2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar things were said about Lashlee and his time away from Malzhan. Lashlee obviously learned from those rough times, hopefully Dawson did as well.

Huh? Lashlee spent one year at UCONN as OC post Malzahan and improved that offense. This doesn't make sense. He than went to SMU under Dykes to be OC before coming to Miami.

The questions surrounding Lashlee was whether he ran Dykes Air Raid offense and actually called the plays at SMU.

Dawson has a 4 year sample size away from Dana at Kentucky and S. Miss as sole OC and his offenses were not good to say the least.

Advertisement
Huh? Lashlee spent one year at UCONN as OC post Malzahan and improved that offense. This doesn't make sense. He than went to SMU under Dykes to be OC before coming to Miami.

The questions surrounding Lashlee was whether he ran Dykes Air Raid offense and actually called the plays at SMU.

Dawson has a 4 year sample size away from Dana at Kentucky and S. Miss as sole OC and his offenses were not good to say the least.
Facts. I hope he can just run Dana’s offense here. That is the best case outcome.

Last edited:
As many as the coaches think we need. The coaches are the ones recruiting this player, he’s not a message board legend that CIS has created in our minds…
It’s not only this kid. We will still try to land Odom, we tried to get Walter Matthews, will continue to try flipping Amir Jackson or Colton Heinrich and are bringing in Galloway at the end of the month. Apparently the coaches didn’t receive the CIS memo of what a luxury a 2nd TE would be

Advertisement
Check the post history clown. I'm the furthest thing from a slurper 😂 Imagine a gif rattling your cage that bad tho 😂

The only clown appears to be you. Next time come with something a little stronger. Your gif game is weak and you clearly know nothing about Dawson.

He absolutely was/is overhyped by Canes fans. He has a 4 year sample size, at two different programs, where he was the sole OC away from Dana and his offenses were putrid all four years.

Not to mention, he did not run any semblance of an Air Raid and from what I saw used minimal Air Raid concepts those 4 years as well. And over those 4 years, he averaged rushing the ball 54% of the time. It's why Mario likes him so much. He can claim he's an Air Raid guy (because his time under Dana), but absolutely prefers running the ball first.

After being let go at Southern Miss, he had no suitors and returned under Dana for a 2nd time, but not as OC, but as a TE coach, than PGC/QB coach and finally back to "OC" his last two years at Houston.

I hope I am wrong, but I believe Dana was always the true OC when Dawson was under him. I don't think it's a coincidence Dawson's offenses looked different than Dana's and was bad his 4 years as an OC elsewhere.
Well maybe we’ve been tricked or duped, but every vid I’ve seen of his offense. Looks like AIR RAID

The only clown appears to be you. Next time come with something a little stronger. Your gif game is weak and you clearly know nothing about Dawson.
Hey **** for brains, me saying "we suck again" was agreeing with your assessment of Dawson. I think he was an average at best hire. Could you read? It literally said the words "we suck again".

Advertisement
Well maybe we’ve been tricked or duped, but every vid I’ve seen of his offense. Looks like AIR RAID
Not duped but per usual people ignore the red flags. He was a solid hire when considering how it plays into Mario breaking his own mold and narrative. That said he isn’t some ground breaking offensive guru. He is solid and a good safe hire when breaking into the new age of offensive football.

Hey **** for brains, me saying "we suck again" was agreeing with your assessment of Dawson. I think he was an average at best hire. Could you read? It literally said the words "we suck again".

That gif is actually used by Canes fans overwhelmingly attempting to be sarcastic if someone does not wear the same orange and green goggles as they do.

Normally I'd apologize since you stated that wasn't the case here, however, considering your approach to respond, you can continue being a the clown that you are.

That gif is actually used by Canes fans overwhelmingly attempting to be sarcastic if someone does not wear the same orange and green goggles as they do.

Normally I'd apologize since you stated that wasn't the case here, however, considering your approach to respond, you can continue being a the clown that you are.
You were a **** first. You said do facts bother you & called me a slurper when I was agreeing with you. So go **** yourself. Have a rotten day. Ignore list you go.

Advertisement
Did you happen to watch his offenses the four years combined he spent at both UK and S. Miss? That is when he was actually OC on his own.
I don’t get why people assign attributes to Dawson that just aren’t assignable. Dana is the offensive guru. Think poor man’s Lincoln Riley for more contemporary comparisons. If you hired Riley’s OC you wouldn’t be saying it’s his offense because you know it’s Riley’s, this is very similar. I’m just glad more posters are broaching this subject because for most of the spring and summer it was swept under the rug like it did t exist.

I think a harsh reality will hit us soon enough when people begin to realize Dawson was overhyped. How he couldn’t sell Miller on the opportunity to play here and showcase the offense he had in Houston should be a major concern.
Nonsense we have never overhyped a single player or coach before a regular game has been played

I get you and I can’t speak for anybody else. But I spoke directly with staff and they weren’t misled here. Jacorey Barney- different story. They were blindsided.

With Mitchell, they worked extremely hard but they knew it was a coin flip with OU having several advantages (familiarity, friends at the school, etc.)

Is the Barney relationship salvageable ?

Advertisement
Nonsense we have never overhyped a single player or coach before a regular game has been played
when Dawson was hired, I dont think he was overhyped lol. even cribby wasn't even excited. he was a plan b/c target as OC. it is what it is. hopefully his scheme fits our roster and the players we recruit better (anyone who didnt play with Fred flinstones)

From what’s been said his stint at Kentucky was like us having Gattis last year. Square peg and round hole. Southern Miss exactly a hot bed for talent. Not making or trying to make excuses. We’ve always said if we had that kind of offense at the U. We would kill it. We had a form of it with Lashlee TVD flourished. Now we have another AIR RAID disciple and you guys are worried? Not saying it isn’t somewhat warranted, but I’m excited. Due to the fact he knows what we as fans and recruits expect. So there’s no room to learn on the job.

From what’s been said his stint at Kentucky was like us having Gattis last year. Square peg and round hole. Southern Miss exactly a hot bed for talent. Not making or trying to make excuses. We’ve always said if we had that kind of offense at the U. We would kill it. We had a form of it with Lashlee TVD flourished. Now we have another AIR RAID disciple and you guys are worried? Not saying it isn’t somewhat warranted, but I’m excited. Due to the fact he knows what we as fans and recruits expect. So there’s no room to learn on the job.
You say you’re not trying to make excuses but are making excuses. Not trying to be combative but that is exactly what it was. Bottom line: when he went on his own he struggled. When he worked under Dana and his system he did well. He did so bad on his own that he had to crawl back to Dana and worked his way back to being an OC. Like I said, if he just follows Dana’s scheme we should be okay but let’s not pretend there isn’t serious concerns over what he did out on his. You couple that with Mario being the HC and his track record and you can’t blame people for being concerned. I still think we win 8-9.

Saying he needs 'talent" to run an Air Raid simply does not compute. Most, if not all Air Raid offenses are doing way more with less. You don't find Air Raid offenses littered with high profile recruits.

He had 3 years at S. Miss. His offenses were not good. He had his time to recruit his own players. And again, he did not run an Air Raid offense at UK or S. MISS. Truth is, Houston did not run a true Air Raid. They utilized concepts of an Air Raid. So we definitely won't see anything resembling a true Air Raid regardless.

With that being said, I hope his 2nd time around with Dana he learned and has decided to run that style of O rather than what he ran at UK and S MISS the first time he left Dana. Because they were not good or what you are hoping to see. Let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back