Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Advertisement
I absolutely disagree. I didnt say he was irreplaceable but not easy to find starting DTs in the portal who played well for you and dont give me PFF ratings which absolutely suck.

he wasn't the reason the D stunk either as the DL was actually good this season.

You'd have an argument if we didn't get this same exact player in the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When you turnover a roster...you aren't just losing the players that don't/won't play.

You don't get to pick n choose. You're going to lose guys like this, too. With that said...0 votes...ZERO...in All-ACC voting and he was not one of them. 14 DTs received votes. He was a decent get from Maryland, but he's not irreplaceable.
I Love Apple Turnovers.....

Agreed.

And, look, I understand that this board revolves around rumors and whatnot. I get it. And people are entitled to read as much or as little as they like. They can choose to believe the insiders or wage never-ending whiny-war on insiders.

But we are all built differently. Not necessarily better or worse, just differently.

When I heard the rumor and the potential landing spot, I knew something didn't quite add up to the "other storyline" of players being unhappy with the coaches. I asked around and was told "family", and I knew where he was from. I didn't know the medical details until I read it in the Fat Mortadell article.

All I am asking is for people to keep an open mind. There was absolutely nothing about this kid, or his time at UM, that would lead one to think he would bail over playing time or NIL or wins/losses.

Take care, all. Sometimes these kids have to make big moves for family health reasons.

Decision respected.
I posted the F*ck’em gif but if he is transferring because his mother is ill. Nothing but respect and best of luck except when he play the Canes.

I posted the F*ck’em gif but if he is transferring because his mother is ill. Nothing but respect and best of luck except when he play the Canes.

Don't want to give away too many details, but another poster with a connection to a certain UM booster sent me a DM a couple of minutes ago to confirm that all relevant parties understand the situation. I told him that I hope that the relationship continues, because this young man could make a very powerful and moving statement on behalf of a medical-services-related company.

All the best to everyone, hug your fam, you never know.

Advertisement
That won't be good enough this year. There are 600+ players in the portal. I'm sure we can find 20+ who are better than what we have on our current garbage roster. And that needs to include high impact studs.
Finding them and getting them to come are two different things. Everyone in the country (including Bama) is after the studs.

Ehhh; not going to bash the kid if he’s legit leaving due to an ill mother. Mama comes 1st, always.

With that said, even if his mom wasn’t ill, I’m not losing sleep over losing him. He had moments, yes, but I wasn’t that impressed w/ him. I seen him get washed out a lot, especially as the season progressed. I know it’s been a while since we had elite DTs (w/ Norton & McIntosh availing themselves as very good) so maybe we forget how they look, so this wasn’t an “OMG” moment for me. Jackson was a C+ (grading on the curve B-) grade for me, this yr.

Take care of moms, youngin; if I was in this position, I would do the same.

Advertisement
Ehhh; not going to bash the kid if he’s legit leaving due to an ill mother. Mama comes 1st, always.

With that said, even if his mom wasn’t ill, I’m not losing sleep over losing him. He had moments, yes, but I wasn’t that impressed w/ him. I seen him get washed out a lot, especially as the season progressed. I know it’s been a while since we had elite DTs (w/ Norton & McIntosh availing themselves as very good) so maybe we forget how they look, so this wasn’t a “OMG” moment for me. Jackson was a C+ (grading on the curve B-) grade for me, this yr.

Take care of moms, youngin; if I was in this position, I would do the same.
Spot on as usual

Look he was solid for us, I think he’s a really good player in the making. It’s not sour grapes by saying I’m indifferent on this.

There’s really not one player on this team leaving that would actually bother me though if I’m completely honest. Everyone involved with what happened last year can go and there’s absolutely no one that’s irreplaceable

Would prefer to have him on the team of course but not one tear will be shed over anyone on this squad that chooses to leave

Advertisement
Back