David Cooney

Of course they weren’t. Because the scheme changed and QB play exponentially improved. Talent wins out at that position, especially when you’re given an opportunity to make plays.

People talk **** all the time about Jeff Thomas on this site, and I understand why. But he was open for at least 2 TDs against UF. Had Williams had time to throw (like Burrow did all year) and had Williams put the ball on JT (like Burrow did to his WRs all year) you think the narrative would’ve been a bit different? 2 TDs and 150 yards in a Miami win over UF? But it didn’t happen, so Stubblefield sucks. Makes sense.
Jarren actually did have time to hit jeff on those plays vs uf he just wouldn’t throw deep or didn’t see it because he didn’t even look downfield

Advertisement
....and I’m saying there’s a 99.9% chance that you don’t know who the **** they contacted first about the OC job.
350.png

The more I think about this, the more I think that Diaz doesn't have the luxury of hiring Cooney (or any other first timer) to the WR job. He's on thin ice. He has 1 year to fix this offense or he's getting the boot. He needs to put together the most competent offensive staff possible. Cooney could possibly develop into a fantastic position coach someday, but Diaz needs to be worried about the right-now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A promotion only makes sense if Manny really values Cooney as a recruiter and believes he needs a promotion to avoid him being poached by another staff. If Cooney is elevated, it does permit Manny to replace Cooney's current position with another recruiter, so that's a plus. But I have no idea of Cooney's actual coaching chops. (And I think Ferman makes stuff up too.)

Promote him again just not as an on field coach. I’m sure there are dozens of guys on S Fla coaching staffs that would be able to replace him without making them an on field coach

Who has cooney recruited that’s a #1, #2,WR? Peyton or Redding are studs, did he bring them in? The Ridge guys have been #3-4 quality thus far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His biggest signee was pope? For all his reported "chess not checkers" notoriety that's all he's amounted to? Another one of Pete's giant fizzles.

This move would be dsddcane's dream come true.lol If we had a sliver of hope of bringing hightower back, cooney to WRC would be the permanent door close.
You guys got me all wrong. You think I want to see these boys fail? I'm not coming across right then. I dont ever WANT to see failure here. My issue is filters arent something I do and I call a spade a spade. I've simply said what this is. I hate that my own nephew had to leave here. Really hate it. But I know what he was going through and I'll always support him regardless of where hes at. All that being said i doubt lashlee would be ok with this. If he is than **** be another failed hire. Cause than hes just a beta persona. Need some alphas round here finally. Not someone that leads from ignorance but someone respected and followed due to his strengths.

Bullsh*t, you are wrong. Get better sources . He absolutely was Miami #1 target and that’s a fact

This. Lashlee was the guy , Ferman started absolute lies that didn’t even matchup to time frames. He said bobo and he hadn’t even been fired at Colorado state yet. Then Kelvin Harris took Gary’s diarrhea and spread it as fact.

Dude throws crap out just as match as good info, maybe more.

Advertisement
Back