Daryl Porter

Advertisement
It’s a little weird how 7 was the only sure fire starter at CB 2 weeks into Fall Camp and now seems to be the 4th Corner right now. Doesn’t seem to be playing with much confidence right now

It’s a little weird how 7 was the only sure fire starter at CB 2 weeks into Fall Camp and now seems to be the 4th Corner right now. Doesn’t seem to be playing with much confidence right now
Long season and we'll need him...hopefully he gets that juice back...

Advertisement
I pointed that same play out in my recap, Stewart had like 5 yards of clear green grass & just started jazzercising lol

DP Jr made a great heads up play & closed out quick to force the 4th down which lead to a FG.

He also had a very nice re-route against Noah Thomas.

He’s the most technically sound & cleanest cover Corner we have.
When Stewart caught that ball and danced, he looked like Irene Cara what a feeling.

Was very impressed with him, and Jaden Davis.

But god**** our best corners are tiny lol. Phenomenal job getting physical with A&M’s WRs.

I'm sure there's credit due to Addae for development of some of it but Guidry has good DBs everywhere he goes.

Porter, Davis, Williams, Kinchens, and the +1 of the Brown bros, Couch, Richard, etc. is starting to look like a really good ACC secondary... which I thought was the weakness of our team. If that's not the case, we may challenge for more than I thought was possible. We even somewhat held in check the guy from Miami Ohio that just went for almost 300 yards against UMass. He's elite.

Those WRs are good and our DBs pretty much blanketing them until garbage time, the tackling on the back end, and the elite communication is the one area I have no doubt is a great sign. Also, Weigman is a gunslinger and he's tough. We lit him up all night and even got some late ones in. A&M may not be very good again this year but they'll sling it and score points.

I'm sure there's credit due to Addae for development of some of it but Guidry has good DBs everywhere he goes.

Porter, Davis, Williams, Kinchens, and the +1 of the Brown bros, Couch, Richard, etc. is starting to look like a really good ACC secondary... which I thought was the weakness of our team. If that's not the case, we may challenge for more than I thought was possible. We even somewhat held in check the guy from Miami Ohio that just went for almost 300 yards against UMass. He's elite.

Those WRs are good and our DBs pretty much blanketing them until garbage time, the tackling on the back end, and the elite communication is the one area I have no doubt is a great sign. Also, Weigman is a gunslinger and he's tough. We lit him up all night and even got some late ones in. A&M may not be very good again this year but they'll sling it and score points.
Addae has good dbs everywhere he goes too though

Advertisement

Got any thoughts on who might be responsible for the drastic change in tackling?

Addae has good dbs everywhere he goes too though
Also true. He landed some studs at WVU and then obviously Georgia - didn't get credit there because of Smart and Muschamp who also always have good DBs.

Got any thoughts on who might be responsible for the drastic change in tackling?
Lot of factors.
1. Better players from the portal at corner and LB
2. Guidry and Nicholson coaching returning guys more effectively
3. Guidry's scheme. Guys are in better position and playing faster. A lot easier to tackle when you're close to the ball and already working upfield. You see the product Steele is putting on the field at Bama. Looks eerily similar. Busted passing lanes, dudes running free, guys on their heels.

im curious to see how Robert Stafford develops.

Another difference with Guidry and Steele is giudry is young and hungry.

Advertisement
im curious to see how Robert Stafford develops.

Another difference with Guidry and Steele is giudry is young and hungry.
Agree on Stafford. I also like the juco kid. I think he'll be good in the future. Not sure of his injury status yet.

I pointed that same play out in my recap, Stewart had like 5 yards of clear green grass & just started jazzercising lol

DP Jr made a great heads up play & closed out quick to force the 4th down which lead to a FG.

Opponents have just three completions in eight targets against him, for 21 yards. That’s a 47.8 passer rating in his coverage area.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article278141747.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement

this @Memnon guy might know a thing or two... :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back