Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

He just equaled our best season win wise since 2018 and before that we have to go back to 2003 when we won 11 games. I hate the Noles as much as anyone but you sound butthurt people are pointing out facts. What other evidence do you need that he’s not at least a decent coach?

Cut the crap, dopey.

I responded to a guy who (falsely) claims that Norvell has some fearsome reputation as a coach and a recruiter and developer, and that anyone with a dfferent opinion is a "blind homer".

One good year at F$U (after two horrendous years) does not suddenly convert Norvell into some great coach.

Typical nonsense from you, you're going to hyperfocus on one good Norvell year (while ripping Miami) in order to justify your Norvell-love/Mario-hate.

Advertisement
You can think whatever you want, Mike Norvell doesn’t worry me.
Mike Norvell recruits like a girl!
sandlot youre killing me smalls GIF

Cut the crap, dopey.

I responded to a guy who (falsely) claims that Norvell has some fearsome reputation as a coach and a recruiter and developer, and that anyone with a dfferent opinion is a "blind homer".

One good year at F$U (after two horrendous years) does not suddenly convert Norvell into some great coach.

Typical nonsense from you, you're going to hyperfocus on one good Norvell year (while ripping Miami) in order to justify your Norvell-love/Mario-hate.
Surprise Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I'm not necessarily disappointed DJack didn't come back. It's not like the kid was some All American. I would have rather we picked up Rogers. The kid was already a traitor in my eyes going to FSU in the first place. The run defense was still ****** with DJack last year. It won't matter who we have upfront if we still have Flagg on the second level not fast enough to fill the gaps and James Williams at the third level coming up and half *** trying to arm tackle everyone.

Advertisement
Cut the crap, dopey.

Never forget that Norvell was like the third or fourth option for FSU during their coaching search, in advance of anybody who says "but he was good at Memphis!!!"

He had to grab jags to cause he can't win every battle. So there are roster fillers always on every team, the roster for me still ain't ready or even mature enough yet. Are most talented guys ain't even at the school yet.
Oh yea that's a fact we have a long ways to go and most of our most talented guys on roster will be 1st or 2nd year guys for this upcoming season. One more class and we'll be loaded

Oh yea that's a fact we have a long ways to go and most of our most talented guys on roster will be 1st or 2nd year guys for this upcoming season. One more class and we'll be loaded
Disagree with one more class then we loaded. This class he just got is the first true loaded class and they will all be young heads. I think like Kirby and Harbaugh there first classes didn't win natties they went on as high nfl picks. Same goes for Cormani and the boys they won't win a natty but they setting the stage for us being relevant again on a yearly basis. And I'm ok with that after being complete dog water for 15 years or more

Advertisement
How can you lose something that was already lost? It would have been nice to get the kid back but in all reality nothing has changed. We need to get Roger’s transcript stuff figured out. The Purdue kid and him get us to a serviceable level at DT.

Disagree with one more class then we loaded. This class he just got is the first true loaded class and they will all be young heads. I think like Kirby and Harbaugh there first classes didn't win natties they went on as high nfl picks. Same goes for Cormani and the boys they won't win a natty but they setting the stage for us being relevant again on a yearly basis. And I'm ok with that after being complete dog water for 15 years or more
Not national title contender loaded yet I was thinking more so loaded with young talent after the 2024 class gets here. By that point we'll have a ton of 1st and 2nd year guys that are blue chip guys plus the 2022 guys like Kelly, Cyrus, Skinner, Citizen, Graves will be juniors and our leaders we'll be ready to make some noise as conference champion

Norvell is a good coach, but his ceiling is low. His ceiling is getting FSU to the ACC championship game, losing and then playing in a NY6 game. Good coach, but he’s not a lifer there. He would be better off at a school like Virginia tech where expectations are not as high because he will consistently get you 8-10 wins a year, but nothing of substance.

Advertisement
Never forget that Norvell was like the third or fourth option for FSU during their coaching search, in advance of anybody who says "but he was good at Memphis!!!"

Yes. Exactly.

Look, I'm not on some intentional mission to go around slapping Norvell's **** out of certain porsters' mouths, but this stuff is just getting ridiculous. Norvell has one good year at F$U, and suddenly he's on the hot list of our dopiest porsters who form bizarre man-crushes for no apparent reason.

I'm still at a loss to understand what the Norvell Nitwits think that he actually did at Memphis. He took a program that Fuente built up...and for 2 of his 4 years, he actually underperformed Fuente, and for one of the four years, he performed at the same level as Fuente. Only in his final year (Year 4) did Norvell post any sort of improvement over what Fuente left him with.

It's just sad to see so-called "Miami fans" gobbling Norvell's **** and balls, when there is absolutely no evidence to do so. One good year. Maybe someday I'll forgive "Miami fans" for swallowing Norvell's loads, but not this year.

Not national title contender loaded yet I was thinking more so loaded with young talent after the 2024 class gets here. By that point we'll have a ton of 1st and 2nd year guys that are blue chip guys plus the 2022 guys like Kelly, Cyrus, Skinner, Citizen, Graves will be juniors and our leaders we'll be ready to make some noise as conference champion
Possible asf. Always depends on who u get imo. Like if u get an Andrew Luck that's a game changer. We used to get program changers. We need to land program changers bonified 1st rounders. We got that this cycle most likely but on the OL. If u get a Andre Johnson a Reed a Sean T? Boys like that program changers. Citizen sounded legit hope he's healthy cause we need a big fast back that break arm tackles

Not only is it 1 good year but they had almost everything line up perfectly for them as well as a few players really play better then expected.

Not a ton of injuries, other teams expected to do well laying turds, missed extra points, missing players from other teams (UF/OK, Starting QB's, etc)

Congrats to FSU for capitlizing on all this because they still had to win. But you have to do this 2-3 more years in a row now. Not 2 good years then back to 7-8 wins. But another 9/10 win year next year gets Norvell a hefty extension is my guess. So I'm all for it.

Advertisement
Back