Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Those stats are useless. The kid played in 2 different systems. Last season he played in a soft zone. Sound familiar to anyone? He looked much better the season before. I don't expect him to be a shutdown CB, but I will gladly take him. I want another transfer CB after Spring. We need front 7 pressure this season to help these DB's.

bat signal?

I wish he could get a different GIF for these posts, I mean there is nothing like seeing The Almighty U running through the smoke but when I see that fat tub of lard former supposedly S&C coach running out with them, makes me want to heave.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your hatred of Mario borders on pathological. First you attempt to downplay him by saying he's an "above average" recruiter when he's widely acknowledged as one of the elites....who has also surrounded himself with other elite recruiters here. Even if he "sucks" at gameday coaching, he has assembled a very high level staff of coordinators and position coaches to assist with that. Butch Davis used the same formula and was quite successful.
I have no hatred for Mario. I just call it like I see it. He is an above average recruiter with poor game day coaching. Butch recruited the greatest team of all time. Mario barely cracked the top 10 of talent in the league. He is nowhere near the recruiter Butch was. I am not going to get into a back and forth with you about this. I have said numerous times what I think of Mario. None of it is "hatred". I just give an honest assessment. People just can't take off the tinted glasses. The guys that think Mario is an elite coach are just like the Gaytes that think Napier is a GOAT or the Noles that think Cornrows is elite.

What has he proven? was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns. Those numbers don’t impress me
Well, he got accolades from PFF based on his grading, and Addae and our other accomplished, expert defensive coaches were very quick to show interest. I'd say that carries FAR more weight than what impresses YOU.

Advertisement
I have no hatred for Mario. I just call it like I see it. He is an above average recruiter with poor game day coaching. Butch recruited the greatest team of all time. Mario barely cracked the top 10 of talent in the league. He is nowhere near the recruiter Butch was. I am not going to get into a back and forth with you about this. I have said numerous times what I think of Mario. None of it is "hatred". I just give an honest assessment. People just can't take off the tinted glasses. The guys that think Mario is an elite coach are just like the Gaytes that think Napier is a GOAT or the Noles that think Cornrows is elite.
Just curious, are there a few things you do happen to like about the football team or even the University of Miami in general?

What has he proven? was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns. Those numbers don’t impress me
What does this even mean in a vacuum?

I don't have a PFF subscription so I can't measure this, but just out of curiosity I googled Derek Stingley and he had 69 targets and allowed 29 catches (FR season). So what does that mean?! That QBs looked less in Porter's direction than Stingley? Does that mean Porter's coverage is better? C'mon.

The point is, I have no f*in idea and neither do you. I have watched :00 of this kid's play. I suspect few here have watched him either. I can't understand why we're singling out measurables or stats to downgrade him w/out having watched him play.

He might be a starter here. He might not. He may be good. He may not be. But can we stop speculating until we can actually watch him on game day?

You find something to whine and criticize about everything. You are a miserable person. Mario is considered a top recruiter by pretty much everyone that matters, the experts, which leaves you out. So he didn't have a top 10 class...at Oregon, a school that has to reach far and wide to find talent...so what? You whined and questioned the hiring of an accomplished, respected DC who had just been in the NFL coaching linebackers, as our linebacker coach. You whine just to whine.

Advertisement
You find something to whine and criticize about everything. You are a miserable person. Mario is considered a top recruiter by pretty much everyone that matters, the experts, which leaves you out. So he didn't have a top 10 class...at Oregon, a school that has to reach far and wide to find talent...so what? You whined and questioned the hiring of an accomplished, respected DC who had just been in the NFL coaching linebackers, as our linebacker coach. You whine just to whine.
I don't whine just to whine. I speak facts. People don't like to hear those facts. I said my part. We can discuss this in a couple years when your "he was at Oregon of course he can't win anything" excuse has been put to rest.

What does this even mean in a vacuum?

I don't have a PFF subscription so I can't measure this, but just out of curiosity I googled Derek Stingley and he had 69 targets and allowed 29 catches (FR season). So what does that mean?! That QBs looked less in Porter's direction than Stingley? Does that mean Porter's coverage is better? C'mon.

The point is, I have no f*in idea and neither do you. I have watched :00 of this kid's play. I suspect few here have watched him either. I can't understand why we're singling out measurables or stats to downgrade him w/out having watched him play.

He might be a starter here. He might not. He may be good. He may not be. But can we stop speculating until we can actually watch him on game day?
20220108_215455.gif

Advertisement
LOL. I realize all we do here is speculate-me included-but I can't comprehend why folks seem so unhappy about a portal player picking us?
Always perplexing.

Point out an obvious observation, pose a genuine question, and the muppet gaggle bangs on their keyboards in their Iron Man underoos not grasping the massive difference between their perception of self vs the reality of how small and disregarded they are by all around them.

Last edited:
Well, he got accolades from PFF based on his grading, and Addae and our other accomplished, expert defensive coaches were very quick to show interest. I'd say that carries FAR more weight than what impresses YOU.
Yea cause coaches are never wrong

Advertisement
Back