Davon Johnson

Seems like every time I find myself saying: "****, nice catch" most of the time its DJ.

Congrats to the young man for sticking with it and making the most of his opportunity. Huge game.

Advertisement
He has made a play literally every time he's gotten the opportunity. Prior to this game, he had a few big 3rd down conversions. He looks really comfortable in the slot. I can see Fisch exploiting that a little bit, because Morris is generally most comfortable when he makes a single read.

This coaching staff brings careers back from the dead. Jacket Harris, streeter, Johnson, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing one more. Pretty impressive. Imagine what they will do with the guys they recruited

Advertisement
Advertisement
This coaching staff brings careers back from the dead. Jacket Harris, streeter, Johnson, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing one more. Pretty impressive. Imagine what they will do with the guys they recruited

Luther Robinson, Brandon McGee has stepped up, Jeremy Lewis getting meaningful snaps at OG, Ben Jones.

Davon Johnson deserves a lot of respect from the fans for continuing to work and contributing extremely well when his team really needed him today. Not so sure this result would have happened under prior regimes.

Davon has always been good but simply could not see the field. When you look at the receivers who played before him

Kayne F
hankerson
Benjamin
Colier
A Johnson
Streeter
Byrd

Wasn't alot of opportunity

Advertisement
He has made a play literally every time he's gotten the opportunity. Prior to this game, he had a few big 3rd down conversions. He looks really comfortable in the slot. I can see Fisch exploiting that a little bit, because Morris is generally most comfortable when he makes a single read.

Yep. He's done something incredible in basically every game. Need a good slot guy like him.

Davon has always been good but simply could not see the field. When you look at the receivers who played before him

Kayne F
A Johnson
Byrd

Wasn't alot of opportunity

He's playing much better than the three I left of your list ever did here. Byrd was the best of that trio and DJ could have given him a run for his money.

Davon is playing solid, almost Kevin Beard like in 03.

I was screaming out Kevin Beard during that last drive. Shades of the UF comeback in 03.

Advertisement
Seeing guys like Ben Jones, Davon, and other guys get meaningful snaps is a why I was very disappointed in guys like Washington, Streeter, Forston, and Vernon going pro early. Another year of Utough and development would have went a long ways for those guys.

Funny thing is that if you look DJ's profile on ESPN, it still has him listed as a DB so you can't see his receiving stats.

Gotta give DJ his props, he's being making the tough catches all year.. i think he should be the starter opposite of Hurns..

Advertisement
Back