2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stat still holds. Believe what you want. There are always outliers.

bad comparison year, some of those kids Mario was on at oregon. Now it’s true up to true up
Exactly
But for some reason
Ppl point to outliers as if it’s the norm or should be the expected outcome
Stats are consistent year in and year out for a reason

Here’s a couple of things I see.

Mario’s in it for many more whales than any Miami HC in recent history. The sheer numbers he’s after suggest that it’s going to look like more “misses” when/if a whale goes elsewhere.

Mario has also expanded his reach into OOS recruits than any HC in recent history thus he’s going up against bigger dogs. And from what I’ve seen, he’s been it it for many more whales than previous staphs

You all are miserable people
Miserable, or is it high expectations with minimal results (so far) while two in-state rivals are ahead of us by a good margin in regards to the 2024 class? I guess you get both on here and it’s lumped into the same category.

We shall see once July ends…as for this recruitment I’m not giving up til I have a solid reason to. But to say Mitchell isn’t potentially a miss is just complete bs and ultimate spinning. Is our TE room loaded? Oh yeah. Doesn’t mean we didn’t miss IF he chooses OU.

It doesn’t always have to be black and white on here.

Last edited:
Here’s a couple of things I see.

Mario’s in it for many more whales than any Miami HC in recent history. The sheer numbers he’s after suggest that it’s going to look like more “misses” when/if a whale goes elsewhere.

Mario has also expanded his reach into OOS recruits than any HC in recent history thus he’s going up against bigger dogs. And from what I’ve seen, he’s been it it for many more whales than previous staphs

Can’t land whales if you don’t try. Some fans and our rivals will mock the misses but it’s part of the game.

Advertisement
Exactly
But for some reason
Ppl point to outliers as if it’s the norm or should be the expected outcome
Stats are consistent year in and year out for a reason
No, I think it's people that keep pointing to that statistic that don't understand the math.

~10% flips suggests we can expext ~3 of our signees (assuming a class of 25-30) to be flips. You take 3 4-stars (i.e. not top 100 guys) off of last year's class and we fall from 7 to 13. 3 players makes a huge difference in a class.

If we keep treading along at our current pace, in the 15-20 range, have a solid season, and flip ~3 guys, we end up with a top 10 class.

Those of you who keep pounding the drum about the lack of flips seem to think we need 20 more 4-stars to have a decent class.

I had heard OU right before the shift to us started, figured it was just a smokescreen but we’ll see.
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Yeah it’s going to be really interesting to see how this new stadium thing plays out. St. Pete put a good pitch out there but moving it over by Ybor would help so many more ppl. Problem by Ybor is traffic getting in and out of there.

A few places like Fergs would go under if they moved but I don’t think it changes much of the financial impact for the area sense they don’t draw big crowds anyways.

The move that makes the most sense is to move them to Tampa.
Before lighting games (**** the lightning), fans go to the bars around the area and walk over to the arena, and I could see that for the Rays.

Downtown St Pete is nice but nobody from Tampa/WC want to drive there and deal with the **** traffic to get there

Miserable, or is it high expectations with minimal results (so far) while two in-state rivals are ahead of us by a good margin in regards to the 2024 class? I guess you get both on here and it’s lumped into the same category.

We shall see once July ends…as for this recruitment I’m not giving up til I have a solid reason to. But to say Mitchell isn’t potentially a miss is just complete bs and ultimate spinning. Is our TE room loaded? Oh yeah. Doesn’t mean we didn’t miss IF he chooses OU.

It doesn’t always have to be black and white on here.
Miserable. You all expect 10 5 stars coming off an 5-7 season. Yes there are people hyping this **** up a little too much but I don’t have any expectations for this class. If Miami has a much better season then it’s possible to see another top 10 class. A lot of these recruits are seeing how we do this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back