Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Vern is actually a Canes fan, he just normally likes to be the contrarian Devil’s advocate because normally when everyone is saying something is good he will make the opposite take in order to have balance on the board so we’re not a complete echo chamber...

Which is actually a good thing, that’s why you can’t get mad at him because it’s a necessary evil lol.
Vern is a Nole4Life

We got a dude who played VERY well within a pass happy conference. Nothing he will see in the ACC should scare him. He also fills a need. He plays with an attitude that we desperately need.
He snubbed a hated Rival for us which is a double positive. He probably would have given us fits for a couple years in Trailerhasee. Glad he is on our side an not theirs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@blackvern

This is the 2nd showdown for @Boarcane on the same day!!

View attachment 178582
Vern was exposed years ago. The only people on here that put up with that troll know him personally. He’s a nole. I do respect his passion and ability to cause chaos back in the day. The “bleak visions” threads are memorable. Like his noles, they had their day. That too has passed

Have you seen him in person or going off hearsay? He's stretching with 5'9 Kahlil Herbert on that twitter clip both look very close to the same height to me....
What I'm saying is people are using his HS height to say he's only 5'9", as if he couldn't grow, which is nonsense. I'm not saying his HS listed height was accurate, maybe he really is only 5'9" now and was 5'7" then, but that's not the argument that poster was making. Regardless, the kid has proven skills at a position we are lacking in, so at the very least he'll be quality depth, if not a starter.

Sorry I am late on these, friends…. Not for work!!

1645810565189.gif

1645810695259.gif

1645810732485.gif

1645810913672.gif

1645811029066.gif

1645811166493.gif

1645811204318.gif

1645811239460.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
What I'm saying is people are using his HS height to say he's only 5'9", as if he couldn't grow, which is nonsense. I'm not saying his HS listed height was accurate, maybe he really is only 5'9" now and was 5'7" then, but that's not the argument that poster was making. Regardless, the kid has proven skills at a position we are lacking in, so at the very least he'll be quality depth, if not a starter.
What has he proven? was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns. Those numbers don’t impress me

Advertisement
I have a feeling based on some posts I’m ready that there are some people on this board who to this day STILL wouldn’t have taken Asante Samuel JRs commitment because he was 5’9 165. Smh. Are we still doing this height thing yet again?

And for people defending Blades..that fine and all but he hasn’t shown anything in 2 years. Let’s pump the breaks a little. Let’s see what he brings in the Spring. I’m not depending on him for yet another year only to be disappointed.

Porter Jr is a great addition. You can’t debate that. Nobody in that CB room will be given anything. There is competition coming.
Just because your 5'9 doesn't mean u can't stick to wr and make it tough for a QB to throw them open. Take...........he will be inserted opposite T2. This tells u what the staff thinks of the corners and I felt the same way for a long time. Especially the DL not being that great they will have to cover for a good while. I hope Blades proves me wrong but him and Ivey never did it for me in terms of HS tape.....but Blades over Ivey all day. Anyone over Ivey

What really impressed me watching the two Bama-Georgia games was how those teams' DBs dropped runners/receivers dead in their tracks with first, and almost always immediate, contact. Like night and day with watching our DBs play too far off, take bad angles, get run over and/or miss tackles, etc.
Closing speed does that. The minute bama lost there super star wrs that game was over. I don't think we have anyone in the secondary with super closing speed besides JW and TS. Those guys stop u immediatley most of the time.

What has he proven? was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns. Those numbers don’t impress me
Keep in mind of the conference he was playing in. Those are teams are passing much more than running. Again, Those numbers aren't the greatest, but who else can we possibly get right now? Smith maybe, but right now, we got Porter of the two. And don't forget, this was Porter's first year playing. He has 2-3 years to improve.

He's next best choice was ASU which is a sinking ship, while not doing **** at Miami, so how is my opinion ridiculous? Good players are in the NFL at this point of their careers or transferring to a better situation. He's going backwards, and it isn't because he's really good...
Better word for those snow flakes are....Nesta wasn't true Miami DT expectations from our elite DT room of the past. If he went to bama UGA Clemson and those guys wanted him then he was a huge get. Valid point bruh but u can't say they suck cause people get emotional. He was a bull rusher with trex arms that played hard and had heart. But that's not going to get u to the league. I do appreciate he came here instead of UF though. Appreciate him playing hard too but possibly not starting NFL material. That's just what it is

Advertisement
Back