Dave Clawson

Advertisement
Clawson should be ahead of Mario. Clawson is winning at WAKE FOREST. That's impressive as ****, and he's shown the ability to get the most out of the talent available to him. He should also be the kind of guy that is well within our budget. Get Clawson a raise, give him a budget to do what he needs to do and go from there. He's the kind of hire that won't win the press conference, but Miami would be a competently coached team.

Unfortunately, Miami wouldn't make such a rational hire. If I had a say, I'd hire Wake's AD, AND CLAWSON.

Advertisement
Yeah his north eastern Al Golden like career just screams Miami. Really knows the area, being from NY & having never coached south of Winston-Salem.

Or maybe its that resume. A real who's who of big time schools. Albany, Buffalo, Lehigh, Villanova, Fordham, Richmond, Bowling Green & 1 year running the always powerful Tennessee offense.

Or how about that 136-124 career record & that 3-4 bowl record?

For the love of god, stop falling in love with the flavor of the moment. Last week it was Stoops. Week before that it was the Arkansas coach. I'd like to see more than "won in a down year in the ACC."

We can do better.

Doubt Clawson would take the job in Miami

Doesn't seem like a good fit, either
He knows the limitations of Wake, you make him a compelling offer, and he may be interested. This "Fit" thing is overrated(Jimmy, Dennis and Butch were not "Miami" guys), give me a guy that can get the most out of the talent on the roster and Miami will be in significantly better shape. You get a guy that can maximize the talent available, he will be able to attract better talent, due to WINNING GAMES. As we've seen time and time again, South Florida kids are frontrunners, give them a reason to stay. A competent Miami program does that.

When it looked like Tennessee might hire him their fans were not happy, and they know more than we do about the guy…

Yeah his north eastern Al Golden like career just screams Miami. Really knows the area, being from NY & having never coached south of Winston-Salem.

Or maybe its that resume. A real who's who of big time schools. Albany, Buffalo, Lehigh, Villanova, Fordham, Richmond, Bowling Green & 1 year running the always powerful Tennessee offense.

For the love of god, stop falling in love with the flavor of the moment. Last week it was Stoops. Week before that it was the Arkansas coach. I'd like to see more than "won in a down year in the ACC."

We can do better.
Look at the places where he has coached. Guys that take rebuild jobs tend to have crappier records than guys that land in great situations. He's won at multiple levels, he's won at schools that have little to no football tradition whatsoever.

Advertisement
So he can come and get in line with the last 5!! Fire Blake and all those in leadership #wegressionU

Advertisement

We can do better.
He’s a good coach that hires good coordinators. That’s a great characteristic… but i don’t think he’s would take the miami job for similar money. We’d have to pay him $5-6 million in my opinion. He’s not a great fit based on my time around him when I went to his coaching clinics for several years.

Former players and fans always talk about the ‘fit’ and how Miami is different.. idk what to believe but if it’s legit.. I think Clawson definitely falls in the doesn’t fit category

Advertisement
Should be the hire if it’s not Mario. That is all. It makes the most sense. Does the most with less and is already at a school with academic requirements.
Why do yall put yourselves through this Mario not it smdh when are we gonna learn about this fools gold thing.. stoops clawson are bust

He’s a good coach that hires good coordinators. That’s a great characteristic… but i don’t think he’s would take the miami job for similar money. We’d have to pay him $5-6 million in my opinion. He’s not a great fit based on my time around him when I went to his coaching clinics for several years.

Former players and fans always talk about the ‘fit’ and how Miami is different.. idk what to believe but if it’s legit.. I think Clawson definitely falls in the doesn’t fit category

Wake is different. It’s a school where no top players want to go. This guy makes chicken salad out of chicken 💩. Imagine if he got actual talent? Look at James Franklin at penn state when he was at Vandy. Vandy is def a different beast then penn state and he’s doing just fine. I want a coach who develops guys plus he’s already beating teams in the conference we are playing in.

Advertisement
Back