2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, below Top 10 would be subpar. Below Top 20 would be atrocious and unacceptable. Anything 6 or better is exceeding expectations.

Here is the list of schools who have signed Top 10 classes in each of the last 3 cycles:

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio State
Oklahoma

That’s it. 4 schools. In the whole country. So I think we need to be a little realistic here. I don’t disagree with you entirely, but Mario brought in the 7th ranked class last year. You say anything less than 10 is subpar. If it’s 11th or 12th, somewhere around there and we win some games and he gets back into the Top 10 again in 2025, that’s fantastic. Only the elite of the elite of the elite stack Top 10 classes on top of each other year after year. Miami is not anywhere near those 4 programs at the moment. I think Top 10 is in the cards this year, but if it narrowly misses, its not a catastrophe.

Advertisement
Remember when a group of us said Cristobal was making a terrible decision hiring a pro style OC instead of sticking with a spread offense that clearly worked better for TVD, and then we got lectured by other posters who said it was delusional to think we knew what offense worked better for UM than a coach making 8 million per year? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Not that I don't believe you, but post receipts.... cuz maybe I don't believe you.

Here is the list of schools who have signed Top 10 classes in each of the last 3 cycles:

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio State
Oklahoma

That’s it. 4 schools. In the whole country. So I think we need to be a little realistic here. I don’t disagree with you entirely, but Mario brought in the 7th ranked class last year. You say anything less than 10 is subpar. If it’s 11th or 12th, somewhere around there and we win some games and he gets back into the Top 10 again in 2025, that’s fantastic. Only the elite of the elite of the elite stack Top 10 classes on top of each other year after year. Miami is not anywhere near those 4 programs at the moment. I think Top 10 is in the cards this year, but if it narrowly misses, its not a catastrophe.
Mario has been sold as an elite recruiter and we know he isn’t a Gameday coach. There is no pass on him not landing a top 10 class.

I respectfully request that we lock this thread.
GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back