Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Saw Lil' Porter tonight at Quarterdeck in Sawgrass, with Dante Culpepper of all people. (who now looks like a Defensive Tackle)
Looks like they were celebrating him coming back home. People were congratulating him.

SIDENOTE: That Quarterdeck attracts all kinds of former athletes. Patrick Surtain, Daryl Porter, Khajana Carter, OJ McDuffie, Dante Culpepper, etc. There's always somebody in there. Lots of other "talent" walking around that establishment as well. It's a low key gold mine.

They have about 3 more weeks until the new Flanigan's in Sawgrass opens up and annihilates them though.
It must be the extra wide chairs they have over there. The EX NFL players love it.

Advertisement
Wow someone changed their name? Why I need the back story lol
LMAO!!! @JZCane0825 got so embarrassed because he slurped Manny so hard. He changed his name so that he wouldn't get called out. Not only did he change his name, but he changed his avatar to an anti manny avatar lmao. He made the mistake of whining to me exactly how his old username used to whine. So it was easy to figure out who he was. Lets see if he is man enough to tell you who he is, because you remember him. He was one of the big 4 Manny slurpers. IDK if the mods will ban me for exposing him, so I will tell you off the board if he doesn't want to come clean

Saw Lil' Porter tonight at Quarterdeck in Sawgrass, with Dante Culpepper of all people. (who now looks like a Defensive Tackle)
Looks like they were celebrating him coming back home. People were congratulating him.

SIDENOTE: That Quarterdeck attracts all kinds of former athletes. Patrick Surtain, Daryl Porter, Khajana Carter, OJ McDuffie, Dante Culpepper, etc. There's always somebody in there. Lots of other "talent" walking around that establishment as well. It's a low key gold mine.

They have about 3 more weeks until the new Flanigan's in Sawgrass opens up and annihilates them though.
Ok so 5’9 or 5’11?

I rarely agree with you but I'm with you on this...

These dudes are some weird *** miserable motha ****azzz.

If a player isn't an all American they suck. Simple as that.

These cats have no clue how to evaluate talent or lack thereof.

No clue how to look at a players physical attributes and see if he's being put in the best position to succeed by his coaches before casting judgment.

Then the fact they call themselves "fans" is the worst part about it.

Nesta already spoke on CIS so we know all them boys be reading what the fans think of them.

It really sucks knowing you've had no leadership and the coaches have left you out to dry only to go check and see what the fans think and they're all " fuq his fat ***.. he trash"

Blades gets sick as **** and had to fight for his health and comes here to read fans shytting on em...

Smfh...

I will always be hard on coaches... coaches get 90% of my criticism.

It's their job to turn **** to sugar. So get it done.

Never going to **** on players our coaches recruited and begged to come here but couldn't squeeze the potential out of them.

Never would I blame or condemn a player for that

At the end, when you look at Nesta’s numbers to his Junior and Senior seasons, statistically, he is much closer to Johnathan Ford than he is to Gerald Willis’s (who only played one season).

Show me actual evidence that his production at Miami isn’t JAG status. Show me what bigger contribution he has contributed to this program besides publicly calling Miami “the crib.”

Advertisement
Stevenson and Porter Jr. give us two legitimate P5 starting corners with varying degrees of pro upside and Porter's presence moves everyone else on the roster into a proper position or limit their snaps to hopefully get the best out of them in a lighter workload.

DJ Ivey had "good games" (via PFF) when he was only thrown on 2-3 times.

Advertisement
shameLMAO!!! @JZCane0825 got so embarrassed because he slurped Manny so hard. He changed his name so that he wouldn't get called out. Not only did he change his name, but he changed his avatar to an anti manny avatar lmao. He made the mistake of whining to me exactly how his old username used to whine. So it was easy to figure out who he was. Lets see if he is man enough to tell you who he is, because you remember him. He was one of the big 4 Manny slurpers. IDK if the mods will ban me for exposing him, so I will tell you off the board if he doesn't want to come clean
Now I’m intrigued. Is he on the slurper rollcall thread?
Embarrassed Shame GIF

At the end, when you look at Nesta’s numbers to his Junior and Senior seasons, statistically, he is much closer to Johnathan Ford than he is to Gerald Willis’s (who only played one season).

Show me actual evidence that his production at Miami isn’t JAG status. Show me what bigger contribution he has contributed to this program besides publicly calling Miami “the crib.”
Bruh. I'm not going to argue with you. **** on the players all you want. It obviously makes you feel like a great fan. Do you.

This is silly. Miami begged and recruited that man to play here. He gave it his all. He played with heart.

For that I respect him. Nothing more nothing less.

I blame the coaches for not using what HE CAN DO in a way to benefit the team.

Advertisement
Bruh. I'm not going to argue with you. **** on the players all you want. It obviously makes you feel like a great fan. Do you.

This is silly. Miami begged and recruited that man to play here. He gave it his all. He played with heart.

For that I respect him. Nothing more nothing less.

I blame the coaches for not using what HE CAN DO in a way to benefit the team.
So how should they have used Nesta?

That is a much more difficult thing to do. As I have said numerous times. Anyone who has ever done any hiring in their life can tell when someone is not cut out for the job. In order to pick out a good coach you need to be a great football mind. I am not a great football mind. I readily admit it. But I can spot someone not fit for the job with ease.
Well there's the problem. it seems you have nothing good to say about any coaches but *****, complain and say I told you so if they don't work out. So you come off as just another whiny troll. I've had my own business, hired a lot of people and obviously not all worked out but there were good and bad involved in every hire. I can honestly say that every coach we've hired going all the way back to JJ had plusses and minuses coming in and if you can't see both sides your useless to the discussion. Just so we're clear "I told you so" isn't being useful to the discussion.

Your post reminded me of an Underrated comment made by Eric Lindross at the ESPY’s a few years back.

“There is some serious talent in this room tonight…. And some pretty good athletes as well.”

Solid hockey player line from Eric.

Advertisement
So how should they have used Nesta?

It's a team sport. His sum is a part of a whole. Everyone should have been used differently and in turn the defense looks better as a unit.

Less zone blitzes, less DE/DT TWIST stunts, allowing Ivey to actual put his hands on a receiver and no free releases.

Playing assignment football and using true gap responsibility and not just " get upfield and create chaos."

Gerald and Mcintosh weren't your average Dtackle and those special athletes don't come around that often. They covered holes in Mannys defense and made it look better than it actually was.

Manny tones down all the "exotic" blitzing and play more base defense with discipline and all the players look better.

Allow Nesta to eat up blockers and keep the linebackers fresh and not try to turn him into something he's not. He's no Warren Sapp but he's stout at the point of attack and has a good bullrush.

We negated most of his impact by doing stunts and blitzes that put gaping holes in the defense.

So it didn't matter if he abused the guard. The running back is running the opposite way for a TD and it looks like everyone sucks.

LMAO!!! @JZCane0825 got so embarrassed because he slurped Manny so hard. He changed his name so that he wouldn't get called out. Not only did he change his name, but he changed his avatar to an anti manny avatar lmao. He made the mistake of whining to me exactly how his old username used to whine. So it was easy to figure out who he was. Lets see if he is man enough to tell you who he is, because you remember him. He was one of the big 4 Manny slurpers. IDK if the mods will ban me for exposing him, so I will tell you off the board if he doesn't want to come clean
What the **** are you talking about LOL

What the **** are you talking about LOL
You know exactly what I am talking about. You slurped Manny for years. When it was clear you were on the wrong side of history, you made a new account with a avatar mocking Manny to try and hide yourself. Then when you posted in the Texas thread about where you were from you really outed yourself(I already knew who you where though)

Your post reminded me of an Underrated comment made by Eric Lindross at the ESPY’s a few years back.

“There is some serious talent in this room tonight…. And some pretty good athletes as well.”

Solid hockey player line from Eric.
Lindross was my guy. Loved his game. Went out on his sword too. That's one tough SOB.

Advertisement
Back