Darrell Streeter Said.... 🤔

Advertisement
I heard streeter said but i don't think thats correct at all or it would happen to alot of teams that never had a first round pick.

Those fluctuations, imo is based on the schools who pay these recruiting sites. Alot of coaches have clauses built into their contracts on class rankings so they have an incentive to get the stars. Also having stars committed is a good tool for recruiting. Our last few coaches never understood that.

I don't think Ivins said that though. They said they give 32 5 stars to project the NFL first round and the 247 is for the entire draft. Which is really bull cuz so many players who get drafted were 3 stars and less.
You are correct.

Advertisement
Ivins did say this multiple times idc either we just need to evaluate and develop talent…I know the interview he did with footballville where he said it but idk the timestamp

This is the truth Saban does his own evals and he's the best at it. But I say but...based on Mario's press conference he knows talent as well. He said some things I been bytching about for ages so I'm sure we will get the same luxury in three years.
Mario played under JJ and coached under butch, schiano, and saban. say what you want about schiano, he made Rutgers formidable

Pick it up at 29

Pick it up at 29 minutes. I should have said Ivins ALLEGEDLY said this. There is another video out there that I'm trying to get my hands on where he supposedly said it. Stay tuned....

This is a big nothing burger for me. I don't think players drop in rankings when they commit to Miami because The University is less likely to get them drafted in the 1st round. Evaluate that argument with your own eyes and see if it adds up. Miami has been a 1st round machine over the last 50 years and will continue to be a 1st round machine going forward, so if anything, they should be gaining stars when they commit to The Hurricanes. At least if that was the true reality of their ranking systems.

I see this as Footballville thinking out loud about why he sees what he sees from the 247, rivals, and espn recruiting "journalists"... Clearly players more often than not, do in fact, drop in ratings/rankings when they commit to Miami. But the reason behind that isn't some secret sauce equation or scientific algorithm, it's just a bunch of biased capitalists trying to pander to larger fan bases around the country. Making fanatics feel good about what they see on a computer screen in relationship to a kid who has or who could commit to their favorite school is more likely to part them from their money and get them to pay for "recruiting news".

They hype up the big state schools and universities across the US because it's in their best business interest to do so. Just look locally at the state of Florida, how many students attend UF or FSU 50,000 maybe 65,000? Miami has a student body of what 15,000 maybe 20,000... Ask yourself 2 questions, will ppl be more likely to pay for news that makes them happy or news they dislike? And what fan base would be more likely to make you the most money if you can convince them to pay you for that sunny, happy, good feeling insider knowledge?? The art of war is being practiced all around us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stupid people learn things and think they discovered something that was never being hidden to begin with

Advertisement
I heard streeter said but i don't think thats correct at all or it would happen to alot of teams that never had a first round pick.

Those fluctuations, imo is based on the schools who pay these recruiting sites. Alot of coaches have clauses built into their contracts on class rankings so they have an incentive to get the stars. Also having stars committed is a good tool for recruiting. Our last few coaches never understood that.

I don't think Ivins said that though. They said they give 32 5 stars to project the NFL first round and the 247 is for the entire draft. Which is really bull cuz so many players who get drafted were 3 stars and less.
It's not bull, it's a projection. They won't always be right, it's not a guarantee.

I mean, I could understand that thought process but why not come out and say that years ago? I mean this isn't the first time they've done it to us or other schools I'm sure and it probably won't be the last. To me it just an excuse they're using to bump up the other prospects followed by high traffic number teams so they can get more ad revenue for site visits. Once they seem all Miami, no reason to keep them up there and not collect clicks and views from a lower fan base team. Bump up the prospects that are uncommitted or are committed to bigger fan base teams.
I don't think they're being altruistic, but there's some logic here. Being honest, there have been guys who came to Miami who might have done better at another school. Chickillo for instance, do we not think he was misused? wouldn't he have probably had a better college career and gotten drafted higher if he'd gone to bama? We don't like it because we're Miami fans and it works against us, but it's not totally wrong.

The bottom line is that It should be made clear to everyone what you mean when you give a rating to a recruit. If you mean it's a combo of the recruit and the school, then say that. If it's just a measure of the kid's potential, then say that. Just say upfront what it is you're rating.

I don't think they're being altruistic, but there's some logic here. Being honest, there have been guys who came to Miami who might have done better at another school. Chickillo for instance, do we not think he was misused? wouldn't he have probably had a better college career and gotten drafted higher if he'd gone to bama? We don't like it because we're Miami fans and it works against us, but it's not totally wrong.

The bottom line is that It should be made clear to everyone what you mean when you give a rating to a recruit. If you mean it's a combo of the recruit and the school, then say that. If it's just a measure of the kid's potential, then say that. Just say upfront what it is you're rating.
Exactly. They could have said this years ago. It's just an excuse for them changing rankings.

Advertisement
Look they can say they that it's about projection to the league and they may or not be lying on alot of players but I believe with certainty it comes down to subscribers and large fan bases that they need to keep on the hook. Texas was an example of this for along time

The reason why some of our blue chip recruits lose a star when they commit to Miami is bcuz we don't have a strong track record of putting players into the 1st round.
He said the star system is mainly based upon projections of whether the players will actually going into the league and has less to do with how good they are.

5 star players are projected to go 1st round, but if they choose a school like Miami, that projection changes due to our poor player development.

Can anyone more verify this? Is this legit?

29 minute mark:

Based on 247 yes that’s there method. There hardly ever gunna have more than 32 5stars because they do slightly base it off the nfl draft method..as for why the 5stars don’t view Miami in the same light as programs who have for the last decade plus put more players in the 1st rd. Had more All conference and all Americans. And oh yea have been winning..well that’s common sense..we need to get our **** together and give these elite kids a reason to come to Miami. These players a were barely sperm cells when the U was producing the aforementioned results

Advertisement
Back