Daryl Porter

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
I thought he played very well against A&M. Had a big stop on 3rd down to force a field goal in the first. I know the WR bailed us out but if Porter doesn’t get that stop maybe it becomes 14-0 and who knows what happens after that.

I expect him to keep that starting job going forward.

Advertisement
1694481963887.png

I thought Davonte had locked up the starting outside spot?

Advertisement
I pointed that same play out in my recap, Stewart had like 5 yards of clear green grass & just started jazzercising lol

DP Jr made a great heads up play & closed out quick to force the 4th down which lead to a FG.

He also had a very nice re-route against Noah Thomas.

He’s the most technically sound & cleanest cover Corner we have.

Last edited:
I thought he played very well against A&M. Had a big stop on 3rd down to force a field goal in the first. I know the WR bailed us out but if Porter doesn’t get that stop maybe it becomes 14-0 and who knows what happens after that.

I expect him to keep that starting job going forward.
Pirates Of The Caribbean Agree GIF

He’s a good player. Consistently in the right position & has sound technique. Also has underrated athleticism.

Frankly never understood people who **** on him.

He plays a difficult & extremely competitive position. Sometimes your opponent will make a play, but I don’t see this cat getting clowned on the reg imo.

Advertisement
I pointed that same play out in my recap, Stewart had like 5 yards of clear green grass & just started jazzersizing lol

DP Jr made a great heads up play & closed out quick to force the 4th down which lead to a FG.

He also had a very nice re-route against Noah Thomas.

He’s the most technically sound & cleanest cover Corner we have.

When i tried to tell em bout my boy DP Jr theyw asnt trying to hear it.

He's a really really solid player and very smart.

They actually got some "smart
technical dbs in Davis, DP Jr and even a young Richard moving forward.

Give me two of those guys a class over the ATHLETE TYPE...that just plays deep third and one covg all year.

In this class..RYAN MACK seems to be the similar trajectory to DP Jr and Davis.

Advertisement
I thought the Vandy guy had a spot locked down. Figured our top 3 would be Richard, Brown, and Davis. With Porter and Couch rotating.
From what I heard started camp ballin, then kinda fell off.. Wasnt as consistent.. Still a young player, sometimes moving back n forth between positions before having one locked down can actually set you back.. When being "versatile" works against you..

Also Porter is another who doesnt get much love for whatever reason I guess cuz he soo quiet like cohen just doin work..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back