Davon Johnson

Advertisement
Best game of his career. Have to say I'm really happy for him. He made some big plays and earned himself some PT or so it seems.

Advertisement
agreed. this kid was absolutely buried (if not forgotten) on the depth chart as a WR. behind all the freshman, kendall thompkins greentree all-american myth and even kendall thompkins JAG reality (yes i'm counting them as two separate receivers). very very happy for him. great lesson for other kids who might get pouty about not getting early burn.
(not trying to rip thompkins. just showing how amazing it is for johnson)

Advertisement
7 for 107. Pretty impressive day for him. When's the last time we had 2 receivers over 100 yds? Dorsett with 9 for 184 and DJ with 7 for 107.

Advertisement
106.gif

Last edited:
he came up huge today, but i think this is also a reflection on the staff that a kid who basically wasted away for 4 years is finally able to find a role and do well when given the chance in that role

Advertisement
this is what al has been preaching. next man in mentality. lewis got hurt tand hurns didnt have a great game and DJ stepped up when we needed him

I'm pumped for Davon that he's playing this well. Hopefully he'll get more reps/confidence as the season progresses and he can become a big playmaker for the team.

Advertisement
Back