Daryl Porter

Advertisement
Advertisement
This defense is made of apple cores, Chinese newspaper, and recycled dental floss. The only thing holding it together is the analyst team of Ed Orgeron and Tommy Tuberville [wipes sweaty forehead].

Last edited:
Advertisement
DP 2 came over from WV with a solid reputation from what I remember. He was no bum at WV. So him being our best CB isnt a huge surprise. This isnt a Jaden Davis situation where nobody saw this coming.

That said, Evan Stewart is the best WR our on schedule and he had a pretty good game against our secondary. We still got Keon Coleman on the docket in November. Their is no WR on Clemson that causes me to lose sleep. And UNC just always gives us issues. So there is alot of football left to play BUT the boys are holding up pretty well so far. Lets hope Kam is back by UNC.

Advertisement
The passing numbers aren't as bad as many of yall think.

We're not elite in the secondary, I think we all know that. But the overall numbers are skewed because we are facing 40 passes a game. That's 124th in the country...meaning only 9 teams have faced more passes per game than we have.

Why? Well, you can't run for ****. So what are you gonna do? And more importantly, our offense is ROLLING, so when you're losing in the 2nd half, you're gonna throw the ball.

But we are 30th in opponents completion percentage allowed, 37th in yards per attempt allowed, and 30th in passer rating allowed. We've allowed 3 passing TDs in 3 games. Last year we allowed 19 in 11 games. We were also 117th in the country in yards per attempt allowed....that's up 80 ******* spots so far.

We'll see what happens against Maye and Travis, but the passing defense isn't quite as bad as you might think just looking at raw yards allowed. We do need to do a better job of getting the opposing QB on the ground, however. We aren't getting enough pressure or sacks, which obviously helps the DBs tremendously.

Advertisement
DP 2 came over from WV with a solid reputation from what I remember. He was no bum at WV. So him being our best CB isnt a huge surprise. This isnt a Jaden Davis situation where nobody saw this coming.

That said, Evan Stewart is the best WR our on schedule and he had a pretty good game against our secondary. We still got Keon Coleman on the docket in November. Their is no WR on Clemson that causes me to lose sleep. And UNC just always gives us issues. So there is alot of football left to play BUT the boys are holding up pretty well so far. Lets hope Kam is back by UNC.

Evan Stewart had 7 catches for 45yds before the last 2 drives when we were playing a soft shell coverage.

We're not elite in the secondary, I think we all know that. But the overall numbers are skewed because we are facing 40 passes a game. That's 124th in the country...meaning only 9 teams have faced more passes per game than we have.

Why? Well, you can't run for ****. So what are you gonna do? And more importantly, our offense is ROLLING, so when you're losing in the 2nd half, you're gonna throw the ball.

But we are 30th in opponents completion percentage allowed, 37th in yards per attempt allowed, and 30th in passer rating allowed. We've allowed 3 passing TDs in 3 games. Last year we allowed 19 in 11 games. We were also 117th in the country in yards per attempt allowed....that's up 80 ******* spots so far.

We'll see what happens against Maye and Travis, but the passing defense isn't quite as bad as you might think just looking at raw yards allowed. We do need to do a better job of getting the opposing QB on the ground, however. We aren't getting enough pressure or sacks, which obviously helps the DBs tremendously.
Good perspective

I need to check this but to me it feels like most of the yards are being given up in the middle of the field.. Big chunk plays underneath where the LBs and safeties (and sometimes DEs dropping) are supposed to fill.

True. Like we were playing extremely soft at the end of the A&M game when all they did was pass. At least we didn't get beat on a wheel route lol.

Advertisement
Back