Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Advertisement
I like him. He seems like a good person and a good coach. He brings in Polynesian players which is something we’ve not had here and I think that’s important. I don’t know what happens in recruiting with him at his position otherwise. I don’t know his recruiting rep before. I know he got guys to Washington State with Leach there which is impressive on defense. We’re they all Polynesian?
Coaching at Wazzu for a poly coach is like coaching in Samoa lol. All the polyz wanting to leave off island from Samoa and Hawaii found a home in Wazzu. Many of the kids that weren't recruited by USC, UCLA and Oregon went to Wazzu beacause of the Samoan presence of players and Coaches. In regards to recruiting Polyz, Joe is that dude. He did not recruit just polyz. For this cycle he was credited for Mauigoa's (secondary recruiter), Wayne (sr), and Horton (primary) for his position in the class.

If we only win 6 games with our schedule then we're in major major trouble
See that's what u think but u not seeing the big picture of how to build a power. We have jags all over the roster. It's hard for these fans to understand that because of the star ratings. This sites "pros" and others hyped up players that were aight.

U need to mix super stars with high rated players. Superstars make jags look better than what they are. We get enough of those gel it together we cooking. Let them recruit monsters real monsters not high rated guys bama and UGA don't go after.

Fsu and UF now are doing what past staffs did here. That **** is unsustainable and won't get u to elite status. I never was a trust the process guy with other coaches cause they brought in **** roster wise. Watch u will see I know I'm not wrong on this. They are building a monster from a broken untalented program. It will take long like Michigan.

I think we win more than 6 games just because competition is that bad. But I think the staff got rid of a ton of jags this offseason and bringing in a monster recruiting class on top of the guys we got last year plus portal we should field a solid team this year. But another top class like this and you'll see us start to separate from the pack in the ACC from a talent standpoint. I don't think it will take anywhere near as long as Michigan did to get to top 4 team level

Some of ya’ll need to chill with the Joe & Mario can’t close comments, etc.

This saga sounds like one that had a lot of twist and turns, not to mention a kid that seems to have been in a difficult tug of war with himself for whatever reason and there are no details out yet as to exactly what happened here.

Advertisement
Some of ya’ll need to chill with the Joe & Mario can’t close comments, etc.

This saga sounds like one that had a lot of twist and turns, not to mention a kid that seems to have been in a difficult tug of war with himself for whatever reason and there are no details out yet as to exactly what happened here.
who in their right mind says Mario can't close after this recruiting class

Advertisement
Yes. Guys are desperate and not remembering this same exact thing happening to Manny. You guys say JT4 had issues so he doesn’t count, but no one commented on Reed.

Bottom line is the guy quit and some of you guys killed Manny for bringing back quitters, but excuse this quitter. Keep it consistent is all I’m saying…
I wanted to bring back JT so I guess I’m good. Bottom line in this case if he wants to come back and he was a good locker room guy it’s a no brainer.

No. I think it’s a different day where money rules in the open. Mims did the same thing last year and went back to UGA. Many teams have tried to hold onto portal exiting players they lost and would have gladly taken them back.

Even closer and in house with a guy now staring and playing for us, Too Wong Fu.

The NIL Era is just different.

Putting rivalries aside for a minute, I just think this is a dumb move by Jackson. With Lovett and Verse coming back plus they added one of the top DL in the portal, he’s going to get buried on the depth chart. Plus, he may not even get a waiver.

Advertisement
Putting rivalries aside for a minute, I just think this is a dumb move by Jackson. With Lovett and Verse coming back plus they added one of the top DL in the portal, he’s going to get buried on the depth chart. Plus, he may not even get a waiver.
It's wild he's gonna legit just be on the bench during his 3rd year when he could be getting ready for draft

Well he should. He’s a very good coach & developer. Anyone who says otherwise is a blind homer.

I’ll pass on worrying about prison Mike, sounds like you’re worrying enough for both of us.

Thanks for putting that out there, now we know where you stand.

I’m not discouraging you from worrying, by all means, bite your fingernails, go curl up in a ball in the corner, and cry . I’ll carry myself like a man if that’s all right with you.

It’s not just the coaches. There’s an entire level of fanbases that have become indifferent toward the sport because of the portal. A stud at West Virginia has a 10% chance of staying.

The integrity of the sport and making it a good product for the most amount of fans leads to better NIL opportunity in the long run. It’s becoming a joke. Sitting at least a portion of the games would reduce the amount of kids hitting the portal for a little bit more money or leveraging their own team for more money.

The NFL doesn’t have 24/7 free agency for a reason.
as long as coaches are required to not coach games w new teams im good with it then

Advertisement
It’s a terrible look. On top of Jackson, continuing the to push the money narrative. He already told your program was a ship he wanted off of. You let him drag you along and go n forth with FSU.

Has nothing to do with what else Mario has done. This is sole situation is embarrassing

Bottom line: Mario didn’t recruit over him and immediately go get better dudes. Hasn’t even replaced him, yet…

welp, obviously we wanted him back but he's a punk for trying to twist the narrative

leaving miami to be a nole was always iffy, but allowable due to family. pulling this should revoke his cane card. he's just another nole and always will be

Advertisement
Back