darren krein for head strength and condition coach

See Post #27 . And there are many, many more sources stating the absolutely vital member of the staff that an S&C coach is.

My point stands. You have no idea what you're talking about.

what sources? the people who wrote that are fkin writers, not SC experts. most likely they cant even bench press 100 lbs but you are acting like their word is the gospel when talking about S&C lmao

Those articles quote the absolute best coaches in college football -- Urban Meyer and Nick Saban -- who say that the S&C coach is the absolute most important hire a new coach can make.

Does that not count as legit "sources"? Do you know more than those guys? Short answer: no.

oh yea because its not like coaches dont use coachspeak and say a whole lot of nothing most of the time. keep reading articles buddy. if you read enough articles you might know more than all the NFL players who continually praise and work out with swasey.

The more you type, the better you make my argument look.

You use unsupportable statements; I use links with people CURRENTLY WORKING/COVERING COLLEGE FOOTBALL saying how important the S&C coach is. Keep 'em coming.

so in other words the reason we sucked *** for the past 10 years is because we need a better SC coach?? not our incompetent coordinators but the SC coach? so swasey deserves more blame the coley and donofrio?? foh man

Advertisement
As many have said, the S&C coach and staff is important. When Tommy Moffitt was last here, in 2000, the Canes were strong, fast, and very well conditioned. Moffitt is one of the best in the business, and that team was one of the hardest working teams in Miami history.

I couldn't tell you if Swasey knows less than Moffitt, but I do know the team as a whole does not have the same work ethic as past teams.

CMR will set the tone, and Swasey or his replacement will implement the plan. The players need to put in the work.

So if Moffitt is such a good coach then what happen to LSU this year? they were constantly getting their sht pushed in and physically manhandled.

btw, im not disagreeing that Mofitt is a good coach, just pointing out that some people on here are putting way too much stock in the SC coach.

Page not found | NBC Sports

They say the strength coach is the most important hire a head coach will make. Between the end of spring ball and the beginning of fall camp, the strength coach is the main point of contact players have with their football program on a daily basis.

https://www.issaonline.edu/blog/ind...h-Coaches-Help-Make--Great-Teams-and-Athletes

Next to the head coach, who do you think is the most important person on a college football team?

If you answered the strength coach, go to the head of the class.

View attachment 34274

no offense, but ur an idiot. so the SC coach is more important than the OC? DC? you know, the people who actually coach football and are out their calling plays and designing schemes/strategy??? foh

Well, seeing as one of the articles I linked has a direct quote from Brian Kelly -- coach of a team currently in the top 10 -- that puts his strength and conditioning coach ON THE SAME LEVEL as his offensive and defensive coordinators. Here you go:

"Paul joins our offensive and defensive coordinators as leaders of this program."

That's the head football coach of a team currently in the Top 10 who puts his S&C coach on the same level as his offensive and defensive coordinators. So once again, you have no support for your statements while I'm taking THE DIRECT WORDS of guys coaching college football at the highest level.

It's ok. You can admit your initial reaction was wrong. There's nothing bad about that; but you're endless attempts to undercut the argument have been eviscerated every single time.

what sources? the people who wrote that are fkin writers, not SC experts. most likely they cant even bench press 100 lbs but you are acting like their word is the gospel when talking about S&C lmao

Those articles quote the absolute best coaches in college football -- Urban Meyer and Nick Saban -- who say that the S&C coach is the absolute most important hire a new coach can make.

Does that not count as legit "sources"? Do you know more than those guys? Short answer: no.

oh yea because its not like coaches dont use coachspeak and say a whole lot of nothing most of the time. keep reading articles buddy. if you read enough articles you might know more than all the NFL players who continually praise and work out with swasey.

You use unsupportable statements; I use links with people CURRENTLY WORKING/COVERING COLLEGE FOOTBALL saying how important the S&C coach is. Keep 'em coming.

so in other words the reason we sucked *** for the past 10 years is because we need a better SC coach?? not our incompetent coordinators but the SC coach? so swasey deserves more blame the coley and donofrio?? foh man

Now you're moving the goal posts; no one said that Swasey is the SOLE REASON why Miami has struggled. It has been a combination of many, many things. Stop building straw men for your arguments.

I got involved when people suggested that the S&C coach was not important to the program. He is VITALLY IMPORTANT to any coaching staff and that's why I got invested in the argument.

Advertisement

Now you're moving the goal posts; no one said that Swasey is the SOLE REASON why Miami has struggled. It has been a combination of many, many things. Stop building straw men for your arguments.

I got involved when people suggested that the S&C coach was not important to the program. He is VITALLY IMPORTANT to any coaching staff and that's why I got invested in the argument.

dude, your the one that said SC coach was most important hire after the HC. your words not mine. so if he is more important than OC/DC, your implying that he deserves more blame the coley and donofrio. dont backtrack now. its right there bolded for you, your post not mine.

Page not found | NBC Sports

They say the strength coach is the most important hire a head coach will make. Between the end of spring ball and the beginning of fall camp, the strength coach is the main point of contact players have with their football program on a daily basis.

https://www.issaonline.edu/blog/ind...h-Coaches-Help-Make--Great-Teams-and-Athletes

Next to the head coach, who do you think is the most important person on a college football team?

If you answered the strength coach, go to the head of the class.

View attachment 34274

no offense, but ur an idiot. so the SC coach is more important than the OC? DC? you know, the people who actually coach football and are out their calling plays and designing schemes/strategy??? foh

Well, seeing as one of the articles I linked has a direct quote from Brian Kelly -- coach of a team currently in the top 10 -- that puts his strength and conditioning coach ON THE SAME LEVEL as his offensive and defensive coordinators. Here you go:

"Paul joins our offensive and defensive coordinators as leaders of this program."

That's the head football coach of a team currently in the Top 10 who puts his S&C coach on the same level as his offensive and defensive coordinators. So once again, you have no support for your statements while I'm taking THE DIRECT WORDS of guys coaching college football at the highest level.

It's ok. You can admit your initial reaction was wrong. There's nothing bad about that; but you're endless attempts to undercut the argument have been eviscerated every single time.

your dumbass argument consists of copying and pasting articles about HC speaking coach speak. You really think that their most important hire is the SC coach? So then why doesnt SC coach get paid more than coordinators?

u think mark richt is focusing on who his SC coach is gonna be? he is most likely looking at coordinators first, then the other assistant football coaches to build his staff. the SC coach is probably last on his list.

Advertisement
Golden blew these kids up. CHICK said Swasey is not the problem, but hey you know guys know more then the players.

This team has been getting their a$$ whipped physically by good teams since the latter half of the Coker days. Only one consistent piece of the puzzle has been in place the last three coaching changes. Some clueless folks around here.

lmao so the SC coach is the missing piece of the puzzle?? thats the reason we sucked all these years hahaha and you are calling other people clueless?

Thanks for solidifying my point.

Your additional responses in this thread have further put your lack of intelligence on display. Good job.

dude, your the one that said SC coach was most important hire after the HC. your words not mine. so if he is more important than OC/DC, your implying that he deserves more blame the coley and donofrio. dont backtrack now. its right there bolded for you, your post not mine.

Again, you've moving the goal posts. Most important hire? Absolutely. Most important assistant coach on staff? An argument can be made because of the amount of time he spends with the players as opposed to other coaches. All of those are statements I've made in this thread.

But your comment: "so in other words the reason we sucked *** for the past 10 years is because we need a better SC coach?" are not found in ANY of my posts. Again, that's a straw man argument -- no one has said that Swasey is the reason we haven't been good the last 10 years.

Your initial argument was that the S&C coach is not important; now you're trying to say that I've written that the S&C coach is the ONLY member of the staff that effects a team winning games. No one in this thread has said that. That is the textbook definition of a straw man argument.

You took a dump on the importance of the S&C coach to a college football team's success. Your exact words:

can yall shut the fk up about a SC coach already? yall sound ridiculous. you would think the SC coach is the second highest paid position on the team from reading this board.

Clueless Motherfuggers wouldnt even recognize a strength and conditioning issue if we had some gameday coaches worth a ****

You clearly don't understand the importance of the S&C coaches as reflected by those posts. Not only that, but your argument has changed from "S&C coaches aren't important" to "people who disagree with me are saying that the S&C coach is the only reason why we've lost this past decade." Smarter members of this board challenged you on your comments, and instead of admitting you probably downplayed the S&C program's significance a tad, you continue to try to change the argument to save face.

Advertisement
u think mark richt is focusing on who his SC coach is gonna be? he is most likely looking at coordinators first, then the other assistant football coaches to build his staff. the SC coach is probably last on his list.

Wrong. Some of the best college football coaches have all said that their first calls at new programs were to S&C coaches. You'd know that if you had any clue about what you're talking about.

Richt has absolutely thought about S&C before offensive coordinator, I'll tell you that much -- he's said as much by saying that he'd like to be involved in the play calling (thereby limiting the importance of the next OC as compared to the team's strength program).

Golden blew these kids up. CHICK said Swasey is not the problem, but hey you know guys know more then the players.

This team has been getting their a$$ whipped physically by good teams since the latter half of the Coker days. Only one consistent piece of the puzzle has been in place the last three coaching changes. Some clueless folks around here.

lmao so the SC coach is the missing piece of the puzzle?? thats the reason we sucked all these years hahaha and you are calling other people clueless?

Thanks for solidifying my point.

Your additional responses in this thread have further put your lack of intelligence on display. Good job.

statement says a whole lotta nothing. all u nerds know how to do is question someones intelligence and grammar skills on the internet while having no clue about the actual subject at hand. maybe your low esteem *** needs validation from a message board, but idgaf. u can shove your critiques up your ***

Most important hire any new head coach can make it the S+C coach. Urban Meyer did it with Mariotti, Saban did it with Cochran. As a head coach you have to realize, this person is going to be spending more time with your players than anyone else, even you and your staff. You want someone who has the same objectives and goals you want for your program.

With that being said, a lot of NFL Strength Coaches have a hard time making the transition. A lot of NFL strength philosophies is just injury prevention and maintaining some of the most elite athletes in the world. College coaches are responsible for instilling a solid work ethic, DEVELOPING the athletes both physically and emotionally, and creating a culture of success. I know a few who I think would fit the mold of what Miami and Coach Richt are looking for.

Stopped reading right there. Where do you guys get this from?? did you guys even pass PE in high school?

Says someone who trained under one of the best strength coaches in the country, has multiple peers as head strength coaches as FCS programs. So Deez, if it's so simple why don't explain to everyone on the board how to design and implement a year round lifting program for a FBS football program

Advertisement
Just going to leave these here. Pictures to the left are pre-Marrotti at OSU; pics to the right are after a year and a half in his S&C program. The results speak for themselves.

View attachment 34270

View attachment 34272

dude gtfoh. of course they are going to progress year after year. you expect them to look the same every year? either way you just cherrypicked 2 players. im sure everybody on the team didnt get like that. that has minimal impact on the football field.

u people think there is some secret science to S&C? all of that sht is common knowledge. shows that some of you are couch potatoes that have never seen the inside of a weightroom in your lives

You sound really angry over this, essentially calling people couch potatoes bc they simply want a change of the guard where we desperately has been lacking for ages. Why don't you have this same passion to defend Kehoe?

Omg we have the most retarded fans in the world. S&C is common knowledge ? The coaches are overrated? Thank God We got a new coach who (coming from the SEC) will make the correct changes soon.

S&C is common knowledge, maybe not for non-athletic people like yourself who cant do a fkin pullup. there is no secret information out there that only certain coaches have access too. you think they are in a lab somewhere studying muscle molecules? lmao

sure there are different methods depending on what u want to do. but the information is out there.

Do u think there are secrets to defeating blocks or setting them?? There aren't. It's not about what a coach knows, but what he can get the players to do. U think Kehoe forgot how to coach, or is it he lost his edge and attention to detail??

Again, you've moving the goal posts. Most important hire? Absolutely. Most important assistant coach on staff? An argument can be made because of the amount of time he spends with the players as opposed to other coaches. All of those are statements I've made in this thread.

But your comment: "so in other words the reason we sucked *** for the past 10 years is because we need a better SC coach?" are not found in ANY of my posts. Again, that's a straw man argument -- no one has said that Swasey is the reason we haven't been good the last 10 years.

Your initial argument was that the S&C coach is not important; now you're trying to say that I've written that the S&C coach is the ONLY member of the staff that effects a team winning games. No one in this thread has said that. That is the textbook definition of a straw man argument.

You took a dump on the importance of the S&C coach to a college football team's success. Your exact words:

can yall shut the fk up about a SC coach already? yall sound ridiculous. you would think the SC coach is the second highest paid position on the team from reading this board.

Clueless Motherfuggers wouldnt even recognize a strength and conditioning issue if we had some gameday coaches worth a ****

You clearly don't understand the importance of the S&C coaches as reflected by those posts. Not only that, but your argument has changed from "S&C coaches aren't important" to "people who disagree with me are saying that the S&C coach is the only reason why we've lost this past decade." Smarter members of this board challenged you on your comments, and instead of admitting you probably downplayed the S&C program's significance a tad, you continue to try to change the argument to save face.

dnt backtrack u whiny btch. you said its the most important hire after HC. dont come half steppin. by saying that you are implying that he is more important than OC/DC. therefore, second to the HC he deserves the most blame. if your saying you dont agree with all of these statements then you are contradicting yourself.

and that last quote isnt mine dumbass, although i do agree with it.

and i stick by my statements unlike u. the SC coach is not that important like your making it out to be. get off the couch dumbass. im not downplaying sht its the fkin truth... if he is so important than why is he not getting paid accordingly?? you act like every SC coach in the country doesnt have access to the same info. you obviously know **** about weightlifting/conditioning. like i said you probably failed PE in high school.

Advertisement
Back