Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Why wouldn't we get a fair unbiased opinion? Do you have a reputation for being irrational?
It wouldn't be fair or unbiased because the board is incredibly biased to our new hires every single time. I have a history of being very rational. I got blasted every single time. I was an early disliker of Rumphs recruiting. Got blasted for it. I didn't like the Richt hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Manny hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Patke hire to fill the new coaching position. Got blasted. Didn't like the Banda promotion got blasted for it. Then as time went on, it turned out I was correct and the biases board was incorrect.

Advertisement
And here's the rub: you feel Porter's 'clearly a talented cb', while another feels he's comparable to Couch. I was somewhat surprised with the take because of the size profile being similar to Couch and Clarke while the perceived need is for a starter opposite Stephenson. I've attempted a couple times to elicit responses from resident experts in regards to assessing Porter' s skills and/or comparing him to other portal CB's this cycle.
I gather the staff feels there's enough talent, as well as, and maybe in addition to other potential benefits from this take. It's possible that all factors need to be taken into account regarding this matter.
The point is, I feel he's clearly a talented CB BECAUSE we've got a nationally recognized top notch CB coach, other experienced, high quality defensive coaches and analysts, and a PFF analysis which all say he's talented. That carries weight over my, or any other fan's, mostly uninformed and amateurish analysis of a little bit of film.

As far as size, being the same size as Couch or Clarke doesn't speak to talent level. Thus far Couch has been very inconsistent and regressed after flashing occasionally his first year. Clarke has looked lost in coverage, but has had limited playing time so could still develop. Regardless, our CB room is very shallow, and a staff full of experts feel adding Porter was a good move to make, be it as a starter or substantial contributor. I trust their opinions over random fans.

It wouldn't be fair or unbiased because the board is incredibly biased to our new hires every single time. I have a history of being very rational. I got blasted every single time. I was an early disliker of Rumphs recruiting. Got blasted for it. I didn't like the Richt hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Manny hire. Got blasted for it. Didn't like the Patke hire to fill the new coaching position. Got blasted. Didn't like the Banda promotion got blasted for it. Then as time went on, it turned out I was correct and the biases board was incorrect.
I edited the post you quoted here. Go read again please.

...a legend in his own mind.

Advertisement
I would have preferred DJ James, and some other portal CBs over this guy...but he's pretty good and should start for us.

If he's Dee Delaney level, we're fine.
Exactly. No one is saying he's the best available or a superstar. But he's a good addition to a very thin CB room. The fact that top defensive coaches like Addae and Steele obviously feel that way certainly makes me happy we got him.

Advertisement
If you criticize **** near everything about a program you will be right about a few things. No team is perfect so the odds dictate some takes will be correct. The problem is you ONLY come on here with your dislikes. You literally like nothing. Thats probably the reason you always get blasted.

Hey, feel free to dislike away its a free board. At least your passionate about your dislikes, thats better than being indifferent. Just don't expect people to take you seriously if there is no balance to your opinions.

I get where @OriginalGatorHater is coming from. I felt the same way about Manny as he does about Mario. When you dislike a coach on that level, really isn’t much (outside of winning big) that will change that persons mind.

That fact that we have fans that defend obvious trolls like @OriginalGatorHater , a mope who's Gator247 handle has been out on here, is pretty sad.

If Mario would have taken the UF job, he'd be taunting us every day about what a great coach his Gators got. Don't be naive, he doesnt feel a certain way about Mario. Actually I guarantee he gets night sweats fearing what Mario can do here

If you criticize **** near everything about a program you will be right about a few things. No team is perfect so the odds dictate some takes will be correct. The problem is you ONLY come on here with your dislikes. You literally like nothing. Thats probably the reason you always get blasted.

Hey, feel free to dislike away its a free board. At least your passionate about your dislikes, thats better than being indifferent. Just don't expect people to take you seriously if there is no balance to your opinions.
That is false. There haven't been any hires I was really vocally against that turned out to be good hires. This isn't a case of "throw enough **** at the wall, some will hit".

Not only that but I have defended our players and our school tons of times on here. I have been kicked out of threads tons of time for defending our academic prestige when people where trying to say the Gaytes are better academically or FSU is catching up etc.

That fact that we have fans that defend obvious trolls like @OriginalGatorHater , a mope who's Gator247 handle has been out on here, is pretty sad.

If Mario would have taken the UF job, he'd be taunting us every day about what a great coach his Gators got. Don't be naive, he doesnt feel a certain way about Mario. Actually I guarantee he gets night sweats fearing what Mario can do here
Why don't you post proof of my gator247 handle, since you always claim to have it.

Advertisement
No one is saying you can't have an opinion. Just pointing out your non-expert, limited knowledge opinion carries FAR less weight than the opinions of top coaches who have coached top players at that position. Top coaches and analysts who watched the same film you did and came away with a very different opinion than you. No one is saying he's a sure superstar. But he's clearly a talented CB who can come in and bolster a very weak CB room as either a starter or key backup.
You don’t know what my knowledge is so u can’t say it’s limited

OriginalCaneHater working overtime. Don’t feed the trolls guys.
Seeing the argument go back and forth got lots of us like 🤐. But most of us aren't delusional, we know Mario leaves a bit to be desired as a game day coach but a corch ? Corches don't win their conferences twice & cuck Ohio State in their own house. And calling Mario a good recruiter is bordering on asinine, dude is elite I'm that category, with proven tangible evidence to support it. Who knows to what level he'll take us, but the hire was a big time move in every way and both the fans & haters alike tend to agree on the potential Mario brings to us as a program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back