Darrell Streeter Said.... 🤔

Advertisement
The reason why some of our blue chip recruits lose a star when they commit to Miami is bcuz we don't have a strong track record of putting players into the 1st round.
He said the star system is mainly based upon projections of whether the players will actually going into the league and has less to do with how good they are.

5 star players are projected to go 1st round, but if they choose a school like Miami, that projection changes due to our poor player development.

Can anyone more verify this? Is this legit?
All I know is that 247 ratings suck. Had TVD rated as a 87 and 41st QB while ESPN had him as 3rd pro Style QB

The reason why some of our blue chip recruits lose a star when they commit to Miami is bcuz we don't have a strong track record of putting players into the 1st round.
He said the star system is mainly based upon projections of whether the players will actually going into the league and has less to do with how good they are.

5 star players are projected to go 1st round, but if they choose a school like Miami, that projection changes due to our poor player development.

That makes no sense if true

Advertisement

then travis hunter should be a zero star now.

Advertisement
Bud Elliott flat out admitted that they immediately take second look at three star kids that commit to Bama. He defended it by saying that Saban is the best evaluator in the game, so they must have missed something in their initial evaluation.
This is the truth Saban does his own evals and he's the best at it. But I say but...based on Mario's press conference he knows talent as well. He said some things I been bytching about for ages so I'm sure we will get the same luxury in three years.

I heard streeter said but i don't think thats correct at all or it would happen to alot of teams that never had a first round pick.

Those fluctuations, imo is based on the schools who pay these recruiting sites. Alot of coaches have clauses built into their contracts on class rankings so they have an incentive to get the stars. Also having stars committed is a good tool for recruiting. Our last few coaches never understood that.

I don't think Ivins said that though. They said they give 32 5 stars to project the NFL first round and the 247 is for the entire draft. Which is really bull cuz so many players who get drafted were 3 stars and less.

That sounds utterly ridiculous

Advertisement

It's blatantly full of ****. It's nothing but their potential on collegiate levels

i cannot more verify or even verify this.

Can you post a link or something that shows what Ivins specifically said. Thx
Pick it up at 29

i cannot more verify or even verify this.

Can you post a link or something that shows what Ivins specifically said. Thx
Pick it up at 29 minutes. I should have said Ivins ALLEGEDLY said this. There is another video out there that I'm trying to get my hands on where he supposedly said it. Stay tuned....

Advertisement
Pick it up at 29

Pick it up at 29 minutes. I should have said Ivins ALLEGEDLY said this. There is another video out there that I'm trying to get my hands on where he supposedly said it. Stay tuned....

No worries. Thx for posting and mentioning time mark.. I'll take a look.

I mean, I could understand that thought process but why not come out and say that years ago? I mean this isn't the first time they've done it to us or other schools I'm sure and it probably won't be the last. To me it just an excuse they're using to bump up the other prospects followed by high traffic number teams so they can get more ad revenue for site visits. Once they seem all Miami, no reason to keep them up there and not collect clicks and views from a lower fan base team. Bump up the prospects that are uncommitted or are committed to bigger fan base teams.

So the guy in the Footballville interview at th 29 minute mark begins taking about his interview with Ivins and how the star rating works. Ivins did say the 32 5 stars that they give, are based upon first round draft picks for 32 NFL teams. Andrew definitely said that. At the 31.20 mark the Footballville guy goes on to actually say players lose stars based upon the school they choose. I believe that's his interpretation based upon his interview with Ivins. I apologize for attributing this to Ivins. That's why I wanted to know if anyone else could verify whether or not Ivins said it.

So the guy in the Footballville interview at th 29 minute mark begins taking about his interview with Ivins and how the star rating works. Ivins did say the 32 5 stars that they give, are based upon first round draft picks for 32 NFL teams. Andrew definitely said that. At the 31.20 mark the Footballville guy goes on to actually say players lose stars based upon the school they choose. I believe that's his interpretation based upon his interview with Ivins. I apologize for attributing this to Ivins. That's why I wanted to know if anyone else could verify whether or not Ivins said it.
Good posts and links by you regardless.
Thx again.

Advertisement
Back