David Shaw calls plays at Stanford....

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...Do you know who has more TDs than Stanford's offense this year? Alabama's defense and STs.

David Shaw's a pretty good offensive mind. But calling your own plays is a tough racket.

Advertisement
He has been calling them for years. He clearly doesn't have the talent to make his scheme successful. I don't think he should scrap his playbook or quit calling plays though.

He knows he isn't hiring anyone that's going to be on his level.

He has been calling them for years. He clearly doesn't have the talent to make his scheme successful. I don't think he should scrap his playbook or quit calling plays though.

LOL. He doesn't have the talent to outscore Alabama's ST and D? With a guy who should have won the Heisman last year and a couple really good WRs? Stanford always has TEs and OL.

You must not be a Stanford fan. They've been wanting him to hand over play calling duties for awhile. Doesn't mean he's a bad playcaller. Just means it's a tough racket for a HC to call plays from the sidelines.

LOL. He doesn't have the talent to outscore Alabama's ST and D? With a guy who should have won the Heisman last year and a couple really good WRs? Stanford always has TEs and OL.

You must not be a Stanford fan. They've been wanting him to hand over play calling duties for awhile. Doesn't mean he's a bad playcaller. Just means it's a tough racket for a HC to call plays from the sidelines.

His Oline is absolutely terrible for the system he likes to run. I've watched more than enough of Stanford this season and they get absolutely no push up front.

It has nothing to do with him calling plays. His play calling has brought them plenty of success before. There is no need for him to hang up his clipboard.

Advertisement

His Oline is absolutely terrible for the system he likes to run. I've watched more than enough of Stanford this season and they get absolutely no push up front.

It has nothing to do with him calling plays. His play calling has brought them plenty of success before. There is no need for him to hang up his clipboard.

Another horrible OL despite Stanford being an OL factory?

Shaw is all power football with Power/man blocking schemes. I've seen him use some pistol at times but that guy is primarily Old school pro sets 12 and 22 personnel and every I formation known to man. lol

...Do you know who has more TDs than Stanford's offense this year? Alabama's defense and STs.

David Shaw's a pretty good offensive mind. But calling your own plays is a tough racket.

standord is the 3rd worst scoring offensive in the nation. 126 of 129 teams. you gotta be kidding me franchise. you have gone off the rails literally.

standord is the 3rd worst scoring offensive in the nation. 126 of 129 teams. you gotta be kidding me franchise. you have gone off the rails literally.

What the fck are you talking about?

Advertisement

youre saying alabama who fields the best defensive talent in the nation scores more than the 3rd worst offense. SHOCKING.

Have all the guys responding in here sustained blunt force head trauma?

How does having a Heisman level player justify Alabama's D and STs outscoring Shaw's offense?

Another horrible OL despite Stanford being an OL factory?

They lost some good players man. They just don't have the hosses to run that level of power football, right now.

It happens.

Advertisement

youre saying alabama who fields the best defensive talent in the nation scores more than the 3rd worst offense. SHOCKING.

Are you insane? You think it's OK for a defense to outscore another team's offense through half a season? Are you really that nuts?

Jimbo Fisher calls the plays at FSU. Larry Fedora calls the plays at UNC. Bobby Petrino calls the plays at Louisville.

What's your point?

How does having a Heisman level player justify Alabama's D and STs outscoring Shaw's offense?

Mcaffrey isn't that good. He was running the holes my grandma could score on. Those holes? They arent there this year, man.

Losing Garnett and Murphy was huge for them.

You just don't easily replace hosses like that man.

Stanford isn't Wisconsin. They were never known for Lineman until Shaw and harbaugh built that rep for them.

LoL at calling them a factory.

Advertisement

Are you insane? You think it's OK for a defense to outscore another team's offense through half a season? Are you really that nuts?

no i think you calling david shaw good is laughable.

Jimbo Fisher calls the plays at FSU. Larry Fedora calls the plays at UNC. Bobby Petrino calls the plays at Louisville.

What's your point?

Fisher's offense is pedestrian when viewed in light of his top 5 recruiting classes every year. If they had a quality OC they'd destroy teams.

UNC has a unique system where they script a lot of their plays including on most early downs. Fedora has never been the playcaller there, so I don't know where you got that info. Their QB coach and OL coach share that duty, and Fedora has some input. Prior to this season, Littrell called the plays there.

Petrino is on an entirely different level. He's known as one of the best playcallers in the history of the sport, and he's said to have a photographic memory. If he was our HC I'd love for him to call plays. Like I said, it's a tough racket, but it's not impossible. Petrino is on a whole different level though.

Mcaffrey isn't that good. He was running the holes my grandma could score on. Those holes? They arent there this year, man.

Losing Garnett and Murphy was huge for them.

You just don't easily replace hosses like that man.

Stanford isn't Wisconsin. They were never known for Lineman until Shaw and harbaugh built that rep for them.

LoL at calling them a factory.

LOL at you not acknowledging that Stanford has been an OL factory. I'm not talking about the fcking Buddy Teevins days. I'm talking Harbaugh/Shaw. They've been an absolute factory there over the last several years.

LOL at McCaffery not being that good.

Fun fact about Christian McCaffrey - he's NEVER scored a touchdown in an away game....in his ENTIRE career at Stanford. Boy would that stud get eaten alive by our *****yy fan base if he played at Miami.

Advertisement
Back