Darrion Owens

Advertisement
Everyone is frustrated including myself. Lets relax a bit on the production, or the lack for a freshman! Come on, we all want the same thing. For our beloved Canes to be great! Lets give these kids props for working hard and at the same time they continue to get better.

Also, lets not forget that for all these kids, they will get extra couple of weeks worth of practice because we are finally going to a bowl game! No, it doesn't solve all the issues around here but it does help. And think about all the extra practices the sophomores and juniors have missed the last two years...

All the little things add up...

Think about the FIGS transition:

-came in the spring, looked awesome

-summer still looked awesome

-fall, didnt look as awesome

-now, rarely sees the field/injured.

It could be because of Doritos, but I think it's more of him "hitting the wall". A lot of freshmen go through it, Figs is no different.

Yeah that's true, but I just like to blame that *******.

Figs has also just about concussed himself on two separate occasions. He has been injured some but is also a true freshman. I don't ever want to have to rely on or hope for a true freshman to come in and start from day one.

This kid will see a lot of PT. People have TOTALLY unrealistic expecations on most underclassmen. On offense, you can have Frosh and Sophs make BIG impacts, on defense, the only real position you can have a young kid make a BIG impact, is at CB. LB, DL, and even Safety are positions that usually you dont find many underclassmen making a big impact. Yes there are rare exceptions, but Vilma and Morgan werent setting the world on fire as Frosh. Vilma definitely showed potential, and was good, but he wasnt the dominating force he grew to be as a Frosh. Very few players are. I expect Figs will be a huge contributor in another year or two. And if Owens lives up to even half of his hype, I expect he's going to be a very big impact player for us in another few years. That's not to say he cant get some decent playing time next year, and even make some plays, but anyone expecting a Frosh to dominate on defense is being unrealistic IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back