Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

He's a starter on a defense that stinks. He was good...but not good enough to be upset over. Sure...we got to replace him (obviously)...but it's he's not irreplaceable.
I absolutely disagree. I didnt say he was irreplaceable but not easy to find starting DTs in the portal who played well for you and dont give me PFF ratings which absolutely suck.

he wasn't the reason the D stunk either as the DL was actually good this season.

Advertisement
the same kids who are leaving (some of whom not all) are being talked about the same way we talk about some of our current guys. sometimes you get a mesidor, Parrish, Jackson other times you get Denis or w.e. the other OL is called

That's why we have an NFL scout on staff. Anyways, this year isn't like last year. There are already 3x as many players in the portal.

I don't want to violate any Terms of Service, but there is an article over on another side written by a guy whose name rhymes with Fat Mortadell which goes into the details of the story.

His mom lives in Quincy. Do the math.
I try no to **** too hard on anywhere in my home state (except Orlando, Gainesville, and Tallahassee), but Quincy is a dump.

He's a starter on a defense that stinks. He was good...but not good enough to be upset over. Sure...we got to replace him (obviously)...but it's he's not irreplaceable.

Can we please terminate the debate on the quality of the player and/or the defense and/or the depth chart?

His mother is very ill. If you want to debate this as it relates to another player, feel free.

That's why we have an NFL scout on staff. Anyways, this year isn't like last year. There are already 3x as many players in the portal.
some of those kids will go back to their current teams. remember some of the portal kids are just basically negotiating for a higher NIL deal

Advertisement
Dude... You're comparing someone who committed to one school and transferred to another one vs someone who committed to one, transferred to another one and now is transferring again.

Two totally different situations
I understand what your saying now I was just refrencing that I think it will be common for players to play against their former teams now.

Leaving here to go to FSU makes him very hatable.

Amen and amen.
A60EA06D-7779-4DFD-A8D7-17065413C9EC.gif

I try no to **** too hard on anywhere in my home state (except Orlando, Gainesville, and Tallahassee), but Quincy is a dump.

Yessir. And I would also hazard a guess that the quality of medical care in Dade County far surpasses that of Leon Gadsden County.

But I still respect his decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
some of those kids will go back to their current teams. remember some of the portal kids are just basically negotiating for a higher NIL deal

Good thing we have a billionaire fronting our NIL deals then. Be the better deal.

I don't want to violate any Terms of Service, but there is an article over on another side written by a guy whose name rhymes with Fat Mortadell which goes into the details of the story.

His mom lives in Quincy. Do the math.

Makes sense. Better than that one time when the QB transferred to Purdue to be closer to his sick dad in Tampa…

Advertisement
Yessir. And I would also hazard a guess that the quality of medical care in Dade County far surpasses that of Leon County.

But I still respect his decision.
I edited my previous post, as I wish for the best prognosis health-wise. I'll just leave it at that, because I don't like that it's FSU. At all.

Advertisement
thats awful honestly. it sucks to lose a starting DT. hope he gets all the time in the world he needs with his mom.

Agreed.

And, look, I understand that this board revolves around rumors and whatnot. I get it. And people are entitled to read as much or as little as they like. They can choose to believe the insiders or wage never-ending whiny-war on insiders.

But we are all built differently. Not necessarily better or worse, just differently.

When I heard the rumor and the potential landing spot, I knew something didn't quite add up to the "other storyline" of players being unhappy with the coaches. I asked around and was told "family", and I knew where he was from. I didn't know the medical details until I read it in the Fat Mortadell article.

All I am asking is for people to keep an open mind. There was absolutely nothing about this kid, or his time at UM, that would lead one to think he would bail over playing time or NIL or wins/losses.

Take care, all. Sometimes these kids have to make big moves for family health reasons.

Decision respected.

Advertisement
Back