Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Dang. Good luck Darrel!

Wants to return to Tallahassee - due to homesickness?

I recall overseas, some water buffalo had passed by earlier, and left big piles of crap on the **** - and really smelled like siht -

Ol' boy from Texas commented on the smell. "Whoa! That's strong!"

Ol' boy from West By-God joked, "yeah, kinda makes you (a Texan) homesick, don't it?"

Tex hesitated a moment and said, "It really does." I almost blew an O-Ring to keep from bursting out laughing.

Question: What smell made Mr. Jackson homesick?

Advertisement
Spot on as usual

Look he was solid for us, I think he’s a really good player in the making. It’s not sour grapes by saying I’m indifferent on this.

There’s really not one player on this team leaving that would actually bother me though if I’m completely honest. Everyone involved with what happened last year can go and there’s absolutely no one that’s irreplaceable

Would prefer to have him on the team of course but not one tear will be shed over anyone on this squad that chooses to leave

Exactly; there’s legit only a handful of players where I would absolutely bytch about not coming back…he’s not one of them. Appreciate his time here, & definitely appreciated his moments but he looked like a 700th+ ranked player. From the Duke game onward, he was literally a non factor. Like u, that’s not sour grapes, that’s facts.

Advertisement
Exactly; there’s legit only a handful of players where I would absolutely bytch about not coming back…he’s not one of them. Appreciate his time here, & definitely appreciated his moments but he looked like a 700th+ ranked player. From the Duke game onward, he was literally a non factor. Like u, that’s not sour grapes, that’s facts.
wait till you see what's behind him

wait till you see what's behind him

1670285925439.png

Ehhh; not going to bash the kid if he’s legit leaving due to an ill mother. Mama comes 1st, always.

With that said, even if his mom wasn’t ill, I’m not losing sleep over losing him. He had moments, yes, but I wasn’t that impressed w/ him. I seen him get washed out a lot, especially as the season progressed. I know it’s been a while since we had elite DTs (w/ Norton & McIntosh availing themselves as very good) so maybe we forget how they look, so this wasn’t an “OMG” moment for me. Jackson was a C+ (grading on the curve B-) grade for me, this yr.

Take care of moms, youngin; if I was in this position, I would do the same.

I don't know RR. Jackson is what, 19 or 20 years old? IMHO, the kid has crazy upside. Yes, he got managed a few times (Pitt OL had his number). But I think he's exactly the type of DT you want on this team. Super disappointed especially given he's going to FSU.

Advertisement
I don't know RR. Jackson is what, 19 or 20 years old? IMHO, the kid has crazy upside. Yes, he got managed a few times (Pitt OL had his number). But I think he's exactly the type of DT you want on this team. Super disappointed especially given he's going to FSU.

In all fairness, we don't know how long the medical issue has been known. It's entirely possible that a 19 or 20 year old kid can become distracted by such news. Not making any excuses, but I would have liked to see the kid continue to develop at UM.

Listen man we won 5 games and really only had a safety who was a standout lol something tells me the only way is up. Good luck in your future endeavors young man
Facts. He tailed off after midway point as defense started giving up weekly 40 pieces.

Advertisement

Upside? Sure; but, I don’t bank on that. We can legit say that about a lot of guys who have come in & washed out of this program.

I didn’t see a kid who took another step in progression/development. He played in less games last yr, against better competition, yet put up almost identical #’s as this yr. I’m not being overly critical, I just don’t think he’s an impact player like that. He was biggest guy on the DL & I saw him get washed more times than my dirty drawers by OLmen who will never sniff the NFL. (Pun intended).

C+ DL, & I can stretch it to a B- for a couple of really good games on the season.

Friend; u know like I know what’s behind him. U should also know that I’ve been one of the more adamant posters about our lack of DT recruiting for a while. The LB, DT, & OL recruiting under the past two regimes were inexcusable.
Yeah I feel like @hoops156 has a point of course but we all kinda realize if losing a kid like Jackson is a devastating blow, then we have serious problems

Which we do realize we have

That’s why I won’t be sad if anyone leaves. They weren’t part of the solution

Friend; u know like I know what’s behind him. U should also know that I’ve been one of the more adamant posters about our lack of DT recruiting for a while. The LB, DT, & OL recruiting under the past two regimes were inexcusable.
Agree and obviously we have to wait to see who we sign in this class but as of today we have just 1 DT who flipped here a little over 24 hrs ago and we only signed 1 high school DT in last years class in Moten.

Advertisement
Could try to get a hardship waiver and they aren’t that difficult to get
Good luck with that. Pretty dumb move by him to risk his draft year next year to move but I get it miami looked like **** this year

Advertisement
Back