2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5933.jpeg

Advertisement
@DMoney from the 6/20 Bank

- Name to keep an eye on at tight end: TE Davon Mitchell (Los Angeles). He is a 2025 kid that will reclassify to 2024. He's visiting this weekend for his second unofficial and commits in a few weeks. He may be the top tight end in the nation, regardless of class.

Advertisement
@Hoyacane1620 posted this for Simmons

He visited the Miami Hurricanes on June 9-11, will visit the Alabama Crimson Tide on June 16-18, the Oregon Ducks on June 20-22, Texas on June 23-25, and Texas A&M on July 26-28. Now, SMU can be added to that list.
LSU and Texas A&M are expected to get fall official visits from Simmons.

Davon's Final 5

Alabama
OU

UT
A&M
Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is a seam buster with elite hands and body control, especially for 235+. He also is a menace when blocking (a lot more blocking on his HL beginning at the 2:32 mark). Would be beyond huge, and would bring another top 50 type talent to that room. I wasn’t wasting my energy on a 2025 kid but fingers crossed here now that we know he is reclassifying.

- Next up, let's go to Davon Mitchell. The big-time tight end was in Norman for several days and as we've discussed, it went about as good as it could've gone. So, here's the latest I'm hearing as his recruitment heads down the stretch. First, the original plan was to visit Miami later in the week, but now the Canes are aiming to have Mitchell arrive over the weekend for their big visit festivities. That's key as it'll allow the staff to essentially replicate what Oklahoma accomplished by having Mitchell go through the ChampU BBQ. Then, there's still an Alabama presence surrounding this process that I feel OU is keeping a watchful eye out for. Still, this continues to feel like Oklahoma's in the leader in the clubhouse with other programs involved getting ready to make their move.

-Oklahoma 247 on Mitchell this morning.

Advertisement
- Next up, let's go to Davon Mitchell. The big-time tight end was in Norman for several days and as we've discussed, it went about as good as it could've gone. So, here's the latest I'm hearing as his recruitment heads down the stretch. First, the original plan was to visit Miami later in the week, but now the Canes are aiming to have Mitchell arrive over the weekend for their big visit festivities. That's key as it'll allow the staff to essentially replicate what Oklahoma accomplished by having Mitchell go through the ChampU BBQ. Then, there's still an Alabama presence surrounding this process that I feel OU is keeping a watchful eye out for. Still, this continues to feel like Oklahoma's in the leader in the clubhouse with other programs involved getting ready to make their move.

-Oklahoma 247 on Mitchell this morning.

Wow, Oklahomo is getting everyone.

Good for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back