Darrion Owens excited to arrive at Coral Gables

This is my guy right here. He's gonna need coaching up, but when he does, All-American.

Advertisement
I don't like to get into looks, but D Owens just doesn't look nasty to me for a Defender. His "pedestrian" numbers may have something to do with a lack of mean streak, particularly for someone with all that size. Oh well, let's pray that he at least turns into another Allen Bailey.

I don't like to get into looks, but D Owens just doesn't look nasty to me for a Defender. His "pedestrian" numbers may have something to do with a lack of mean streak, particularly for someone with all that size. Oh well, let's pray that he at least turns into another Allen Bailey.

stfu

You obviously didn't read the article that helps explain his low numbers. And you're obviously some sort of talent scout right? GTFOOH!!!!

we're lucky he made it through the season without going to prison for murdering someone on special teams. Kids got plenty of hate in his heart

Advertisement
Owens had 102 tackles last year. This year he had 59. The lack of tackles was because of two reasons.

1. Opponents game planning around Owens (Biggest cause)
2. Moving from Safety to OLB

Also he has two D1 Linebackers next to him. Shaq quarterman and the other OLB is committed to FIU.

From his junior to senior year, Jacob Pugh went from 98 tackles to 64 tackles. FSU coaches still believe the kid is going to be a stud.

Dillion Bates only had 63 tackles his junior year. Didn't stop our coaches from pursuing him.

Chad Thomas struggled against bishop Gorman. He also didn't produce as much as people thought he would. Why? Because teams are game planning around the kid. They line him out wide, they'll run the other way. Have him at DT, and are double teaming and grabbing the kids jersey all night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back