David Shaw calls plays at Stanford....

What's the difference, seriously?

"Isn't as good" means he's good or ok but not at the high level people are claiming he's at. "Isn't that good" means he kinda sucks.

Ok, kudos.

But I said "isn't THAT good"

So what's the difference now?

Lol. Dude, why are you getting so mad over this? I'm glad that Richt is the leader but Richt's play calling and adjustments have not been a winner this year and Louisville is tearing it up.

We are doing far less with equal talent to last year on offense. If Richt had his type of players I'm sure that the execution of his system would be better but I am still troubled by his inability to asjust, in the interim, to the skill levels of the personnel he has to work with. Doesn't it trouble you that Coley's check with me offense produced far better results with virtually the same personnel???

Lmao. I'm not mad. I just type angry/assholeish. I never ever get emotional about texts.

I'm not going to lie. The entire RPO offense troubles me. I still don't know why, for the life of me, Richt isn't running his shallow cross concepts that made him bank over his career.

Why adapt the RPO with this team?

I think he has out thought himself but I don't think he should give up playcalling. I need to see one more year before I see that. Richt has earned that much from me; especially seeing that he has shown he we will change and try new things.

My biggest qualm is with Searels, tbh.

I don't like his track record and I don't like his technique.

The offense looks worse because the lineman have totally regressed.

They weren't good last year, I know. But to already give up just as many sacks as the year before only 7 games in to the new season after being in the best shape of your life just SCREAMS bad technique/ coaching.

I agree mostly. I'm perplexed at us not running the slanting underneath stuff. I'm also hugely disappointed in our O Line play and Searles certainly hasn't elevated that group to even mediocre.

Advertisement
"Isn't as good" means he's good or ok but not at the high level people are claiming he's at. "Isn't that good" means he kinda sucks.

Ok, kudos.

Lol. Dude, why are you getting so mad over this? I'm glad that Richt is the leader but Richt's play calling and adjustments have not been a winner this year and Louisville is tearing it up.

We are doing far less with equal talent to last year on offense. If Richt had his type of players I'm sure that the execution of his system would be better but I am still troubled by his inability to asjust, in the interim, to the skill levels of the personnel he has to work with. Doesn't it trouble you that Coley's check with me offense produced far better results with virtually the same personnel???

Lmao. I'm not mad. I just type angry/assholeish. I never ever get emotional about texts.

I'm not going to lie. The entire RPO offense troubles me. I still don't know why, for the life of me, Richt isn't running his shallow cross concepts that made him bank over his career.

I think he has out thought himself but I don't think he should give up playcalling. I need to see one more year before I see that. Richt has earned that much from me; especially seeing that he has shown he we will change and try new things.

They weren't good last year, I know. But to already give up just as many sacks as the year before only 7 games in to the new season after being in the best shape of your life just SCREAMS bad technique/ coaching.

I agree mostly. I'm perplexed at us not running the slanting underneath stuff. I'm also hugely disappointed in our O Line play and Searles certainly hasn't elevated that group to even mediocre.

Right.. I don't get it for the life of me. Almost everyone assumed Richt would bring that(shallow cross) here. Then out of nowhere he's running RPO... WTF?

When I said Lu, Dmoney, and Chise have turned this place into a cess pool. I didn't mean they did it intentionally. But not everyone sees football with as keen an eye as them. So them calling out the coaches without deeper context got too many dummies posting dumb shid about the playcalling when its deeper than that.

Ok, kudos.

Right.. I don't get it for the life of me. Almost everyone assumed Richt would bring that(shallow cross) here. Then out of nowhere he's running RPO... WTF?

When I said Lu, Dmoney, and Chise have turned this place into a cess pool. I didn't mean they did it intentionally. But not everyone sees football with as keen an eye as them. So them calling out the coaches without deeper context got too many dummies posting dumb shid about the playcalling when its deeper than that.

the answer lies with the quarterback

think back, we didn't really see the RPO until the app state game which.. guess what? Was right after kayaa sh*t the bed vs FAU forcing our defense to bail us out like 9 straight times

Then the next game it was nothing but rpo rpo rpo..

Have all the guys responding in here sustained blunt force head trauma?

How does having a Heisman level player justify Alabama's D and STs outscoring Shaw's offense?

Mcaffrey isn't that good. He was running the holes my grandma could score on. Those holes? They arent there this year, man.

Losing Garnett and Murphy was huge for them.

You just don't easily replace hosses like that man.

Stanford isn't Wisconsin. They were never known for Lineman until Shaw and harbaugh built that rep for them.

LoL at calling them a factory.

You gotta put down the ganja. McCaffrey is an outstanding talent with the the same size, speed and versatility of Reggie Bush. I've seen him score on a run, throw, catch and kick return in the same game.

No doubt the Cardinal Oline and QB play have fallen off substantially this year. And, McCaffrey has been nicked up. But, to question his talent is ludicrous.

In a nutshell, Shaw's challenge is very similar to that of CMR: OLine and QB are underperforming. How do you adjust your power scheme to cover up those weaknesses in order to put a decent offense on the field? Neither coach has yet figured it out so far this season.

How does having a Heisman level player justify Alabama's D and STs outscoring Shaw's offense?

Mcaffrey isn't that good. He was running the holes my grandma could score on. Those holes? They arent there this year, man.

Stanford isn't Wisconsin. They were never known for Lineman until Shaw and harbaugh built that rep for them.

You gotta put down the ganja. McCaffrey is an outstanding talent with the the same size, speed and versatility of Reggie Bush. I've seen him score on a run, throw, catch and kick return in the same game.

No doubt the Cardinal Oline and QB play have fallen off substantially this year. And, McCaffrey has been nicked up. But, to question his talent is ludicrous.

In a nutshell, Shaw's challenge is very similar to that of CMR: OLine and QB are underperforming. How do you adjust your power scheme to cover up those weaknesses in order to put a decent offense on the field? Neither coach has yet figured it out so far this season.

How ironic that you bring up Reggie Bush. me and my boys used to always argue about who would have a bigger impact on the NFL game, Bush or Hester.

Everyone praised Bush but I saw a gifted athlete on an a great team with an O-line blowing holes open for him. Even on special teams the blocking for Reggie was immaculate.

Then you got Hester who literally made nothing out of something play after play time and time again. It was easy for me to see that Hester had that dogg in him that would make an impact no matter what level he played on.

I had the same argument about Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller.

McCaffrey is a good athlete. Again, ill never take that away from him. But he is a "College all-star" to me. I can't see any part of his game translating to the NFL if he doesn't go to Bill and Josh.

Id be willing to wager anyone who wants to put paypal on it.

Advertisement

How ironic that you bring up Reggie Bush. me and my boys used to always argue about who would have a bigger impact on the NFL game, Bush or Hester.

Everyone praised Bush but I saw a gifted athlete on an a great team with an O-line blowing holes open for him. Even on special teams the blocking for Reggie was immaculate.

Then you got Hester who literally made nothing out of something play after play time and time again. It was easy for me to see that Hester had that dogg in him that would make an impact no matter what level he played on.

McCaffrey is a good athlete. Again, ill never take that away from him. But he is a "College all-star" to me. I can't see any part of his game translating to the NFL if he doesn't go to Bill and Josh.

Dang, I always thought Hester made something out of nothing....

As long as no one bets their account... I'll have [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] flashbacks from the search to hire our head coach.

f3dea057f62e97a52929950408a35623.jpg

you got me. lmfao

So at his last 3 jobs (Arkansas, W Kentucky, Louisville) Petrino's offense finished 91st, 54th, and 53rd in PPG during his first season there.

Good job, Good effort

lol. You do realize the first year is the one that least reflects the talent of a coach right?

So youre basically telling everyone bichin about the playcalling to stfu?

oh ok.

The fact that you were too lazy to look up your own coaches numbers speaks volumes.

Eatin all Petrinos meat.

No. I'm not. Because Richts body of work calling plays as a head coach is mediocre as ****.

Here. 2001 Team Offense | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

scroll from 2001-2006. Besides one season 2002 he hovers around the 50th mark before being forced to give up those duties.

And lol at Petrino's meat. Richt's **** is so far down your throat right now out of fear we made another **** hire you can't even think logically. Either that or you're another ****** perusing these boards.

GTFOH with that drivel!!!

I don't cling too any coach. None. Never have, Never will.

I'm not afraid of UM making another shid hire because it aint another shid hire.

Youre the puss that's afraid to have faith in a good coach because youre the one that's afraid of another shid hire.

Your logic is soo Fuqin flawed.

The same excuse you make for Petrino you won't for your own coach.

Again, how many NC rings does Petrino have as a playcaller?

How many Heisman qbs?

How many NFL Qb's?

Conference Championships?

GTFOH!!

There no logic

I simply posted Petrinos stats as a head coach/player caller and told you to go check out Richts numbers and see if they stack up.

They don't

You wanted facts. I gave them to you. There's very little logic

You're assuming I'm blasting Richt for his first year when Petrino had similar struggles in his first season, when in fact I was comparing both of their entire bodies of work.

Advertisement

View attachment 39811

you got me. lmfao

Just messing with you. I agree with your points though.

lol. You do realize the first year is the one that least reflects the talent of a coach right?

So youre basically telling everyone bichin about the playcalling to stfu?

oh ok.

The fact that you were too lazy to look up your own coaches numbers speaks volumes.

Eatin all Petrinos meat.

No. I'm not. Because Richts body of work calling plays as a head coach is mediocre as ****.

Here. 2001 Team Offense | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

scroll from 2001-2006. Besides one season 2002 he hovers around the 50th mark before being forced to give up those duties.

And lol at Petrino's meat. Richt's **** is so far down your throat right now out of fear we made another **** hire you can't even think logically. Either that or you're another ****** perusing these boards.

GTFOH with that drivel!!!

I don't cling too any coach. None. Never have, Never will.

I'm not afraid of UM making another shid hire because it aint another shid hire.

Youre the puss that's afraid to have faith in a good coach because youre the one that's afraid of another shid hire.

Your logic is soo Fuqin flawed.

The same excuse you make for Petrino you won't for your own coach.

Again, how many NC rings does Petrino have as a playcaller?

How many Heisman qbs?

How many NFL Qb's?

Conference Championships?

GTFOH!!

There no logic

I simply posted Petrinos stats as a head coach/player caller and told you to go check out Richts numbers and see if they stack up.

They don't

You wanted facts. I gave them to you. There's very little logic

You're assuming I'm blasting Richt for his first year when Petrino had similar struggles in his first season, when in fact I was comparing both of their entire bodies of work.

ok, im with you. My, B.

Advertisement
Back