the ****show these sites become by just slapping stars on a group of guys and then leaving it that way

How active are they in out-year projections? I'm pretty sure it's not comprehensive but mostly camp kids, referrals, or a random HS underclassman that popped on film when they were looking at teammates or opposing current-year prospects. But I can't say that for sure.

I honestly don't know the process. Feels like they focus mostly on kids that have received offers or won recognition awards at camps, and work out from there. Which, if true, means there's a huge selection bias based on the programs making offers. A Bama offer is going to mean a whole lot more than a UAB offer even before they look at the video or watch them at a camp.

Advertisement
Think we prove them wrong here.

You think only UM insiders have the secret scoop and not even the slightest indication that he is committing to UM has leaked to the recruiting websites? I find that hard to believe. Based on what I've seen so far, UM is being very judicious with NIL money and I don't think Cristobal is going to bust open the piggy bank for a TE, even if he is elite. Bring on the down votes

fight me bruce lee GIF

You think only UM insiders have the secret scoop and not even the slightest indication that he is committing to UM has leaked to the recruiting websites? I find that hard to believe. Based on what I've seen so far, UM is being very judicious with NIL money and I don't think Cristobal is going to bust open the piggy bank for a TE, even if he is elite. Bring on the down votes

fight me bruce lee GIF
On the contrary, a kid that has a quiet unofficial visit to Miami a mere four days before his commitment has to signal some alarms.

We win out here imo

Not even sure it is based on actual predictions from insiders. The only insider prediction listed on his On3 page is from a OU insider made on 5/1/23 unless you get see more predictions if you are a subscriber. The On3 prediction machine lists the following as I believe what makes up the prediction. Not sure how the algorithm determines how to weight social sentiment into it. Would be interesting to see how accurate it actual is.

1688582944771.png

Not even sure it is based on actual predictions from insiders. The only insider prediction listed on his On3 page is from a OU insider made on 5/1/23 unless you get see more predictions if you are a subscriber. The On3 prediction machine lists the following as I believe what makes up the prediction. Not sure how the algorithm determines how to weight social sentiment into it. Would be interesting to see how accurate it actual is.

View attachment 245164
Good insights regardless

Advertisement
with all the commits coming in this month, I doubt they are focusing on a 25 player that hasn’t been officially reclassified.
Ehhhh, maybe but I disagree. First he seems to plan on reclassifying, you don’t usually commit a full year and a half before a NSD. We still need a TE with Lofton being more of a utility knife type player. With Odom looking like a long shot there isn’t much that seems to be cookin there at this time. You couple that with our guys saying to watch this recruitment is why I disagree.

Ehhhh, maybe but I disagree. First he seems to plan on reclassifying, you don’t usually commit a full year and a half before a NSD. We still need a TE with Lofton being more of a utility knife type player. With Odom looking like a long shot there isn’t much that seems to be cookin there at this time. You couple that with our guys saying to watch this recruitment is why I disagree.
I meant the writers not our staff.
They have a lot of players to watch and predict and try to put crystal balls in for.
Maybe that’s why they haven’t really put is in contention for him.

I meant the writers not our staff.
They have a lot of players to watch and predict and try to put crystal balls in for.
Maybe that’s why they haven’t really put is in contention for him.
Maybe but the writers in many cases are the mouth piece of the staff.

Advertisement
How certain are we that Mitchell was in Miami this week? Is it all based on one social media post? I'm trying to remember if another prospect posted about being in Florida just to troll us ... it's on the tip of my tongue ...
You can down vote me, but my main point is to check our sources for our supposed knowledge about his recent whereabouts.

How certain are we that Mitchell was in Miami this week? Is it all based on one social media post? I'm trying to remember if another prospect posted about being in Florida just to troll us ... it's on the tip of my tongue ...
You can down vote me, but my main point is to check our sources for our supposed knowledge about his recent whereabouts.
That could have just as easily been SoCal in that pic as well.

Hey, June is going to be the biggest month ever for recruiting in UM history. How dare you question people saying Mitchell is going to be a Cane.

i mean he could've just posted a pic from his visit a week & a half ago. Doesnt make too much sense for him to be back mid week after playing 7v7 in Cali through the weekend.

Advertisement
Hey, June is going to be the biggest month ever for recruiting in UM history. How dare you question people saying Mitchell is going to be a Cane.
By all means always question especially given what has happened recently. That all said, this kids recruitment has been quiet. Okie got the crystal back on May 1st by one person. Since then he has visited 1 school and one school only and that is Miami.

You think we get another pic like Romello Height's feet kind of situation ? That would suck

i mean he could've just posted a pic from his visit a week & a half ago. Doesnt make too much sense for him to be back mid week after playing 7v7 in Cali through the weekend.

I wonder if fans can donate frequent flyer miles to recruits that want to take unofficial visits to UM

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back