Darrion Owens

U

User-4525

From the words of his coach to the glorious canesinsight recruiting board

"Ya boy Darrion just stepped on the scale with only a pair of shorts on and tennis shoes and weighed 226.3"

Advertisement
I've been so mind f*cked the last 3 weeks that I didn't even want to open this thread for fear of what I might read about my favorite recruit.

Advertisement
I wonder how much time he and others will actually get as true freshman.

Figs came in early, impressed in the spring, has the size, speed and aggressiveness to play LB yet hasn't done jack sh*t.

Burns is pretty good but not great, we all thought he would seize a position by this time. McCord still hasn't turned the corner in year 2.

AQM (see McCord) little to no difference when he is in the game (just being honest).

Carter can't even beat out Highsmith and get onto the field besides on ST's.

It's very difficult to get used to the speed of the game and grasp the scheme of a college system for a freshman.

Even our JUCO's and 5th yr senior transfers aren't doing much of anything of note.

Add in the fact that our coaching staff are not doing a good job effectively coaching up our kids and you can see the problem.

I hope I'm wrong but I've seen this movie before.

Last edited:
Think about the FIGS transition:

-came in the spring, looked awesome

-summer still looked awesome

-fall, didnt look as awesome

-now, rarely sees the field/injured.

Thanks,
1.jpe

Advertisement

It could be because of Doritos, but I think it's more of him "hitting the wall". A lot of freshmen go through it, Figs is no different.

It could be because of Doritos, but I think it's more of him "hitting the wall". A lot of freshmen go through it, Figs is no different.

Yeah that's true, but I just like to blame that *******.

Did Figs hit the wall in week 2? Haven't really seen him this year aside from the first game or 2 after being the star of pre-season practices.

Advertisement
From the words of his coach to the glorious canesinsight recruiting board

"Ya boy Darrion just stepped on the scale with only a pair of shorts on and tennis shoes and weighed 226.3"

****, now that's what I am talking about...!

EE makes it phenomenal.

I see a "Alex Figueroa" situation here. This kid is coming in with WAY too much hype. I like him and all and I think he can develop into a beast but I think we are setting him up for failure.

Advertisement
I see a "Alex Figueroa" situation here. This kid is coming in with WAY too much hype. I like him and all and I think he can develop into a beast but I think we are setting him up for failure.

No doubt the Figs hype train was a bit of comedic effect though too, you have to admit that.

As far as his play, I would take the same type of contributions from Owens next year in a heartbeat. Figs has made several impact plays as a true frosh. Sure he is out now, probably due to his ridiculously ruthless playing style, but I would view his season as a success.

Owens has one of the best LB highlight reels I have seen this year so we will see what we got, but I'm excited.

JHallCanes, I agree on all points. You got guys on here questioning Figs ability now because he couldnt beat out Armbrister and Cornelius. I just want the board to get back to giving these kids time to develop. Sure, there are gonna be a few "Stacey Coleys" in every class. But a kid shouldnt be thrown to the wolves if he cant help us as a T-Fr. Which in this class I really only REALISTICLY see a few kids being able to do. (CThomas, Valentine, Yearby, Wyche, KC, Owens, Griffin, Lockley) And thats it IMO as far as the committed prospects. We get JC and you can throw him in that group along with any JUCO DTs we get. Everyone else should really catch a RS.

Advertisement
Back